What anime are you watching?

Current and Classic Animation!
Eira
Anime Junky

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby Eira » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:11 pm

BlueSpark wrote:It's weird for me to think how Andrew explained that he liked the recap movies so much better than the series because they were more concise. It doesn't really add up for me: Both movies combined have a runtime of 4 hours, while the 13-episode series is roughly 5 hours. So they couldn't really have cut that much content.

A lot of the cutting of content happens in the first movie, and I understand why they split the two movies up at the point that they do but it makes it really weird and low sided. Here’s the thing, the 2nd movie covers what was done in the show in just 4 episode!
The 2nd movie is 1 hr and 49 mins. Now Madoka Magica runs at 24 mins per episode roughly, but when we’re talking about 4 episode the margin of error is pretty small. So basic math says it all really, the time the “recap” movie covers is only 1 hr and 36 mins. The difference isn’t that large but it’s weird that the movie takes MORE TIME then the episodes did, it literally takes a longer time to watch the second recap movie. The actual quickest way through the series is to watch the 1st movie, last 4 episodes and then the 3rd movie, which is weird.
Just something I felt like bringing up cause I recently listened to thier podcast review of the movies too and found it weird that Andrew said it felt better paced. Also found it weird that he said it wasn’t just cut and past becuase it actually is a majority of cut and pasted. There are some new scenes but the majority of the movie is actually just the exact same thing inserted in.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:19 am

Finally got done rewatching all of Index in preparation for Season 3. Now onto We, without wings to fulfill a promise to get to that one

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:22 am

SethAmaha wrote:Now onto We, without wings to fulfill a promise to get to that one
Get ready for some saucy ecchi action and the most lewd loli you'll ever meet 8-).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:59 am

Nothing suspicious about that sentence ::dread::

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:15 am

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:Nothing suspicious about that sentence ::dread::
Hey, he decided to go down that road, himself (no clue who could've given him the idea... ::whistle::).

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:24 am

BlueSpark wrote:
Hey, he decided to go down that road, himself (no clue who could've given him the idea... ::whistle::).

The double down, bold strategy cotton, let's see how it pays off for 'em.

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:57 am

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:

I for one support the viewing of lewd Lolis. Don’t arrest me.

Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:58 am

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:The double down, bold strategy cotton, let's see how it pays off for 'em.
Now you're making me wonder if I should be worried about the 2D police coming to get me...

Aaanyway, for now, I've finished Shirobako. It was a mighty fun ride. I'm impressed by this anime's ability to throw about 2 dozen characters in your face right off the bat, and after only the first cour, you already have a firm grasp on most of their personalities and their tasks within the company. The comedy was restrained and worked quite well for me. Overall, these characters were so much more relatable than those of a series like New Game!. Which isn't to say I like one better than the other, it's just something I noticed.

The delicate screentime balance for all the different characters was very well handled, too, in my opinion. I believe this was key to my enjoyment of the series and the main reason I never got bored with it, even for a moment.

I did feel progressively more bad for Zuka as the episodes passed by and she was struggling to find work. But that made her role during the final stretch that much more moving (especially since her last line was something like "Now I have a goal to work toward, too") - it was the one scene in Shirobako that got me teary-eyed, too.

If I had to single out the cutest girl, that award would go to Yano, hands down. Her smile may send shivers down some people's spines, but I thought it made her that much more attractive :P. However, best girl overall for me is Aoi (as I predicted after episode 4). She deserves to be fondly remembered as the face of Shirobako forever.

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:30 am

Eira wrote:
Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:

I for one support the viewing of lewd Lolis. Don’t arrest me.

I wish I could, it's disgusting.

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:03 am

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:
Eira wrote: I for one support the viewing of lewd Lolis. Don’t arrest me.
I wish I could, it's disgusting.

I don’t actaully like nude Lolis, I just like the memes, cause lolicon gonna lolicon I guess. I don’t reallt ‘support’ it so much as I’m just nutral on it, to each thier own and all that.
Last edited by Eira on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.