The Open letter

Current and Classic Animation!
Eira
Anime Junky

Re: The Open letter

Postby Eira » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:14 am

BlueSpark wrote:Anyway, one way I could take part in active, procedural discussion would be by resurrecting our watch-alongs.

Cat's out of the bag then. This is the project I was talking about, haha, just a few hours ago Chris gave me the all good and go ahead to run it now, turns out I didn’t even need to ask. So soon I’ll be resurrecting that hopefully. And since everyone can know now, by soon I mean right now.
Last edited by Eira on Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:32 am

Call me a clairvoyant 8-). Anyway, looking for a fitting image... Ah, there it is:

I'll be awaiting further news :).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Never understood why it stopped.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Well, I haven't seen Neko around in ages. Since he was always in charge of organizing the watch-alongs, I figured the whole thing had just quietly disappeared with him. Unless he's still posting in the Seasonal Discussion forum.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:45 am

fragoff wrote:Typing text is too long and is a very bad system to have a debate. Too bothersome, most of the time.

I actually really agrrewith fragoff on this. I've seen many posts that I would join in the conversation, but when I see walls of text on a single post, it feels like too much of a chore and just skip it all together.

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:51 am

SethAmaha wrote:
fragoff wrote:Typing text is too long and is a very bad system to have a debate. Too bothersome, most of the time.

I actually really agrrewith fragoff on this. I've seen many posts that I would join in the conversation, but when I see walls of text on a single post, it feels like too much of a chore and just skip it all together.

Then why are you in a text based forum?

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:06 am

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:
SethAmaha wrote:

I've seen many posts that I would join in the conversation, but when I see walls of text on a single post, it feels like too much of a chore and I just skip it all together.

Then why are you in a text based forum?

THIS! This is what I was talking about with people having the wrong mindset for this kind of thing. I also find it kind of ironic that Seth will make many long posts in his ‘blogs’ but if he ever has to read someone else’s long posts then ‘it’s too much of a chore’

Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:03 am

Eira wrote:I also find it kind of ironic that Seth will make many long posts in his ‘blogs’ but if he ever has to read someone else’s long posts then ‘it’s too much of a chore’
He's got you there, buddy Amaha ;).

To be fair, saying he doesn't enjoy reading overly long posts isn't the same as saying he doesn't want to participate in written discussion, period. At some points, I have found myself debating whether to read a bunch of lengthy posts with the prospect of joining a discussion. Although in my case, this mainly refers to older threads with several pages worth of text. In general, I'm much more of a reader and writer than a listener and talker, so I usually appreciate people being elaborate with their replies.

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:43 am

BlueSpark wrote:
Eira wrote:Kind of ironic that Seth will make many long posts in his ‘blogs’ but if he ever has to read someone else’s long posts then ‘it’s too much of a chore’
He's got you there. To be fair, saying he doesn't enjoy reading overly long posts isn't the same as saying he doesn't want to participate in written discussion.

I know, I just left like bringing up a point of Irony. I'm sure Seth assumes and wants others to read his blogs so for him to then go and say that we shouldn't make walls of text cause he doesn't like it just didn't sit well with me.
BlueSpark wrote:At some points, I have found myself debating whether to read a bunch of lengthy posts with the prospect of joining a discussion. Although in my case, this mainly refers to older threads with several pages worth of text. In general, I'm much more of a reader and writer than a listener and talker, so I usually appreciate people being elaborate with their replies.

I'm the same way, I'm actually a lot more fond of long posts within forums, I think the fact that they are posts is meant to imply that they should be longer, If you want short snappy discussion with short messages you can also find a chat room or Discord to serve that purpose.
I'm with you in that I enjoy how in formes we can make long posts and take the time to really explain ourselves and out points, we can have long and elaborate discussions. I just really like that aspect of it.

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:38 am

Reading and answering are 2 very different thing.
Beside, arguing in written format is cubbersome and not the way to comunicate for this kind of activity.
Don't mix concepts, causes and effects.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato