List Your Favorite Anime!

Current and Classic Animation!
Andrew
Site Admin

List Your Favorite Anime!

Postby Andrew » Thu May 15, 2014 10:17 pm

For any of our readers and listeners, our top list is no secret. However I really want to know what everyone's favorite anime are. Top lists are a great way for others to find some fantastic titles, so I can't wait to hear what yours are!

In case people missed it. Listed under out Top Anime page:
  • Clannad
  • Death Note
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Code Geass
  • Wolf Children
  • When Cicadas Cry
  • Sword Art Online
  • Air (TV)
  • Hanasaku Iroha
  • Katanagatari
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Neko
Jii-San

Re: List Your Favorite Anime!

Postby Neko » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:04 pm

Really pleased to se Hanasaku Iroha among your favorites! I really loved this show, it was beautiful and engaging. I'm blown away by the production value of PA Works productions, I'm really hoping we'll get to see Glasslip.

So here goes, some of my current favorites:
• Princess Jellyfish
• Hanasaku Iroha
• Natsume Yuujinchou
• Wolf Children*
• Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day*
• Robotics;Notes
• Nagi No Asukara **
• Tari-Tari
•Toradora
•Steins;Gate
•Erased

(I kinda wish I'd been keeping track via MAL or something)

*Loved these, but can I I take the tears of watching again?
** Because it was so beautiful, I mean "Bambi" or "Pinocchio" beautiful!

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:12 pm

i have been considering princess jellyfish. great list. i agree on nagi no asu that was a georgeous show. wolf children is good tears you can watch it over and over. not like grave of fireflies. i dont think you can watch that one more then once.

avpman
I Like Anime

Postby avpman » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:13 pm

I am new to this forum. Really enjoy the podcast. Havn't seen too many Animes, but I will still try and make a top 10. Here it goes.
As of right now.
10. Ghost hunt
9. Kanon 2006
8. Code Geass
7. Toradora
6. Digimon
5. Fate/zero
4. angel beats
3. DBZ
2. death note
1. Clannad ( and after story)

avpman
I Like Anime

Postby avpman » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:18 pm

I know I definitely Left some out, but this is basically the only Animes that I have watched so far. I Just found your top 50 list you guys posted. So, I will look at that and find some shows to watch! Again, Love the podcasts, keep it up!

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:56 pm

avpman wrote:I am new to this forum. Really enjoy the podcast. Havn't seen too many Animes, but I will still try and make a top 10. Here it goes.
As of right now.
10. Ghost hunt
9. Kanon 2006
8. Code Geass
7. Toradora
6. Digimon
5. Fate/zero
4. angel beats
3. DBZ
2. death note
1. Clannad ( and after story)

Hello avpman, welcome to our community! Thanks for listening to the podcast and I'm glad you enjoy it!

Really solid list there. I'm sure as time goes on you'll find new gems, but you definitely had a good start in my eyes. :)

avpman
I Like Anime

Postby avpman » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:06 pm

Thank you! I never thought I would ever get into Anime. I am 20 and I just started watching it last summer besides Digimon, pokemon, and dragon ball z. Those I watched as a teen, but other than that I didn't watch any. I started watching Anime again last summer. Started with Angel beats and just got hooked after that. Clannad Was amazing and Death note was just Intense! I am really glad I got into anime. I saw your podcast about wolf children and I just bought it off amazon a couple days ago. I just watched it yesterday and I loved it. Do you guys have any other good anime movie recommendations? Sorry this might not be the best topic to post this on.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:54 am

avpman wrote:Thank you! I never thought I would ever get into Anime. I am 20 and I just started watching it last summer besides Digimon, pokemon, and dragon ball z. Those I watched as a teen, but other than that I didn't watch any. I started watching Anime again last summer. Started with Angel beats and just got hooked after that. Clannad Was amazing and Death note was just Intense! I am really glad I got into anime. I saw your podcast about wolf children and I just bought it off amazon a couple days ago. I just watched it yesterday and I loved it. Do you guys have any other good anime movie recommendations? Sorry this might not be the best topic to post this on.

You're fine, we aren't overly strict about where people have to post :) Just casual conversations anywhere.

If you're specifically looking for movies and not series, there's a few good ones out there. The director of Wolf Children, Mamoru Hosoda, also did Summer Wars which has the same family feel with some fun action included. Akira, Armitage 3, and pretty much anything Studio Ghibli makes.

If you're not specific to movies, here is our top 50 anime you should watch post. Has some titles to add to your list.
http://otakuspirit.com/2014/06/top-50-a ... uld-watch/

MissMurder1221
Lead Tsundere

Postby MissMurder1221 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:55 am

ok, so I finally made my list (mind, I will not have any anime I haven't finished. I will be adding Guilty Crown to this when I do get past part 1. it love it so far.), so here goes!!

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion (shocker)
2. Sword Art Online
3. Soul Eater
4. BAKA and TEST / Haganai
5. Corpse Party Tortured Souls OVA ( I am 100% ashamed and not proud about how I had to watch this. it was fan subbed, so it wasn't even an actual sub, but it was really good I will definitely watch it again when it's officially out for us so it can get the credit it deserves AND I will definitely buy it. I just hope it's sometime soon.)
6. Ouran High School Host Club / Digimon
7. Black Butler
8. Angel Beats!
9. Good Luck Girl!
10. Chobits
Koneko-Chan, at your service! Image
FFXIV Advocate

taiga
I Like Anime

Postby taiga » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:43 am

Toradora!