Anime License Saving

Current and Classic Animation!
Star-K
Anime Junky

Re: Anime License Saving

Postby Star-K » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:27 pm

Question
Does anyone know where I can find Black Rock Shooter (purchased or streaming)??

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Star-K wrote:Question

Manga Entertainment UK looks like the only one that has done anything with it. You can get it from Amazon.CO.UK, but keep in mind it's Region 2.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Star-K
Anime Junky

Postby Star-K » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:30 pm

Andrew wrote:
Star-K wrote:Question

Manga Entertainment UK looks like the only one that has done anything with it. You can get it from Amazon.CO.UK, but keep in mind it's Region 2.

Ok, well hopefully someone can license save this title, because I was to watch it again, thanks though.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:45 am

I'm saddened that my attempt to trigger License Saving has not worked lately... I totally thought Sentai Filmworks was teasing an announcement of Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-ray release. Instead it was getting rid of DVDs... sigh.. They put the completion month and year of the series and a Blu-ray case for pete sake!

Adding some more!
Andrew wrote:Katanagatari - This was temporarily held by NISA, sold in extremely expensive packages, before being dropped over a year ago. NISA saves money by keeping amounts produced to a minimum, leading to scalpers hording up stock and reselling $150+ a set. 2 sets total.
A Cheeky Angel - VIZ Media licensed the manga but the show sadly is probably a lost cause and won't ever get touched.
Hare+Guu - Apparently Funimation has the license but no signs of publishing and old releases are horribly priced.
Maison Ikkoku - Been so long since I watched this, and would love to watch it again.
Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-ray - Been too long since the TV series had a release. Makes suggesting it to people impossible.
Anything Satoshi Kon - Millennium Actress, Paranoia Agent, etc - Many licensed but not really distributed, I want Blu-rays of all of these!
Midori Days - Media Blasters had it, but it's well out of print sadly.
Mushi-shi - Funimation holds the first season and only doing a Blu-ray release, Aniplex holds seconds season and doing nothing with it. I want Blu-rays of both!!
Natsume's Book of Friends - NISA did releases of earlier seasons but low quantities and mostly expensive editions.
Shugo Chara - Don't think I've seen anything for this license wise.
Tokyo Mew Mew - Apparently 4kids has it..
Tenchi Series - Funimation has it, but would like a comprehensive Blu-ray release across board, and the recent airings.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694