lady
death god powers.
might be a bad idea to mess with her love interest

;-p

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Re: Name A Character Similar to Mine

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:20 am

Heya, great to see you join in, Chris :). Two new players back to back. Alright, here's my choice for this round:

Kobato Haswegawa from Haganai: I Don't Have Many Friends

- twin tails (well, sort of)
- different color eyes
- sports gothic lolita garments
- is a great villain with supernatural powers, too... at least in her mind
- has a rather memorable evil laugh
- is rather infatuated with the show's protagonist
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:52 am

Since thread was silent for few days I going to assume that everyone posted their candidate and pick a winner.
This time victory goes to:
Eira wrote:Misa Amane (Death Note)

Goth with quite a death toll.

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:38 am

Kocurek1944 wrote:Since thread was silent for few days I going to assume that everyone posted their candidate and pick a winner.
Just to clarify: The way I intended it to work was for the judge to make their decision as soon as the 3rd character has been posted. Other players can still jump in to suggest additional characters, but only if they're quick enough to post before the judge does. This is to keep the game moving at a steady pace and not drag every round out for a whole week.

Of course, I'm always open to discussion about adjusting the rules if you guys feel it's necessary.

On with Eira, then!

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:07 am

Alright, wow, my first time entering and I won. I guess I was waiting for the perfect match. For me let’s go with a male and one of my favourite male characters.

Akaya Kirihara: A 2nd year student at Rikkai dai from Prince of Tennis. A crazy strong player with dreams of being the best, his play style is just normal good tennis unless he starts losing and is put under enourmous stress, in which case he becomes devilish with blood shot eyes and plays a style that puts the most stress possible upon the opponents body with the hope being that the opponent breaks a bone or does some other damage preventin them from being able to win. Not too much to say except that when he’s not in hid devil stats he’s actually really nice and just a normal kid.

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:41 am

Alright, maybe not quite a perfect match (please note the sports pun), but I've got a candidate. I started rewatching Destiny of the Shrine Maiden the other day, and wouldn't you believe it, the first episode features the following character:

Soma Ogami

Soma is a handsome schoolboy whose looks belie his special talents. He's extremely apt at sports, including tennis. In fact, Soma is so popular that his peers consider him the prince of the school. He's typically well-mannered and friendly, but underneath that exterior lies a savage side: When his supernatural powers awaken, he loses control and starts fighting, even against people he likes.

Bonus point: While not bloodshot, his eyes do turn red when Soma enters his vicious mode: Image

Disclaimer: I didn't actually go through with the rewatch, so part of my description is based on character descriptions found online as well as conjecture. I hope I didn't get anything wrong.

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:13 am

Giving this thread a gentle bump to see if someone else might have an idea.

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:42 am

Okay, so it’s way past the time limit, I guess no one else has anything, so here you go, you get it. It was a really good match anyway.

BlueSpark wrote: Soma Ogami

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:43 am

It's a bit of a shame to start a new round after I was the sole contestant, and I didn't really plan for the game to work like this (The way it was intended, a round could only be concluded after at least 2 players had posted a candidate). But I suppose there's a chance people just had a tough time with your character. So I'll proceed to keep things fresh.
By the way, I have one very unorthodox character in mind. But I don't think that one would be a good choice with the current lack of active players. So I'll go for someone a bit more conventional:

Sayako Kuwahara from Bamboo Blade

I called her character "conventional," but really, Sayako is quite the eccentric. A high schooler and member (well, after some convincing) of Muroe High School's kendo club, Sayako is quite passionate about whichever new hobby she discovers for herself. Usually, she tends to get bored or even frustrated with it after a while, sinks into a phase of depression, then finds a new hobby. Rinse and repeat.

Sayako also has a penchant for the melodramatic. Overall, one could say she's not the most emotionally stable person. Still, she eventually comes around to permanently attending the kendo team with her friends.

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:42 pm

BlueSpark wrote: I didn't really plan for the game to work like this (The way it was intended, a round could only be concluded after at least 2 players had posted a candidate). But I suppose there's a chance people just had a tough time with your character. So I'll proceed to keep things fresh.

Yer, sorry about that, but it had been a large number of days so I was worried that at this point everyone who could of posted would of seen it by now and not had a match.

Now as for my match I do have one, this might be completely off base, but since I haven’t seen the show I only able to go for the description you gave her and based on how you described her It reminded me of someone.

Best basketball boy Kise Ryouta from Kuroko no Basket.

He too is constantly changing hobbies and clubs like how you said she does. He fully invests himself in something, gets so good that it becomes boring and so he leaves and starts something else. And he wasn’t until basketball when he found people who beat him and eventually friends who pushed themselves to be in his level that he was able to stick with the sport and really give his all to it and actually stick with something for once.

Maybe it’s completly off base but it’s all I could think of.