What anime are you watching?

Current and Classic Animation!
Chris
Site Co-Founder

What anime are you watching?

Postby Chris » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:17 pm

Discuss what anime your watching right now. Why do you like about it? What do you dislike about it?

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby Andrew » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:02 pm

My current watch list for this season is:
Strike the Blood
Mushi-shi
Log Horizon
Pupa
The Pilot's Love Song
Tonari no Seki-kun
Engaged to the Unidentified
Wizard Barristers
World Conquest Zvezda Plot
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Neowned
Otaku #1

Postby Neowned » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:08 pm

Log Horizon - Best new male lead goes to Shiroe
Hunter x Hunter - they are drawing out this battle in current arch
Nesikoi - Have a weakness for Rom-Coms
Witch Craft Works - hopfully the lead grows a pair
Engaged to the Unidetifed - Wolf Spirit Ninjas?
Seitokai Yakuindomo - smiling just thinking about it
D-Fragments - more Rom-Coms ;)
Maken Ki 2 - wait, umm I do not watch, yeah, that sounds good
Noragami - really enjoy the color/design of series so far, plus good story
Tokyo Ravens - for the cheesy special effects
Strike the Blood - will the herem continue to grow?
Hoozuki no Reitetsu - might be droping soon, not as funny as I was expecting
Seki Seifuku Bouryaku no Zvezda- fun story with a loli lead

On hold for lack of time:
Magical Warefare
Space Dandy
Nabunagun
Nabunaga the Fool
Chuunibyou 2
Hamatora
Inari, konkon, koi Iroha - this will be moving into rotation in place of Hoozuki

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:45 am

Welcome to the forums Neowned!

what are you thinking about Hunter x Hunter I'm a little leery about Epics so that is one i have avoided. i broke down and started Fairy Tail. I am kind of enjoying it. kind of silly and strong shonen feel to it. Not to episodic i am planning on doing a full review soon. I hope you look forward to it.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:32 am

Neowned wrote:Inari, konkon, koi Iroha - this will be moving into rotation in place of Hoozuki

Yes! Glad you've picked this up! It's sooooo good!

Looks like you share the same dilemma me and Wolf have. Too much to watch, too little time! :lol: You got some good taste in shows though. Despite my dislike for rom-coms (they always end the way I don't want them to lol)

Thanks for joining the forums by the way!

Neowned
Otaku #1

Postby Neowned » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Fairy Tail is my favorite shonen, it does have some great battle scenes and a fluent story line, of course the time skip (7 years) seemed a little out of place. Most characters have great fleshed out story lines interwoven within each arc. I recently did a marathon run, 2 months, of the whole series after running across it at Funimation. So hope you enjoy the series as much as I did.

Just hope Funimation replaces that awful video player they are currently using, it can make watching a season or 2 unbearable at times. Their Que system needs a total overhaul.

Cruchyroll needs to invest in more servers because it seems like I get buffering issues with the website at peek viewing times. Overall their system could use some tweaks more akin to how on Amazon you can select Play ALL in a season.

Well off to catch up on my Anime, and thanks for the content.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:13 am

Neowned wrote:Just hope Funimation replaces that awful video player they are currently using, it can make watching a season or 2 unbearable at times. Their Que system needs a total overhaul.

Cruchyroll needs to invest in more servers because it seems like I get buffering issues with the website at peek viewing times. Overall their system could use some tweaks more akin to how on Amazon you can select Play ALL in a season.

Well off to catch up on my Anime, and thanks for the content.

Funimation is definitely unbearable most the time and the iOS app is paid to remove the ads even though it's subscription based. With how broken the player is, I'd never think of buying the app. Crunchyroll on the otherhand does pretty darn well in my opinion. Considering they don't have billions to invest in servers like Amazon and Google (youtube) does.

And you're very welcome. Feedback and kind words from our readers make every bit of it worth it :D

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:08 am

i agree they all need a play all feature. and for peats sake i wish they would stop forcing it out of full screen.

but yeah as my brother said they are doing good for the money they have to work with. they are fan based so we should take that into consideration. they went legit something like 6 or 7 years ago and have been fighting on the front line to bring us the most up to date content.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:01 am

A lack of a play-all is most likely a preventative measure. They may not want to allow it for fear of people launching a series to play in the background, thus creating unnecessary load on the servers.

With their limited budget being put into locking in more series, I doubt they'd want to waste it in creating infrastructure necessary to support the vast amounts of people that would leave it running over night or while they are at work.

Just my guess anyhow.

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:58 pm

got 3 episodes into monogatari

have to admit i like the concept and i have been considering watching it for a long time. but man i feel like someone with ocd put the show together. the shots pan for 2 seconds then show the characters feet for a second. then pan accross the eyes for half a second. then randomly they show the characters riding kids bicycles. then it pans to a scenic view.