Watch along: Kuroko's Basketball

Current and Classic Animation!

Which Sports themed anime should we watch?

Poll ended at Fri May 12, 2017 3:16 pm

Shin Ace wo Nerae! (New Aim for the Ace) (25 episodes)
No votes
Ping Pong the Animation (11 episodes, CR)
29%
Haikyu!! (season 1. 25 episodes, CR Hulu)
14%
Kuroko's Basketball (Season 1 25 episodes CR)
57%

Total votes: 7

Ayuu
Otaku

Re: Watch along: Kuroko's Basketball

Postby Ayuu » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:24 pm

Episode 22.5 and 23

Awesome~
Spoiler:
It was cool seeing how Kise got into the team and also getting to see the two members of the generation of miracles that we technically haven't met yet. I think knowing his backstory adds more weight to this particular match. Kick Aomine's neko Kise!! ::mischief::

DieSchlachten wrote:This game is intense and I am into it, but I can't really figure out what is truly the point to Seiren watching it... I think they are just going to take this as motivation to get better, but it would be better if they take elements from the two teams to work on their basics, defense, and team playing fundamentals. I hope it's the latter.

Spoiler:
I think its both. This is obviously going to hype them up to the tenth degree but I think their couch also wants them to see how Aomine and Kise play when they are going all out especially since they most likely will be facing both of them in matches very soon.

DieSchlachten
I Bleed Anime

Postby DieSchlachten » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:46 pm

Ayuu wrote:Episode 22.5 and 23

Awesome~
Spoiler:
It was cool seeing how Kise got into the team and also getting to see the two members of the generation of miracles that we technically haven't met yet. I think knowing his backstory adds more weight to this particular match. Kick Aomine's neko Kise!! ::mischief::

DieSchlachten wrote:This game is intense and I am into it, but I can't really figure out what is truly the point to Seiren watching it... I think they are just going to take this as motivation to get better, but it would be better if they take elements from the two teams to work on their basics, defense, and team playing fundamentals. I hope it's the latter.

Spoiler:
I think its both. This is obviously going to hype them up to the tenth degree but I think their couch also wants them to see how Aomine and Kise play when they are going all out especially since they most likely will be facing both of them in matches very soon.

I surely hope so. We have like minds on this show at this point.
Too-too-roo!
"We'll do some culture afterwards" -Macross (1982 Ep 36)

Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:07 pm

Episode 23

Spoiler:
This game is pretty sweet, just need someone to shut up squints mcgee and it will be perfect.
Move like lightning, sound like thunder.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Whiskeyjack19

DieSchlachten
I Bleed Anime

Postby DieSchlachten » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:14 pm

Eps 24

Wow we are slowly heading towards Dragon Ball Z. Exciting episode.
Too-too-roo!

Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:03 pm

Episode 24

God I love Kise.

Ayuu
Otaku

Postby Ayuu » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:20 pm

Episode 24
Spoiler:
FAHH. gao that was intense. I really don’t know where this last episode is going to go. Seeing Kise fully manage to copy Aomine was super hype. I got shivers when he blew past him. It’s anyone’s guess who is going to take this round though. I still want Kise to win like super badly. I think it would be interesting if Kise beat him because then Aomine and Kuroko would both have a loss in their pocket and be trying double as hard for the Winter Cup.

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Well, that was fun... and enough basketball for a few decades ::mischief::
Spoiler:
Definitely not a conclusion, but not a cliffhanger, either. But I think I have the formula down.
It was fun, but no need to see any more.

DieSchlachten
I Bleed Anime

Postby DieSchlachten » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:08 pm

I am going to continue. The show is pretty formulaic for a sports anime. A little above the Prince of Tennis level type stuff with the "powers," but remains interesting for me to want more.

I give it a solid 7/10. Above average for fine, and since I want to watch more of the show, I believe it is good.
Fun show and a fun watch.
Too-too-roo!

Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:34 pm

That was good. Already 11 episodes into season 2. I loved the match between Kise and Aomine and I think this first season only hinted at how compelling this show can be.

Ayuu
Otaku

Postby Ayuu » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:24 pm

Episode 25

Spoiler:
Damnit! That was crushing...ah well guess Kuroko will have to be the one to unseat Aomine.

I will definitely be continuing~ not at one episode a day though, I'll probably be bingeing it over the next few weeks. Pretty hype to see where the show goes and I really want to see some of the players we've only gotten hints at.