2019 Seasonal Picks!

Current and Classic Animation!
Eira
Anime Junky

2019 Seasonal Picks!

Postby Eira » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:22 pm

Hey everyone, it’s me Eira, taking helm for another ‘I thought that was dead’ project and aspect of the forum. Call me a nercomancer but I really like these kinda things going on so might as well try and keep them alive. Of course I got permission from Chris first to helm this and even got permission to have some say in the categories, but don’t worry they’re mostly the same.

Anyone who’s been here for a fair while should already know what’s up, if not then here’s a brief explination of what this is for. The seasonal picks are an annual board for everyone in the community to have their say on favourite picks for different categories. At the end of the year, all of the picks get compiled and winners are announced for the categories! It’s mostly just for fun though and to let people know what aspects of anime in 2019 you really liked.

Now make sure you copy the template below and make your own post with it. Make sure you place it in spoiler tag as I have done to stop the thread from getting too cluttered. Then return at least after each season to update your post! If you have any questions please feel free to ask, I’ll be happy to help out.

Template:
Spoiler:
Best of Winter:

Best of Spring:

Best of Summer:

Best of Fall:

Best 2019 Anime:

Best Shorts: (15 minutes or less)

Best Anime Films:

Best Animation:

Best Art: (Designs/Style)

Best Opening:

Best Ending:

Worst 2019 Anime:

Best Voice Actor: (List actor and role)

Biggest Disappointment:

Biggest Surprise:

Best Girl:

Best Guy:

Rules:
1. Choose your top 5 or less for each category. If you don't want to vote in a category, that's fine! Just remove that category from your post!
2. Please use the English anime titles to eliminate confusion.
3. A show qualifies for the season it ends in, if you’re confused about any placement just ask and I’ll be happy to answer.
4. OPs and EDs apply to the season that they are used. (Only necessary for shows that span the Fall and Winter seasons)
5. You can discuss other members lists, but don’t be rude of cruel, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
6. The deadline for getting your picks in is January 7th 11:59 PM 2020. This is subject to change depending on when shows from the fall season end.

Please respect the format as presented and the categories used, this whole thing is approved by the brothers. if there are any questions, concerns or suggestions then please feel free to message an admin, one of the brothers, or myself.

Note: You know me, I want discussion to take place and they are welcome, I don’t like the idea of completely removing any conversational posts just to keep clutter down, so maybe I’ll see if there’s something we can do about it. But please feel free to talk about your picks and other picks with people.
Last edited by Eira on Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Re: 2019 Seasonal Picks!

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:07 pm

But nothing was released in 2019 except jojos

Eira
Anime Junky

Eira's 2019 Seasonal Picks!

Postby Eira » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:38 am

Decided to do this, it's still incomplete and even older seasons aren't final, but wanted to start putting it together so I have less to do later. Also to remind people that this exists.

Spoiler:
Best of Winter:
1. Mob Psycho 100 II
2. Kaguya-sama: Love is War
3. Endro~!
4. Sword Art Online: Alicization
5. Radiant
[Radiant sucks, I've just only watched 5 shows from Winter]

Best of Spring:
[I literally watched nothing]

Best of Summer:
1. The Demon Girl Next Door
2. Are You Lost?
3. How heavy are the dumbbells you lift?
4. Mini Yuri
- TBE -

Best of Fall:
1. Chihayafuru 3
- TBE -

Best 2019 Anime:
1. Chihayafuru 3
2. The Demon Girl Next Door
3. Mob Psycho 100 II
4. Are You Lost?
5. How heavy are the dumbbells you lift?

Best Shorts: (15 minutes or less)
1. Are You Lost?
2. Mini Yuri
3. Null Peta
- TBE -

Best Anime Films:
1. Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - II. Lost Butterfly
2. Promare
3. Weathering With You
4. Love Live! Sunshine!! The School Idol Movie: Over the Rainbow
- TBE -

Best Animation:
1. Promare
2. Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - II. Lost Butterfly
3. Chihayafuru 3
4. Mob Psycho 100 II
5. Weathering With You

1. Promare
2. Chihayafuru 3
3. Mob Psycho 100 II
4. The Demon Girl Next Door
5. Endro~!

Best Opening:
1. "Machikado Tangent" by shami mono
2. "Onegai Muscle" by Ai Fairuz & Kaito Ishikawa
3. "COLORFUL" by 99RadioService
4. "RESISTER" by ASCA
5. "Koko wa Doko (ココハドコ)" by Ahomushi

Best Ending:
1. "Macho a Name?" Kaito Ishikawa
2. "Hitomebore" by Band Harassment
3. "Yoimachi Cantare" by Coro Machikado
4. "Ikiru" by Kiyono Yasuno
5. "Sentimental Crisis" by halca

