What anime are you watching?

Current and Classic Animation!
DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby DestroyerGX » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Almost finished with my Key anime rewatch marathon. Finished Kanon, Air, Clannad, Angel Beats!, Little Busters (all including EX), and Charlotte. Just started Planetarian. What can I say, but I'm a Key fan!

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:11 am

DestroyerGX wrote:What can I say, but I'm a Key fan!
Your devotion is most admirable, honored fan. I can only hope to ascend to your level of dedication one day.

As a possible step in that direction, I shall soon watch through Love Chunibyo & Other Delusions! for the 5th time in anticipation of the upcoming movie release. Not going to lie, I don't know if I can play the waiting game for a dub release on that one; I might actually watch it in Japanese once it comes out in January.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:16 pm

Over the past week, I watched both seasons of New Game!. At first, it seemed like an adequate example of cute guirls doing cute things. By the end, I thought it was a rather charming one. Just an extremely feel-good anime all around with plenty of jokes and some touching moments thrown in for good measure. A ton of endearing characters; even the two introduced in the back half of season 2, who came across as rather disagreeable at times, turned out to have interesting motivations and nice development.

My "best girl" award goes to Umiko. She's not the type of character I'd usually pick, but the way the different sides of her personality blended together was brilliantly done in my mind.

Ramza
I Like Anime

Postby Ramza » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:27 pm

I saw Heaven's Feel last night. My opinion is heavily bias as I am a huge Type-Moon fanboy, so take from it what you will.

Overall I enjoyed the movie a lot. I have been waiting for the Heaven's Feel route to be animated and I wasn't dissapointed. The movie was gorgeous, there are so many backgrounds and scenes that i couldn't stop smiling at, they were just beautiful. The action sequences were also well done, there were times that the 3D was obvious but it wasn't enough to distract.

Rin has always been best girl for me(Sorry Andrew :P) but man............... in this movie they really made me rethink that choice, Sabers animation......amazing. Every time she was on screen your eyes are drawn to her, she looks that good.

If you're a fan of the Fate series or VN's then i highly recommend this film. If you haven't seen Fate: Zero or UBW then you probably wont like this film as you will be totally lost. Also another thing to note for people not in the know, this movie is the first part of a Trilogy. It is not a standalone film.

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:29 pm

I finished my Key rewatch. Rewrite is still the weakest Key VN adaptation, but I am liking it still a lot. It had still some heart-wrenching scenes and I like the characters a lot. Planetarian was ok, but the movie was very powerful, though a lot of it is recap from the ONAs! I wholeheartedly recommend it!

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:57 pm

I had watched a good deal of FMA, and then I heard I really should be watching FMA Brotherhood. About 8 episodes in and so far it has ben fairly familiar ground. FMA brotherhood, however, has the single most heartbreaking clip in all of anime in the OP.

Spoiler:
In the OP, we see Eduard, tall, fully grown extending his arms (both of them) Cut to a reverse shot of his smiling, still alive mother Is this a sppiler for a happy ending, or Eduard's vain hope?

Ramza
I Like Anime

Postby Ramza » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:16 pm

After watching a lot of Shoujo anime, I decided to take a break from the genre and recharge my emotional batteries with something a little more lighthearted. Enter, Love Live! Having picked up the mobile game I became interested in learning more about the series so I decided to give the first season a try. To be honest, I had heard a lot of mixed opinions on the Love Live series so I really wasn't expecting to get through this show...........how wrong I was!

Boy, was this show a real surprise for me. I had no experience with idols, or idol anime before so I went in completely dark. The first few episodes were a bit touch and go(I didn't really care for the 3D dancing) but after those introductory episodes I was all in. This show had a lot more heart than I was expecting. The characters were all very tropey and nothing I hadn't seen before, yet I couldn't help but become invested in them. As I came into the final few episodes I was sucker punched right in the feels, this show hit a perfect crescendo that surprised the heck out of me.

tl;dr Went into Love Live! season one not expecting much, but came out out the other side totally shocked at how good it was and craving more µ's!

Thoughts on the µ's characters

Rin - Loved her. She was whacky and always brought a great vibe when she was on screen.
Hanayo - Why did they take her glasses away!!! She would have been my number one otherwise. Cuteness overload.
Maki - I can take her or leave her. Her touching moments were really wonderful but that's about it for her.
Nozomi - I think everyone needs a friend as wise as this. The guiding sage.
Eli - Wow, did this girl do a full 180°. Once she removed that stick I really liked this character. I can see why she's a fan favorite.
Nico - .......................why?............what?.............just leave...........
Kotori - I love the original 3 members as they're the heart of the show but she was my least favorite of them. That hair! WTH.
Umi - Mio clone. Need I say more?
Honoka - I can admit that this girl did some silly stuff but she completely won me over in the end. My favorite member by far. She is super cute and has that naivety all good leading moe characters need. Very similar to Yui but has a charm all of her own.

Time for S2......................... :D

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:24 pm

Finally watched Your Name. To be honest, I liked the first half better than the second. Overall, I thought it was a good film, but I didn't feel as many others did: I thought it was just a bit more than average. The atmosphere and songs and soundtrack were excellent, though. The plot was decent, but as I said, the second half felt a bit flat for me. I rather liked Miyazaki in general better.

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:03 am

Ramza wrote:Enter, Love Live! [...] This show had a lot more heart than I was expecting. [...] As I came into the final few episodes I was sucker punched right in the feels
Dang, I might need to give it a look after all. Like you, I haven't really been interested in idol series. However, with shows like K-On! and New Game! winning me over due to their lovable characters, their antics and struggles, and many heartfelt moments, I probably shouldn't categorically pass on the idol stuff, either.

DestroyerGX wrote:Finally watched Your Name.
I'm going to check out this one very soon. Trying not to get too caught up in the hype (Well, the actual hype has pretty much died down by now, anyway), but I'm looking forward to it all the same.

Companion Kyuubey
Crazy About Anime

Postby Companion Kyuubey » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:04 pm

Ramza wrote:Honoka - I can admit that this girl did some silly stuff but she completely won me over in the end. My favorite member by far. She is super cute and has that naivety all good leading moe characters need. Very similar to Yui but has a charm all of her own.

::thumb::

Honoka forever!!! I thought I was all alone loving her ::alone::
My Anime List /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\My Figure Collection/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Anime Arcade
“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1838