Name A Character Similar to Mine

Everything Else!
BlueSpark
Crazy About Anime

Re: Name A Character Similar to Mine

Postby BlueSpark » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:57 am

I was deliberating several unconventional options, but in the end, I opted for an obvious candidate:

Yuu Otosaka from Charlotte

Yuu (while perhaps not striving for quite the noblest of career paths) considers the safety and happiness of his sister his top priority in life. However, after a tragic incident, his world crumbles and he finds himself in a very different, much darker place. In the end, he tries to make amends for his failings in his prior life and ends up helping a lot of people towards a happy end.

Yuu is another protagonist to a Key adaptation anime, he's approximately the same age as Yuzuru, and his name has the same initials.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:02 am

I'm gonna go with Suberoa Zimmerman from Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn.
Safety of his family give him motivation to serve in Zeon military during horrific One Year War...Unfortunately said family was lost and Zimmerman found himself in completly new post war reality.Despite all that and his rough demeanor he does put helping ones he care about as his to priority.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kocurek1944
Proud citizen of Principality of Mecha
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

DestroyerGX
Anime Junky

Postby DestroyerGX » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:38 pm

Both answers were good, but Zimmerman wins. Clinchers were his righteousness to do what was right, especially in a moment of crisis. Unfortunately, Yu wanted to run away from his problems, at a critical moment, and tried to drown out his sorrows with all sorts of pleasures, almost going too far. Thanks for the good answers.

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:59 am

I wasn't expecting that win,but I'm glad non the less.

My choice this time is Yoshio Kobayashi from Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace.
Eccentric high school student highly disinterested in regular people(he perceives them as monocolor silhouettes).What does pick his curiosity are gruesome and violent incidents like for example self-mutilating teacher or horrific murder in his class.That hobby of sorts gets him involved with genius detective Akechi.
To solve some cases Kobayashi has to crossdress,but unlike most male character,he actually likes to do that and feels confident in a dress.
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

BlueSpark
Crazy About Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:05 am

I swear I've seen an anime character with the same 'condition' of not being able to recognize people's faces. But I'm completely blanking on it. So instead, I'm going with a slightly more morbid candidate:

Ryuunosuke Uryuu from Fate/Zero

Ryuunosuke is obsessed with blood and gore. When he meets his chosen partner, Caster, he is offered the opportunity to live out his 'hobby' on a whole other level.

Also, he does exude a bit of a feminine aura ;).

DestroyerGX
Anime Junky

Postby DestroyerGX » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:01 pm

I can't call to mind anyone close, so I'm picking Haruhi Suzumiya

Eccentric high school girl anti-social uninterested in "ordinary" humans. Looking for a more exciting world she has the power to change things more to her liking. The people around her who know her powers have to keep her from being bored or else face grave consequences.

BlueSpark
Crazy About Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:04 am

DestroyerGX wrote:I can't call to mind anyone close, so I'm picking Haruhi Suzumiya
Hah - as soon as I read "Eccentric high school student highly disinterested in regular people," my thoughts immediately jumped to Haruhi, as well ;). I guess she's famous that way.

BlueSpark
Crazy About Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:59 am

Looks like it's time to make a call. No other players in sight, I'm afraid :(.

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:27 am

So this time wins goes to BlueSpark!

Haruhi is definitely an eccentric, but she lacks the intrest in viscera and human suffering.
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

BlueSpark
Crazy About Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:28 pm

On we go, then! Next up is a character who would neatly fit into our current (scheduled) community watch-along:

Kusunoki Kasuga from The World God Only Knows

Kusunoki is the heir to a martial arts dojo. Her steadfast resolve to continually grow stronger stems in part from an inferiority complex of sorts when comparing herself to her accomplished older sister. What she despises above all else is weakness; prove your strength, and she might just start to accept or even admire you.

Behind her strict and disciplined exterior, however, lies a decisively feminine proclivity for cute kitties and dresses - a side of her which Kusunoki tries to hide from other people at all cost.