Name A Character Similar to Mine

Everything Else!
Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Re: Name A Character Similar to Mine

Postby Kocurek1944 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:26 am

3 days passed and time to decide has come.It was a difficult choice between two interesting personalities.

But in the end the winner is...drum roll please...Crash Kamio and Akane Minagawa.
Crash Kamio wrote:Akane Minagawa from Scum's Wish

BlueSpark hit pretty close,but this part about Terestina being childish and unstable(I haven't watched Railgun,so my only source of info was Railgun wiki)sealed fate of this encounter.
Both Akane and Kyouko have distinct air of maturity around them and their imposing nature is built via subtle escalation of tension rather than violent outbursts.
But great job both of You!
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kocurek1944
Proud citizen of Principality of Mecha
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:36 pm

Woooo victory. :3 Sorry for the delay. Been hectic over here and haven't had the chance to post. Hopefully I have a good choice that get you guys thinking.

Sayaka Miki from Madoka Magica

She's a girl who's fun, light hearted and enjoys her time with friends. But also underneath her surface is a girl who puts her all into what she does. Sometimes to a damaging degree. She works hard to protect everyone around her, even if it means hurting herself in the process. She's not selfish at all, and puts everyone ahead of herself.

Hard to talk about details without being spoilery. If you've seen the show you probably know what I'm looking for. :D

BlueSpark
Crazy About Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:57 am

Alright, let's get things rolling :). I think I have a pretty good idea of what you're looking for, but I'm actually going to present you with something different ;). Allow me to introduce:
Saya Sasamiya from The Asterisk War

Saya has the same hair color as Sayaka, and a semi-similar short hair style. Also, their names - the parallels are obvious ;). They both have a petite stature and a cute round-ish face.

Saya has an air that seems very laid-back, but when it comes time to battle, she displays a fierceness you wouldn't expect at first glance. Plus she's always willing to help out her friends. Like Sayaka, she also has a rather troubled love life as the boy she's interested in doesn't requite her feelings.

Of course, we can't forget that both characters were voiced by the marvelous Sarah Williams in the English version :).
(Credit for this signature goes to Andrew - you rock!)

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:44 am

Of...Madoka,I really have to rewatch this show.
Whenever I picture Sayaka I just can't stop thinking how much of a Bad Luck Brian she is.Everything bad that can happen happens to her,so for that reason I think good mach here is Daryl Lorenz from Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt.
Cheery boy from loving family swallowed and chewed up by war.As Sayaka he also does everything he can to save those close to him,in fact he agrees for surgical removal of his last limb to save and avange his friends.And of course in both cases story doesn't have a happy end.
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

BlueSpark
Crazy About Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:48 am

Well, since no one else has risen to the challenge for 3 days, we should probably proceed. Only 2 characters to choose from, Kamio (unless someone else swoops in and presents another candidate on short notice), but I hope Kocurek and I made our selections interesting for you ;).

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:44 pm

BlueSpark wrote:Alright, let's get things rolling :). I think I have a pretty good idea of what you're looking for, but I'm actually going to present you with something different ;). Allow me to introduce:
Saya Sasamiya from The Asterisk War

Saya has the same hair color as Sayaka, and a semi-similar short hair style. Also, their names - the parallels are obvious ;). They both have a petite stature and a cute round-ish face.

Saya has an air that seems very laid-back, but when it comes time to battle, she displays a fierceness you wouldn't expect at first glance. Plus she's always willing to help out her friends. Like Sayaka, she also has a rather troubled love life as the boy she's interested in doesn't requite her feelings.

Of course, we can't forget that both characters were voiced by the marvelous Sarah Williams in the English version :).

I agonized over this for awhile cause gao you two gave incredible answers. Wish I could say tie but I gotta give it to you BlueSpark. Everything Koucurek said was just as spot on as you and what i was looking for but you squeaked him out just on very small details that I couldn't ignore. Good job sir!

BlueSpark
Crazy About Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:48 am

Alright, my turn again 8-). I believe this was the first time two suggestions went into completely different directions, so I was very curious who Kamio would settle for.

I'm excited to announce that up next will be a character from another one of my all-time favorite shows. She has fearsome imaginary superpowers, and she's proud of it. No, it's not queen Rikka herself, but rather...
... Sanae Dekomori from Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! (I lovingly call her "Miss Chunibyo, the Second").

Dekomori is a blond-haired (presumably bleached), pigtailed middle schooler who serves as the loyal 'minion' of Rikka Takanashi.
Dekomori suffers from a severe case of 8th-grade syndrome (using her pigtails as weapons), although naturally, deep down she's very much aware that it's nothing more than make-believe.
Interestingly (or even perplexingly), she can be considered a genius, ranking number one in her class and being popular with all of her peers in middle school.
Dekomori can be a little cocky towards 'commoners' who don't (believe they) possess special powers; she's also fiercely protective of Rikka and tries to stop Yuta from getting too close to her.
Dekomori constantly squabbles with Nibutani, who in actuality caused her chunibyo outbreak a couple of years prior. Their constant fighting eventually turns into affection, which, however, both of them are too proud to admit.
(I guess I might've gotten a bit too long-winded here, but it's tough to stop yourself when you're this invested in a show and its characters)

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:37 am

BlueSpark wrote:Sanae Dekomori desu from Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! (I lovingly call her "Miss Chunibyo, the Second").

Dekomori desu is a blond-haired (presumably bleached), pigtailed middle schooler who serves as the loyal 'minion' of Rikka Takanashi.
Dekomori desu suffers from a severe case of 8th-grade syndrome (using her pigtails as weapons), although naturally, deep down she's very much aware that it's nothing more than make-believe.
Interestingly (or even perplexingly), she can be considered a genius, ranking number one in her class and being popular with all of her peers in middle school.
Dekomori desu can be a little cocky towards 'commoners' who don't (believe they) possess special powers; she's also fiercely protective of Rikka and tries to stop Yuta from getting too close to her.
Dekomori desu constantly squabbles with Nibutani, who in actuality caused her chunibyo outbreak a couple of years prior. Their constant fighting eventually turns into affection, which, however, both of them are too proud to admit.

I don't watch many shows with chunibyo so my pick is kind of a blind shot.
Kobato Hasegawa from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
(Haganai: I don't have many friends)

Similarities:
-both are chunibyo,
-both are younger than the rest of the cast,
-both are overly protective of people close to them,
-both have a thing for "rude" behavior,
-both have rivals,
-both have moments when they break character.
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:21 am

Since I'm having a difficult time I'm gonna twist a different type of character into your criteria and ultimately fail. But hopefully it'll provide a chuckle or two.

Dokuro Chan from the absolutely bonkers, and way too hilarious show - Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro Chan

She is loyal to her friend Sakura kun, while she doesn't use her pigtails as weapons she has Excalibog as her weapon. Which she uses to bludgeon the snot out of Sakura kun, then chant the ever so catchy, PI PIRU PIRU PIRU PI PIRU PIIIIIIIII!!!!!! then brings him back to life. (No spoiler, in the synopsis) While not a genius she is popular with all her classmates, and while at face value it may not seem like she's protecting Sakura Kun by bludgeoning him, and distracting him from his homework. She actually is, whether it's from other angels, or a future he unknowingly made for himself. (Watch episode one if you don't know the future he made, it's bonkers)

Star-K
Anime Junky

Postby Star-K » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:15 am

This is a little hard because I don't see many chuunibyou characters, but she does remind me of Yui from
K-on if Yui went through a chuunibyou phase.