What anime are you watching?

Current and Classic Animation!
Neowned
Otaku #1

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby Neowned » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:05 am

SapphireWolf wrote:got 3 episodes into monogatari

have to admit i like the concept and i have been considering watching it for a long time. but man i feel like someone with ocd put the show together. the shots pan for 2 seconds then show the characters feet for a second. then pan accross the eyes for half a second. then randomly they show the characters riding kids bicycles. then it pans to a scenic view.

Yes it does have those quirks that some will actually break the flow of the show, but I find the banter between characters great and man does it force you to read in some parts at breakneck speeds, my eyes are watering just thinking about it. I believe that is what those "stills" are for to give you a quick break from trying to follow the show and the subtitles.

In the end I find the series captivating and best viewed once the season is complete since each "chapter" is usually 3-6 episodes long. At the very least make it to the "toothbrush scene" in Nisemonotari.
Bakemonogatari>Nisemonogatari>Nekomonogatari>Monogatari Second Season is the series order.

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:53 am

@neowned btw you never answered the question what did you think of hunter x hunter

Neowned
Otaku #1

Postby Neowned » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:02 am

Monogatari is one of those shows that I love but not one you can not show to friends that are new to anime. The dialog is great, it is one of the shows missing from my from my recent collection of Anime shows. Have you watched the previous seasons of Monogatari?

@SapphireWolf
I highly recommend Hunter X Hunter, its one of the anime shows that you can just pick up and watch as the story is being told through Gon, the main protagonist of the series, who is easy to cheer for and nice to see his progression. My Favorite arcs are:
Hunter Exam arc
Heavens arc
Green Island arc

At first when I started watching the Chimera arc I almost dropped the series, as I really was not enjoying the story as much, but kind of glad that I stuck till the end because it has gotten better as the story progressed towards the end.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:26 am

SapphireWolf wrote:got 3 episodes into monogatari

have to admit i like the concept and i have been considering watching it for a long time. but man i feel like someone with ocd put the show together. the shots pan for 2 seconds then show the characters feet for a second. then pan accross the eyes for half a second. then randomly they show the characters riding kids bicycles. then it pans to a scenic view.

The chair! Look at the chair! Eyes.... CHAIR!
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Neowned
Otaku #1

Postby Neowned » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:08 pm

Speaking of love triangles I ran across a pretty good Herem anime that was played out differntly than most. The lead acctually was the "true hero" and was not afraid to get close to the female leads. Hagure Yuusha no Estetica, was the name of the show and if you have yet to check it out I reccomend it just for the fact that he will at points steal the girls bra's and panties. A good mix of Comedy, Action, and Magic.

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:38 pm

i actually looked at Hagure Yuusha no Estetica it had the draw of the afterstory concept. i will definatly continue it at somepoint. unfortunatly it looked super fanservicy. so i am afraid of it going the way of the store clerk hero.

have you checked out strike the blood that had a decent action plot with haremesce elements and it works

Kenpham15
I Like Anime

Postby Kenpham15 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:07 pm

Hey Everyone,

Anime newcomer here. Been watching anime as a hobby for like 9 months. Prior, I've only watched anime like Naruto and Bleach, but in these 9 months, I've really tried to diversify and watch anime on a regular basis.

Watching this Season (Spring 2014):
1. One Week Friends
2. Mushi-Shi Season 2 (also watching season 1 as well)
3. Selector Infected Wixoss (Might drop, but curious about the twist)

Watching:
1. Mushi-Shi (Season 1)
2. Eccentric Family
3. Eden of the East

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:15 pm

welcome Kenpham15 we are very excited to have you join our little family. we hope that you will find yourself right at home. let us know if you need anything.

you seem to be more into artistic anime. or is that mearly coincidence that you have artistic choices in your watch list atm. if so you may enjoy my brothers council more. i would definatly try to chat him up as he tends to go more in that direction.

Kenpham15
I Like Anime

Postby Kenpham15 » Thu May 01, 2014 4:50 pm

Thanks

I tend to watch more "serious" plot driven anime, but I'm open to any genre as long as I enjoy the show. One particular genre I like is the Dystopian works (F.E Psycho Pass or Shin Sekai Yori) or shows that have lots of interesting world building aspects.

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Thu May 01, 2014 11:12 pm

Dystopian (broken government) thats an interesting group

not a common backdrop in anime.

a few off the top of my head

black bullet (current and doing ok so far)
blast of tempest (higher in dialog but was ok)
sunday without a god (interesting world not well told)
evangalion (cant get out of mentioning this)
battle angel (been a long time sence i watched this)
ghost in a shell (same here)
fafnar in the azure
code gauess
wolfs rain
akira (must watch for all otaku)
witch hunter robin (highly suggested)

post apocolyptic (not quite dystopian but people that like dystopian tend to like this genre too)
gargantian in the verduas planet
coppalion (i didnt care for it but you may like it)

my brother watched shangri la. so he could tell you if it fit into dystopian or post apoc. and if its any good. i know its liked but i havent gotten around to watching it.

these are a little debatable but i think they are good and you could make an argument for broken government in them
katanagatari (more silly, great action and art)
Utawarerumono (more fantasy based, great action and art)

im kinda suprised i came up with that many
i hope you enjoy the list let us know what you think and ask if you have any questions