Watch along: Kill-La-Kill

Current and Classic Animation!

Which Female-led Action-adventure shall we watch?

Rose of Versailles (40 eps CR)
20%
Kill-La-Kill (24 eps CR)
40%
Noir (26 eps FN)
10%
Mitchiko & Hatchin (22 eps FN)
30%

Total votes: 10

Neko
Jii-San

Re: Watch along: Kill-La-Kill

Postby Neko » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:46 pm

BlueSpark wrote:Episode 20

The dub calls the flagship the "Naked Soul," and 5 seconds later, the subtitle introduces it as the "S.S. Naked Sun." Make up your mind, please :P!

In the sub, the flagship is "Naked Sol", so that kinda makes sense.

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:06 am

Neko wrote:In the sub, the flagship is "Naked Sol", so that kinda makes sense.
Ooohhh... So that's it? Sol? Assuming they meant it to be the French word for "sun," the pronunciation in the dub is way off. They really do make it sound like "soul".

Episode 21

Yay – more screaming matches between Ryuko and Sastsuki! Except that this time, the roles of "good girl" and "bad girl" (in a very rough sense) have been switched, but nothing else of significance has changed.

Not that it's my cup of tea, but I gotta respect this episode's firework of extravagant weapons: vehicles, swords, combat suits of various kinds. Shoutout to the Flying Fiber, a perfect(ly disgusting) mount for maniacal Mrs. Ragiou!

Mako in the spotlight! There's her moment of heroism! Going down a slide face first, donning Senketsu, and holding a passionate speech about friendship. You need to give her an A for effort, at least.
I was quite surprised by Ryuko's 'change of heart' in the end, because for all intents and purposes, it looked like Mako's actions had ended in failure. Maybe I missed something...
Last edited by BlueSpark on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:27 am

One busy weekend and I'm behind. Think tomorrow is the last day so I have 5 episodes to rush through haha..

On that note, finishing up Episode 18, I really enjoy Satsuki looking down her nose on someone besides Ryuuko. And I'm going to assume that discarded baby is Ryuuko lol... (edit: okay it was right at the end lol)
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:48 am

Episode 22

That assistant lady's ability to talk while having a fountain of blood gushing right into her face sure is impressive. What, Nui's ability to survive losing said fountain of blood (twice that amount, in fact)? Well, yeah, that too. But she's a life fiber freak.

I can appreciate the attempt at redemption for Satsuki as a character; her development and her accepting the idea that people are more than just mindless pigs. However, it's far too little, too late for me to start liking her at this point.

Did anyone else wonder when Mako's mom had time to prepare her famous croquettes amidst all the fighting and life-saving as part of the back-alley doctors crew? No? Well, I probably shouldn't care, either. But sometimes, those unassuming little questions start bugging you :P.

Loved Senketsu's outburst of tears. You little sentimental softie, you ^_^. It actually was a pretty touching scene, though. This final story arc at last has some emotional moments for me to enjoy.

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:29 am

As it seems I'm ahead of the pack (or maybe it's just that nobody wants to talk to me ::alone::), I decided to take a time-out yesterday. Now I'm back on track, heading for the series' finale.

Episode 23

This episode pretty much amounts to one big battlefest, which means not too much of interest for me to comment on (In case anybody wasn't aware yet, action is my least favorite genre in anime :P).

I'm happy (in a guilty-pleasure kind of way) that Jakuzure still looks incredibly sexy in her final goku uniform. But how in the world does that little piece of cloth covering her privates stay in place?

I kinda goofed up in my earlier post: sol is not the French word for "sun" (that would be soleil), but I'm pretty sure it is in some Romanic language.
Anyway, back on topic, the ship's turbines sure reek of advanced tech... not. Well, it's one way to reduce CO2 emissions, at least :D.

Lastly, the final episode preview got pretty meta (coming full circle to the latest OS podcast episode). Way to psyche yourselves up, Trigger ;)!

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:21 am

Sol would be for spanish i think.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:42 am

Well, KLK is in the Watch-Along books. Thanks to all who joined in, and thanks especially to those who commented.

I enjoyed it second time around. Ready for more Trigger!

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:32 am

It's a wrap, then. I didn't really have much to comment on the final episode (which I watched just now) other than I loved them bringing back the 1st OP and ED, and that the finale made me tear up a little. Ryuko and Senketsu were a great team indeed.