Name A Character Similar to Mine

Everything Else!
BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Re: Name A Character Similar to Mine

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:05 am

For this round, I'm going to snatch the (probably) most obvious character away first, so sorry in advance, everyone :P.

Moriko Morioka from Recovery of an MMO Junkie

Moriko epitomizes social anxiety. Back when she used to work a normal job, she would almost freak out at contact with other people. Even talking over the phone made her a nervous wreck. Eventually, she did find a sort-of friend in her former work liaison Koiwai.

Ever since Moriko quit her job, she's been living the NEET lifestyle to its fullest - gaming hard all day, every day. And yet, there's a desire stirring within her to connect with people in real life, which manifests after meeting Yuta Sakurai (and his online game avatar Lily).
Last edited by BlueSpark on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:54 am

Lisa Mishima from Terror in Resonance

Living alone with her mother, Lisa at school is regularly bullied due to her introverted and quiet nature. This nature makes her keep her problems to herself and resent the outside world. She is also quite clumsy in trying to show she can be helpful.

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:20 am

Another bump for good measure - surely there are some other awkward and anti-social characters out there for you guys to propose :).

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:50 am

Since no new challengers appeared I am going to make my choice.
BlueSpark wrote:Moriko Morioka from Recovery of an MMO Junkie

BlueSpark won this time. Moriko does feel like older Tomoko.

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:48 am

OK, then. Let's proceed and hope for one or two more players (as usual ^^).

Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Brynhildr in the Darkness

Warning: mild spoilers for the series ahead

Kazumi is a witch, i.e. a girl who was forced to undergo cruel experiments for years of her life before she found a chance to escape her tormentors. As a result, she's now dependent on a special kind of 'medicine' to keep herself alive. It comes as no surprise that all of this has taken a heavy toll on Kazumi's mental stability. Nonetheless, she does her best to keep up a strong front in the presence of other people.

Kazumi's witch powers enable her to operate computers with remarkable skill.

Her possibly most defining characteristic, however, is that this girl does not beat around the bush when it comes to her sexual needs. Kazumi is terrified of the idea of dying young (which is a more than realistic scenario given her situation) without having experienced love, both emotionally and physically. As a result, she pursues Ryouta rather aggressively.

Oh yeah, and her not-so-voluptuous bosom is a pretty sore spot for her.

MojaveRena
I Love Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:29 am

Yomi Satsuki from Katana Maidens / Toji no Miko

- She is a type of living experiment and uses a type of 'poison' to keep her alive. (No details, spoilers).
- The said experiments have taken a toll on her emotions.
- Doesn't have witch powers but she does have good combat ability with her katana.

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:13 am

Elpo Ple or Elpeo Puru(depending on the translation) from Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam
-Newtype which is the closest Universal Century has to witches,
-object of unethical experiments,
-escaped her captors,
-due to her newtype "powers" she can operate machinery (mostly mobile suits) with increased efficiency,
-Puru gets very attached to series main protagonist and she doesn't beat around the bush with showing that affection.

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:53 am

Lucia Konohana from Rewrite (visual novel and anime series)

Experimented upon in the earliest years of her life, with scientists preparing her to survive the inevitable destruction of Earth, she watched her fellows, subjects like her (all children), die due to the experimentation. Finally rescued, she unfortunately gained the ability to spread poison (no more spoilers, since it is the meat of her story). The only way she can control this is by taking medicine and putting on gloves, making people around her think that she is a "clean freak." Due to her traumatic experiences, she thinks she's filthy and in public distances herself from anyone and anything, calling them "filthy", to prevent accidents from occurring again and to cover her inferiority complex; still, she yearns to touch any living thing without any repercussions. A superhuman, she's particularly efficient with the katana, vibrating it like a chainsaw and cutting through any opposition, making her feared among her enemies.

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:24 am

Since I haven't watched any of the shows your characters are from, it should be an even playing field. I did read up a bit on their respective Wikis. 3 candidates with different strong points to each of them: Yomi has a matching hairstyle if you ignore the black parts, plus being emotionally stunted due to experimentation and requiring a certain substance to stay alive. Elpeo was also subjected to experimentation, managed to make a break for it, and is rather pushy and jealous when it comes to the target of her affection.

However, I'll give this round to DestroyerGX's Lucia. She was 'modified' to surpass humanity and, like Kazumi, witnessed a lot of her peers die. She needs medicine, too (not to prevent her own death, but that of those around her). The mention of an inferiority complex is also a great fit. But what tipped the scales for me is her tendency to lash out (sometimes violently) when other people embarass her.

Sorry for the unnecessarily long explanation :P. Lead on, Destroyer!

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:17 pm

Now for one of the top anime icons of the late 90s.

Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop

A very talented bounty hunter who teamed up with Jet Black, a former cop. He was formerly a mobster enforcer who fell afoul of the Syndicate due to wanting to elope with a woman he fell in love with. His personality is very carefree, due to the fact he believes all of his life is a dream he cannot wake up from. He is a master of Jeet Kune Do, being very passionate of Bruce Lee and his philosophies. He has an artificial right eye, due to losing it in an incident. He also claims to hate women with attitude, kids, and dogs but as the series progresses, you see he goes to the opposite.