Gotta Watch 'em All! (Full Pokemon Series Watch-Along)

Current and Classic Animation!
thegenkiguy
Crazy About Anime

Gotta Watch 'em All! (Full Pokemon Series Watch-Along)

Postby thegenkiguy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:47 am

- Will be treated like a seasonal anime (so it's not so overwhelming xP). 1 EP a week (starting today)

- Encompasses all anime series (included banned eps), shorts, movies, etc.

- You can follow along with the sub or dub, but just know that you'll have to watch the banned, Japan-only episodes subtitled (there are a few of them) in order to be on the same page as everyone else.

- While legal streaming is available on Hulu and Netflix, they don't have every episode available...I'll leave it at that ^^'

- Yes, I am crazy and my priorities are all screwed up.

Just so we're on the same track, we will be using this nifty guide, which chronologically takes us all the way up until X & Y (from then on, we'll have to figure out the best order to tackle the movies and shorts that are sprinkled throughout X & Y and Sun & Moon): https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/217-pokemon/69236080

Pokemon Master status 100% guaranteed.

Note: Thank SemiBolt for inspiring the idea!

thegenkiguy
Crazy About Anime

Re: Gotta Watch 'em All! (Full Pokemon Series Watch-Along)

Postby thegenkiguy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:41 am

Episode 1 (Pokémon - I Choose You!)

Wow, this brings me back. I probably watched this episode in...3rd grade? It's been a while. (Time flies)

I didn't realize how much of a jerk Gary was! lol. Spoiled brat...

Man, I've missed chunky PIkachu. So adorable! And such an a-hole xD (dat Pika-chuckle)

Don't worry Ash's mom. Your son is just gonna travel the world interacting with complete strangers, thugs, and dangerous Pokemon! No worries xP

And is it me, or did that Pokedex take on a slightly sarcastic tone when it was telling Ash about how to capture a Pokemon? lol. And it DEFINITELY did when it was telling Ash about Rattatas (STUPID travelers, LOL)

This episode was pretty awesome. That ending was beautiful. Very feels. Much nostalgic.

And so our Pokemon journey begins!

SemiBolt
Anime Junky

Postby SemiBolt » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:45 pm

Wooo! so excited. I'll start it ASAP :3

SemiBolt
Anime Junky

Postby SemiBolt » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:21 pm

Episode 1!
I miss fat pikachu T_T
Ahh so many memories.
The music is just as good as I remember and the characters were really fun.
The humor still makes me laugh and the pacing was waaaay faster than i remember O_o
Its still hilarious that Gary has a car, cheerleaders and a whole gang when hes only 10 years old XD He has a bright future ahead of him.

Gonna be a fun ride with this! And so our journey begins searching for the ONE PIECE!
Also, Wow. Sugoi. Pikachu is Uber kawaii.

thegenkiguy
Crazy About Anime

Postby thegenkiguy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:34 pm

Episode 2 (Pokémon Emergency!)

Nurse Joy: "We have a driveway you know..." xD

Some of the english dub can be super campy, but when it's funny it's hilarious. Also James is so suave! xD

Yay, officer Jenny! Yay, Nurse Joy! Yay, Team Rocket! But, more importantly, Koffing! Koffing is so adorbz! ^^

Also, Professor Oak is a bumbling idiot:

Prof. Oak: "Is it true that you're in Viridian City?"

Ash: "Well, you couldn't be calling me here otherwise."

LOL

And then he bet money that Ash would catch a Pokemon before arriving in Viridian City. Poor fool xD (Ash: "Well, money isn't everything." LOL)

This episode went by so fast! And what an explosive finale! I'm having a lot of fun with this ^^

thegenkiguy
Crazy About Anime

Postby thegenkiguy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:15 pm

Episode 3 (Ash Catches A Pokemon)

Oh my God! The POKERAP. MY CHILDHOOD!

"CATCH'EM! CATCH'EM! GOTTA CATCH'EM ALL!"

That was an awesome surprise! I didn't remember hearing it this early in!

And this episode was my favorite so far! Ash and Misty acting Tsundere. Pikachu being super adorbz emotional support. Caterpie being ADORABLE AS FU-

FUUKA. ADORABLE AS FUUKA.

But seriously, I do not remember Caterpie being this endearing. And that scene between it and Pikachu under the moonlight was sooooooooooooo kawaii. I teared up a little, because I remember the context for that scene. Caterpie just wants to fly! Man, that was so beautiful.

I thought initially that Pokemon would not age as well, but I was so wrong. These episodes go by so quickly! I look forward to this every week! (Wish more people would join in though...)

Favorite Quote of the Episode:

Misty: "Ash! Put that slimy thing back in the Pokeball! Bugs are one of the three most disgusting things in the world!"

