20%

Total votes: 10

BlueSpark
Otaku

Re: Community Watch Along: Lyrical Nanoha

Postby BlueSpark » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:37 am

Episode 10
Spoiler:
So, it'll be a couple of days before HQ responds with the requested information on Evil Momma? Sounds almost as bad as german bureaucracy :P.

I had a "Yeees!" moment when Arf confronted Fate's mother. I've actually been wishing for that since episode 7. Although I was hoping for more of a backstab - that way, perhaps she would've actually stood a chance.
By the way, in this episode, the other characters call her "Aruf." Definitely some inconsistent dubbing at work here.

I found it interesting that Arf seemed to enjoy the dog food. So familiars not only take the form of an animal, but their eating habits, too? Now I wish I could remember what Yuno's been eating so far.

Aww, just as Raging Heart was ready to jump into the action, they cut it off on a cliffhanger :(. I need more wand-kun in my life.
That's 10 out of 13 episodes completed, and I still have no idea where the "Lyrical" part of the title comes in... Perhaps it'll be a last-minute reveal à la Your Lie in April?
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:07 am

I don't rewatch for watch alongs under most circumstances

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:59 am

Episode 11
Spoiler:
It's an intriguing little detail to see Chrono casually brush the control girl's hair like that. Stuff like this really gives me a sense that these side characters are more than just walking plot tools. It makes me wonder what their relationship is like.

Nanoha: "I just want to see you smile." So now, while you're in a completely defenseless state, "I'm going to hit you with everything I've got!" This is unintentionally hilarious.

Turns out Presia is just another generic villain. Poor Fate. Also, that maniacal laugh is freaking annoying :x!

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:59 am

Episode 12
Spoiler:
I think it would've been a beautifully bittersweet twist to not have Fate wake up from her comatose state. But I suppose we're headed towards a happy conclusion instead. Not that I don't think Fate deserves one; she may have seemed rather unlikeable in the beginning, but I had a hunch she'd turn out to be someone we can root for.

Although I was quite baffled when, after waking up, she suddenly treated Bardiche as her best friend. Really? You know Aruf has been risking her neck for you, right? And Nanoha tried time and again to reach out to you while you did nothing but antagonize her? Then again, I guess knowing scarcely anything but fighting your whole life does make your weapon your best friend. Similar to how soldiers name their rifles.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:54 am

Spoiler:
It's too bad I'm too busy to actually keep up with the show. I'm actually really behind the 30 shows I'm watching this season.

Anyways, about Bardiche. The wands are never really fully explained in the series but what little s offered in the future, we basically piece together that the characters become truly close with the AI's withing the wands. Just as we had Raising Heart release one of the stones to give to Fate and save Nanoha, the wands do indeed have a mind of their own and as it is further explained, the AI's become more in tune with their master's to the point that they are able to change their forms and abilities to the needs of their masters. So for Fate, it is not exactly outside of the realms of her reality to feel so close to a thing she sees more as a person than an object. Again, it is not very well explained in this season and it never really is at any one time, it is just put into play very casually through the series.

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:09 am

That's some nice background knowledge - thanks! Assuming Fate has been working with Bardiche for a long time, this puts things into perspective.

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:47 am

So that’s a wrap, of course feel free to comment on the final episode or series as a whole even if it’s beyond the day requirement. Shame I wasn’t able to participate in this one seeing as I really did want to but bad luck will be bad luck I guess.

Hopefully I can take part in the next one, which I will be setting but in the next few days, I would of liked to see a bit more participation in this and more dicussion overall but hey, for now it’s a pretty decent successes since it’s the first revival of it, hopefully the wheels will turn a bit more in the future. It’s enough of a success for me to want to keep it up!

So I’ll see you all in a few days with the next watch a long topic, hopefully I’ll be able to take part, again still feel free to keep commenting on the series or final episode. Hope to see you all next time ;p
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:25 am

So, I'm finally finished. It was fun to see the ship crew's 'off-the-clock' demeanor, kidding around like most work teams do when the job's done. Also, Raging Heart forever! To me, it's the hidden MVP of the show, much in the vein of First Love Monster's Crabita.

To anyone who knows a bit about my tastes in anime, it should come as no surprise that I didn't enjoy Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. If I hadn't been watching this for the community watch-along, I would've probably dropped it after a couple of episodes. Which makes it sadly ironic that I had to go it alone for pretty much all of the latter half. Here's hoping that the next round will feature a show that's more my speed.

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:41 am

BlueSpark wrote:
To anyone who knows a bit about my tastes in anime, it should come as no surprise that I didn't enjoy Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. If I hadn't been watching this for the community watch-along.

Thank you very much for taking one for the team!
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:09 pm

Just doing my rubesty, is all. Since I don't participate in seasonal anime discussions, I like the idea of doing this every once in a while. Plus I kind of suggested reviving the watch-along in the first place (although Eira is the one who took the initiative). So I'll keep on trying, even if I'm by myself.