Worst 2019 Anime:
1. Radiant
- TBE -

Best Voice Actor: (List actor and role)
[Will do later]

Biggest Disappointment:
1. Radiant
2. Null Peta
- TBE -

Biggest Surprise:
1. The Demon Girl Next Door
2. Kaguya-Sama: Love is War
3. Promare
4. Sword Art Online: Alicization
- TBE -

Best Girl:
1. Akane Tsunemori
2. Yuuko Yoshida
3. You Watanabe
4. Sakura Matou
5. Mutsu Amatani

Best Guy:
1. Taichi Mashima
2. Naruzou Machio
3. Lio Fotia
4. Shirou Emiya
5. Galo Thymos

Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:20 am

Since I don't watch stuff seasonally, I've always felt that this format isn't really one I can properly contribute to. But then again, I do watch a fair-ish number of new shows shortly after their final episode wraps up. So perhaps I'll try to make my own post this time. It'll probably be a bit on the short side, though.

Also, since I can't for the life of me remember which anime aired when, I'll need to consult a list outlining each season's line-up. As I've never done this before, do you have a recommendation for me here, Eira?
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:03 am

BlueSpark wrote:since I can't for the life of me remember which anime aired when, I'll need to consult a list outlining each season's line-up. As I've never done this before, do you have a recommendation for me here, Eira?

I use MAL for this, here’s a link to there seasonal page for the first season of 2019.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2019/winter
You should easily be able to see that you can click over to the next and previous seasons easily. I like to just open these up and run down them, opening up each show I’ve watched in seperate tabs and then going through them and thinking about if any of them apply to categories and arranging them as I feel.

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:31 am

Alright, let's give this a shot. This is going to be a bit weird for me since the relevant 'date' of a given anime series for me is the dub release, not the time it first aired. Of course, for simuldubs, there's little to no difference, but for one example, I was only able to watch Domestic Girlfriend in September even though it originally aired last winter. Still, I'll stick to your format and pick shows based on the Japanese airing schedule.

Obviously, this is a work in progress. I'll try to add more when I get to it.

Spoiler:
Best of Winter:
1. Domestic Girlfriend
2. The Quintessential Quintuplets
3. The Promised Neverland
4. Hinomaru Sumo
5. Date a Live 3

(note to self: others I've watched: real girl 2, endro, spec-ops asuka, slime, index 3)

Best of Spring:
1. Aggressive Retsuko 2
2. The Helpful Fox Senko-san

Wow, Senko-san was legit the only non-short series I watched from that season. I added Retsuko even though it's technically an ONA.

Best of Summer:
1. Hensuki: Are You Willing to Fall in Love with a Pervert, as Long as She's a Cutie?
2. A Certain Scientific Accelerator

Summer season just wrapped up, so there are still several titles I'm planning to check out (Fruits Basket, Astra Lost in Space, Cop Craft, Dumbbells, Girls in a Dungeon 2). Thus, this is a work in progress.

Best of Fall:

Best 2019 Anime:

Best Shorts:
1. Isekai Quartet
2. How Clumsy You Are, Miss Ueno
3. Ao-chan Can't Study!
4. Mysteria Friends

I didn't enjoy Mysteria Friends much and felt rather lukewarm about Ao-chan. But since I've only seen 4 shorts, they're naturally all in my "top 5".

Best Anime Films:

I didn't know there were 3 new Psycho-Pass movies airing last winter. I guess I wouldn't really catch those news if there's no English dub for them.
I'm going to watch Weathering with You eventually, but I doubt the dubbed home video release will drop before the end of the year.

Best Opening Theme:
1. Domestic Girlfriend OP

Best Ending Theme:

Best Voice Actor:

Biggest Disappointment:
1. A Certain Magical Index 3

Biggest Surprise:
1. Hinomaru Sumo

Best Girl:
1. Milim from That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
2. Origami from Date a Live 3
3. Ayano (AKA Miss Sniffles) from Hensuki: Are You Willing to Fall in Love with a Pervert, as Long as She's a Cutie?
4. Rui from Domestic Girlfriend
5. Mao from Endro~!

Best Guy:
1. Mitsuhashi from Hinomaru Sumo
2. Futaro from The Quintessential Quintuplets
Last edited by BlueSpark on Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:15 pm

BlueSpark wrote:Alright, let's give this a shot. This is going to be a bit weird for me since the relevant 'date' of a given anime series for me is the dub release, not the time it first aired. Of course, for simuldubs, there's little to no difference, but for one example, I was only able to watch Domestic Girlfriend in September even though it originally aired last winter. Still, I'll stick to your format and pick shows based on the Japanese airing schedule.

Yer, I knew it would be weird for you but I’m glad you’re giving it a shot anyway. At the very least it’s perfectly fine for you to use English voice actors in the voice acting segment, everything else should pretty much be the same, just need to keep air dates in mind.