Ash: "Aside from you, what are the other disgusting things?"

SemiBolt
Anime Junky

Postby SemiBolt » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:54 pm

thegenkiguy wrote:Episode 3 (Ash Catches A Pokemon)

Oh my God! The POKERAP. MY CHILDHOOD!

"CATCH'EM! CATCH'EM! GOTTA CATCH'EM ALL!"

That was an awesome surprise! I didn't remember hearing it this early in!

And this episode was my favorite so far! Ash and Misty acting Tsundere. Pikachu being super adorbz emotional support. Caterpie being ADORABLE AS FU-

FUUKA. ADORABLE AS FUUKA.

But seriously, I do not remember Caterpie being this endearing. And that scene between it and Pikachu under the moonlight was sooooooooooooo kawaii. I teared up a little, because I remember the context for that scene. Caterpie just wants to fly! Man, that was so beautiful.

I thought initially that Pokemon would not age as well, but I was so wrong. These episodes go by so quickly! I look forward to this every week! (Wish more people would join in though...)

Favorite Quote of the Episode:

Misty: "Ash! Put that slimy thing back in the Pokeball! Bugs are one of the three most disgusting things in the world!"

Ash: "Aside from you, what are the other disgusting things?"

LOL, pokemon can go so savage at times its hilarious XD Can't wait for Brock to appear!
Can't wait for more puns too ;D

Episode 3
Pokemon is way more fast paced than I remember O___O
So much is happening in so little time O_o

Caterpie is so adorable and misty is such a jerk ;-;
At least pikachu had a sweet moment with him at night ;-;

hype for future episodes :3

thegenkiguy
Crazy About Anime

Postby thegenkiguy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:32 pm

Episode 4 (Challenge of Samurai)

Dag, Metapod already evolved. Butterfree is so cute (but not as cute as Caterpie). Dem Beedrill were scary o.o (And also, Kakuna's evolution was kinda gross-looking xP)

Imagine living in the Pokemon world with giant friggin bees flying around. I don't blame Misty for being terrified o.o

That samurai kid was kinda annoying, but the Metapod vs Metapod standoff was hilarious. Especially when Misty and Pikachu started sun-bathing, lol.

And of course, Team Rocket being Team Rocket. "Never interrupt the Team Rocket motto!" lol

Pewter City next. You know what that means! Broku-kun! xD

thegenkiguy
Crazy About Anime

Postby thegenkiguy » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:42 pm

Episode 5 (Showdown in Pewter City)

That Flint dude was super shady. And his voice in the dub was so bad it was kinda funny. Especially his laugh.

So they explain that the nurses at the Pokemon Centers all look alike because they're sisters? Seems legit.

Misty leaving Ash with the bill. Guess he can put that one on that bike tab xP

Wow Brock. I completely misremembered his personality. I thought he was way more goofy. I also didn't remember him having such a sad backstory. Dad's a walkout. Mom died. And he's left to take care of 10 (10!!!) little brothers and sisters. That's crazy o.o (Also, someone was getting buuuuusssssyyy xD)

I don't remember Ash beating Brock like that. First he put Pika on steroids and then he cheated by attacking when the sprinklers went off. Ash is a terrible trainer. And Brock's father is no better (no wonder he failed xD)

SemiBolt
Anime Junky

Postby SemiBolt » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:28 pm

thegenkiguy wrote:Episode 5 (Showdown in Pewter City)

That Flint dude was super shady. And his voice in the dub was so bad it was kinda funny. Especially his laugh.

So they explain that the nurses at the Pokemon Centers all look alike because they're sisters? Seems legit.

Misty leaving Ash with the bill. Guess he can put that one on that bike tab xP

Wow Brock. I completely misremembered his personality. I thought he was way more goofy. I also didn't remember him having such a sad backstory. Dad's a walkout. Mom died. And he's left to take care of 10 (10!!!) little brothers and sisters. That's crazy o.o (Also, someone was getting buuuuusssssyyy xD)

I don't remember Ash beating Brock like that. First he put Pika on steroids and then he cheated by attacking when the sprinklers went off. Ash is a terrible trainer. And Brock's father is no better (no wonder he failed xD)

Episode 5:
Brock's gym rocks. Heh.
And yeah Brock's dad was getting busy but if every poke center has a nurse joy and they are all sisters.......that's like thousands of kids .____. And they all look the same age 0.0! THE PLOT THICKENS!

The gym battle was way more dramatic when I was a kid lol. I was like YEAH! Ash won! And he really deserved it for all his work! But all he did was walk a little......huh.
Oh boy I can't wait for the Brock jokes!
Lol when flint laughed it was so ingenuine it made me chuckle way too much.

Fun episode and it's gonna be cool to see the other ones :3