Community Watch Along: Aggressive Retsuko

Current and Classic Animation!

What Anime Should We Watch For The Work Place Anime Watch Along?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:00 pm

Servant x Service / 13 Episodes / Crunchyroll
No votes
New Game! / 12 Epiosdes / Crunchyroll
25%
Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) / 10 Episodes / Netflix
75%

Total votes: 4

Eira
Anime Junky

Community Watch Along: Aggressive Retsuko

Postby Eira » Sun May 26, 2019 5:35 pm

Flying Witch is over and we must now leave the realm of Iyashikei, unfortunate as that may be. And now we gotta do a complete 180 and head on in to some work place anime! Anime that primarily takes place within a company and follows the careers of the main characters and/or antics that insure between them both in and out of work. However, the work place must be the primary focus and location of the series, any work place is valid, so long as it’s actually a place, so nothing with freelance or where most work is carried outside of a singular location.

For the work place community watch along we are going to be watching: Aggressive Retsuko

Rules:
1. One nomination per member, must fit the category.
2. No movies.
3. Consider legal streaming.
4. Usual OS rules still apply, be nice and don't ruin other people’s fun, as well as no hate watching.
5. No one needs to justify their opinion, negative or positive everyone has their own taste.
6. Do not vote for your own nomination.
Last edited by Eira on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:51 am, edited 8 times in total.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Re: Community Watch Along: Work Place Anime [NOMINATION PHASE]

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sun May 26, 2019 6:05 pm

Bakuman, it's about manga creation and is not so subtlety a mockumentary of the mangakas story. It's available on viz and probably others

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Mon May 27, 2019 8:15 am

Well, since my nomination didn't make it for the last round, why not use it again? Especially since it fits much better in this category than in the iyashikei one:

New Game!, 2 seasons with 12 episodes each. Pure sugar filled into the shape of several young women working in video game development. Available on Crunchyroll and Funimation as far as I can tell.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:07 pm

I nominate Servant x Service. It's about a bunch of people who work at a local government building. It's pretty funny and available on Crunchyroll.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/servant-x-service
Move like lightning, sound like thunder.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Whiskeyjack19

Eira
Anime Junky

Re: Community Watch Along: Work Place Anime [VOTING PHASE]

Postby Eira » Tue May 28, 2019 9:19 am

Whiskeyjack19 wrote:I nominate Servant x Service.

Glad to see you contributing again jack.

We got 3 options so I’ve started the poll, looks like frag didn’t want to nominate this time. The vote will last for 3 days.

Fullmetal did say Bakuman was on Viz but I wasn’t able to find proof of this. I’m not saying his wrong but since I couldn’t confirm it and ‘Because moe’ doesn’t have it listed I didn’t put it just in case. But still felt like mentioning it. BlueSpark also said New Game! Is on Funimation, again something I couldn’t confirm, it very well might be but when I can’t see it (although I’m an Australian) and ‘Because Moe’ also doesn’t say it’s there I can only confirm what I know 100% for sure. But keep in mind that Bakuman might be on Viz and New Game! Might be on Funimation.

Because Moe is obviously not flawless and my austrlian location limits what I can see.

Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Tue May 28, 2019 9:32 am

Since the gentlemen's agreement is in effect and Servant x Service doesn't have a dub, there's really only 1 choice for me this time around. Well, spares me the trouble of agonizing over it, I suppose.

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Tue May 28, 2019 2:00 pm

Another no vote for me.

Eira
Anime Junky

Re: Community Watch Along: Bakuman

Postby Eira » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:08 am

And Bakuman is the winner nominated by FullMetal. Continuing his rein, only broken once.

I will not be watching this one, because I can't in Australia so I did vote for something else but it failed. I hope the 2 people who votes for it both watch it cause I won't be able to make daily posts.

Head Director: Kenichi Kasai
Studio: J.C.Staff
Genre: Comedy & Drama
Duration: 25 Episodes

First Episode Viewing Date: 3rd June 2019
Episodes Per Day: 1

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:41 am

My rein was broken by rock paper scissors not a loss. I refuse to Fein loss

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:54 am

I just checked again, and the rock-paper-scissors showdown was only used for Paniponi Dash - Nisekoi won 2-1. So there ;).

So, going to give Bakuman a shot. Just letting you guys know in advance that if I end up being the only person posting and I'm not enjoying the series, I'll drop it.

Edit: Wow... I nabbed some bad info there. ANN lists an English cast for Bakuman, so I figured, you know, the show's available dubbed. Turns out, however, that the dubbing studio only ever released the first 7 episodes, after which it closed down or something.
Sorry guys, but that means I'm out. I did let you know in advance that I wouldn't do non-dubbed animes (except possibly for the very rare case that it's a show I'm super excited about).
Last edited by BlueSpark on Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.