The Open letter

Current and Classic Animation!
Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Re: The Open letter

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:45 am

fragoff wrote:Reading and answering are 2 very different thing.
Beside, arguing in written format is cubbersome and not the way to comunicate for this kind of activity.
Don't mix concepts, causes and effects.

You're right, one you don't need an account for. The entire point of making an account is so you can respond

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:57 am

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:The entire point of making an account is so you can respond
Which doesn't mean you need to respond to everything / every type of topic. While I don't fully share SethAmaha's sentiment concerning large posts, I'd say he's free to read and reply to whatever he wants. That doesn't make his forum account any less justified.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:16 am

BlueSpark wrote:
Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:The entire point of making an account is so you can respond
Which doesn't mean you need to respond to everything / every type of topic. While I don't fully share SethAmaha's sentiment concerning large posts, I'd say he's free to read and reply to whatever he wants. That doesn't make his forum account any less justified.

I didn't quote Seth

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:34 am

Fair enough, I may have been reading into that too much. His statement was the basis for what we're discussing, that's why I assumed.

Talking generally, then, I still think we should clearly separate "not being willing to respond to specific posts/topics" and "not being willing to respond at all."
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:49 am

BlueSpark wrote:Fair enough, I may have been reading into that too much. His statement was the basis for what we're discussing, that's why I assumed.

Talking generally, then, I still think we should clearly separate "not being willing to respond to specific posts/topics" and "not being willing to respond at all."

I was specifically taking about fragoff there. The whole post just doesn't make sense to me. If you don't like discussing through text a forum or board is clearly just not for you. As for the normal pompus attitude that I read into the post I'll ignore it here.

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:43 pm

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:I was specifically taking about fragoff there. The whole post just doesn't make sense to me. If you don't like discussing through text a forum or board is clearly just not for you. As for the normal pompus attitude that I read into the post I'll ignore it here.

So what is, for you, the 'rightfull' lenght of text necessary to 'earn' to the fact you registered? is it 10 words? 1500? Should people feel obliged to write a long dissertation on any given topic because wotherwise they brake the 'rule of forum..ing'? who makes the rules?
It doesn't make sense to you because you choose to interpret what i meant instead of actually understanding what i wrote. I have not said that writing was not the thing to do in a forum. if you read me carefully, i talked about not having to write very long letters all the time to argue on something. I also talked about the less than optimal tool a forum is for debates.
I am going to overlook the ' pompus' comment here, assuming it is directed at me. The most commun mistake with writen comments, is how easy it is to put intentions beind the words of someone you do not see.

p.s: if i said anything contrary to this, please quote me, and i will diligently escuse myself for not paying attention to what i said.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:44 pm

Obviously the point we were trying to make is not getting through. Think about this from the standpoint of someone who is not already part of the conversation and hits up on a conversation. If they hit up on this one it would be feasible because so far each post has been 1-3 short paragraphs. But if they hit up on another one where they would have to scroll down over and over just to read a single post, that is not a very inviting conversation and that is the issue we are dealing with.

If we want to make this whole thing inviting for new people, we have to make accessible to them and do it in a way that lets them quickly understand what the conversation is and where it is at that moment.

And I do hear the criticism I get from the blogs I do. To be honest, I never did do the first one in hopes of making conversation, I was always surprised that anyone ever said anything. Even then I never liked doing them so long so for the new one I make it a short 2-3 paragraph posts so it would be easier to read.

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:09 am

SethAmaha wrote:Obviously the point we were trying to make is not getting through.

It's been over a month since anyone posted in here. I don't see what happened to set you off, could you give a little more context. Also yes whatever "point" you've been trying to make has not gotten though, at least not to me. Cause as far as I've been able to tell you've never really made any points in relation to this conversation.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:24 am

I didn't. Fullemtal bumped this thread back up. I was happy letting this whole thing go.

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:44 am

SethAmaha wrote:Fullemtal bumped this thread back up. I was happy letting this whole thing go.

Well it's still an issue. I don't think it's as bad as it once was but it's still not good by any means. And look, if you don't wanna be a part of this open letter conversation then you don't have to be. I've made your non-existent point and want to "let this whole thing go" then just do that.

However if you still want to be a part of it, then don't complain about it and just say what you want to say.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560