Name A Character Similar to Mine

Everything Else!
BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Re: Name A Character Similar to Mine

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:19 pm

I'm missing a spark of enlightenment, so this character from one of my all-time favorite series will have to do:

Eri Sawachika from School Rumble.

Eri sports the same archetypical blonde twintails as Saya. In school, she's pretty popular with her peers (save for the enviousness of a number of girls), yet beyond that front lies a high schooler constantly battling her own insecurities. Despite her accomplishedness in most academic subjects as well as sports, she tends to trip up rather hilariously in other areas.

Due to her somewhat isolated upbringing, Eri values her close friends above all. When it comes to her love interest, she frequently gets rather awkward and is prone to fits of common tsundere behavior.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:59 pm

I shall wait two more days. But I guess I've been recently picking very hard characters.

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:59 am

Origami Tobiichi from Date a Live
Top student at her school with a secret second life as AST operator fighting spirits.

Her interactions with main protagonist are filled with social awkwardness and dead pan.
Proud citizen of Principality of Mecha
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:40 pm

A difficult choice, but I have to give the win this time to Kocurek1944, since there was at least a date there between the character and her love interest, whereas Eri's love interest doesn't reciprocate back and also the relationship seemed to be unstable, as far as I know. Thanks for the answers!

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:48 am

I was not expecting that win.

Let's go with Tsubomi Kido from Mekakucity Actors
A mysterious girl who has appeared before main protagonist (Shintarou) in a shopping center.
A girl that plays the role of the leader of the Mekakushi-dan.She's essentially shy, good-natured with case of social awkwardness(which is way she always wears hood over her head).She struggles to keep the individual group members in line.Using her "eye concealing" ability, she can erase the perception towards objects within a certain distance of herself or her surroundings.She is most always seen listening to music through her earphones.
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:42 am

It took me a while to reply. I honestly haven't found a very good match, but here's my suggestion:

Sotaro Kano from Maid-Sama!

I picked Sotaro mainly for his habit of hiding his head under a hood most of the time. Like Tsubomi, he his very socially awkward - at least around girls. Despite starring in a purely realistic series, he also has a quasi-special 'power,' namely hypnosis.

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:05 pm

I am picking this choice "out on a limb".

Hinata Hyuga from Naruto (first season)

A very shy, reserved girl who was slated to be heiress to her ninja clan, she was abandoned by her father because of her traits and struggling under his strict regimen. Hinata usually wears a cream-coloured hooded-jacket with a fire symbol on the upper sleeves and fur around the cuffs and hem. She starts opening up a bit when meeting Naruto for the first time.

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:15 pm

DestroyerGX wrote:I am picking this choice "out on a limb".

Hinata Hyuga from Naruto (first season)

A very shy, reserved girl who was slated to be heiress to her ninja clan, she was abandoned by her father because of her traits and struggling under his strict regimen. Hinata usually wears a cream-coloured hooded-jacket with a fire symbol on the upper sleeves and fur around the cuffs and hem. She starts opening up a bit when meeting Naruto for the first time.

This time Hinata takes the win.
From what I was able to gather about her she really fits Tsubomi.
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:03 pm

Hitomi Kanzaki from Vision of Escaflowne

Hitomi Kanzaki is a 1st year student at her high school, Kamakura-Kita, and is very good in track and field. She has two parents, a younger brother and a grandmother. Her best friend is Yukari Uchida and she has a crush on Amano Susumu, who is also on the track team.

Hitomi always told peoples fortune with her tarot cards but soon afterward she started to have dreams that come true which she then started to call visions. Her powers and abilities are:

The ability to see into the future through visions that come unexpectedly
She can manipulate causality itself using her wishes and emotions
She is able to see into the past and future using tarot cards
She can see the unseen.

Her life changes forever when she meets Van Fanel, the main protagonist, and gets transported into a different world.

Hitomi has a very realistic personality, she's shy, caring, forgiving and also has a temper. She is often afraid but pushes herself to do the right thing. Reserved yet prone to random displays of affection, she is for the most part honest, telling little white lies to benefit herself. She wants the best for others and at times, even herself as she seeks love and friendship. As a member of her school's track team, she is also a capable amateur athlete in long-distance running.

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:33 pm

Aaand my post is gone (accidentally used edit instead of new post). Bummer. Well, I suggested Suzuka Asahina from Suzuka. Hopefully Destroyer has already read what I've had to say about her, as it'd be a bit of a drag to reconstruct the post.
Last edited by BlueSpark on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.