Cry like a baby

Current and Classic Animation!
fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Re: Cry like a baby

Postby fragoff » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:15 am

Eira wrote:I know not everyone feels the same way and I didn’t mean to disrespect anyone opnion or anything. I’m so sorry if I came across that way. I hope this can be forgiven and doesn’t reflect poorly on me in the future.

Don't worry. I make it a rule to be looked upon poorly. Making me the king of the game. So they will not pay attention to you, a mere apprentice!
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:21 am

Eira wrote:
Chris wrote:Not sure if your intending it but your sounding a little defensive. It’s ok not everyone will be affected the same way. You don’t have to justify yourself. Some of us disagree with you.

I kinda jump to being defensive about this because almost everyone I’ve talked to about it in real life has instantly started labeling me as cold-hearted for not crying during it and that really bothers me since as I said, I’ve cried to some really basic stuff before.

About the only thing that is irking me about your posts is your blatant disregard for spoilers. Honestly I get that you think the movie is utter garbage but please not everyone feels the same way please have a little respect for difference of opinion. Keep your arguments in spoiler tags so if someone for whatever reason has not watched the movie can at least experience the shock or non shock that same as you and I have.

You’re totally right and I can’t believe I didn’t even think of that, for some reason I didn’t even think about how not everyone has seen the movie. Since it’s so popular and everything. Everyone I’ve talked to has always known what I’m talking about, so it just didn’t cross my mind. I’ve gone back and edited my posts to have spoiler tags on them.

DestroyerGX wrote:

Made it a quote so you’d be notified, if you could go back and edit your post so that your quote of me is in a spoiler tag I’d really appreciate it.

I know not everyone feels the same way and I didn’t mean to disrespect anyone opnion or anything. I’m so sorry if I came across that way. I hope this can be forgiven and doesn’t reflect poorly on me in the future.

no you are absolutely forgiven. i was more concerned that i would come off harsher then i intended. i always hope for a little bonk on the head or flick to the forehead hey your forgetting basic courtesies in your excitement. you are doing exactly what i was hoping for. i want this to be a fun place.

::peace::

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:18 am

Eira wrote:
DestroyerGX wrote:Grave of The Fireflies
Spoiler:
He did die: it's shown in the beginning of the movie. All the rest of the movie is a flashback of the final days of him and his sister.

Spoiler:
Really, okay. I don’t remember that at all. Well either way not exactly what I meant, heck I would of even preferred that the director really make it about his childhood. For those who don’t know he somewhat based grave of the fireflies off of his childhood since he grew up in japan during world war 2 and had a little sister, but she died because he kept taking her food in order to keep himself alive. Now that would of been a more interesting movie.

I know. I just wanted to correct your observation. That's all. The first few times I watched, I did shed some tears, but recently I didn't. It was more depressing than tear-jerking, to paraphrase BlueSpark. It would have been better if the director did it more on his childhood than making it the way it is! I agree about the main character: he made so many poor decisions, and he just reaped the consequences of them, all because of his main character flaws!

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:30 am

fragoff wrote:Don't worry. I make it a rule to be looked upon poorly. Making me the king of the game. So they will not pay attention to you, a mere apprentice!

Forgive me lord decenaracey, you are absolutely right.

Chris wrote: no you are absolutely forgiven. i was more concerned that i would come off harsher then i intended. i always hope for a little bonk on the head or flick to the forehead ‘hey your forgetting basic courtesies in your excitement’. you are doing exactly what i was hoping for. i want this to be a fun place.

I’m glad we got everything worked out, I still find this a fun place and that’s why I wanted to act so quickly to remedy the situation, I don’t wanna be removed from this place or make it bad for someone else. Thank you for notifying me and not just instalty penalising me.

DestroyerGX wrote: I agree about the main character: he made so many poor decisions, and he just reaped the consequences of them, all because of his main character flaws!

I think it’s exactly that thing that pulled me out of it, the sad moments didn’t feel earned to me. With all this talk I started reflecting on the difference between what makes me cry and what doesn’t and I think it really just comes down the characters and if I care about them, seems obvious. But even in this situation were something absolutely horrible happens I just can’t feel like the shows earned it cause I don’t like the characters and thus I don’t cry or get sad.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:57 pm

Going back to the topic, the top 2 tearjerkers for me were (1) Ep. 18 of Clannad After-Story, starting when Tomoya remembers the past (tears just kept on coming down onward), and then (2) Ep. 13, when Nagisa gets a big surprise (this one I rate slightly below Ep. 18); in general, speaking, in one episode or another in Clannad I ended up crying, so I will not mention the rest of them.

The runners-up would have to be these:
-near the end of The Wind Rises: I felt exactly the same way, even crying with the main character's sister
Spoiler:
about the fate of his wife
;
-the Little Busters! Refrain episodes in which the pasts of Masato and Kengo were brought up, and then also Ep. 11, when everything was revealed "and everything starts" (to quote the anime);
-the ending of Makoto's arc in Kanon;
-the end of Anohana;
-Your Lie in April, with the parts involving Kosaka and his mother and of course, the ending.

There are others, but these I will list.

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Re: Cry like a baby8

Postby fragoff » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:08 pm

Well picked! I forgot your lie in april. A close runner up for sure. What a terrible anime.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

SemiBolt
Anime Junky

Postby SemiBolt » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:43 pm

Clannad did when I first watched it like 3 years ago. I'm curious to see if it still holds up so I'm due for a re-watch.
More recently I'd say Ashita no Joe and my rewatch of Bakuman.

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:52 am

DestroyerGX wrote:-Your Lie in April, with the parts involving Kosaka and his mother and of course, the ending.
Good call. Just like fragoff, I completely forgot about this show. Yeah, dat ending was strong.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:12 am

BlueSpark wrote: dat ending was Wrong.

I corrected your typo. No thanks needed...

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:19 am

fragoff wrote:I corrected your typo. No thanks needed...
Someone salty that their dream waifu isn't available anymore ;)?
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!