Name A Character Similar to Mine

Everything Else!
Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Re: Name A Character Similar to Mine

Postby Crash Kamio » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:07 am

BlueSpark wrote:
Crash Kamio wrote:Gonna try my best with this cause this game seems fun. This is going based off of looks, what little I know about the show and that he writes. I haven't seen much of Saekano outside of episode 0 and 1 so this may be a miss.
Sorry Kamio, that's not quite how the game was intended :P. We're still looking for a 3rd suggestion of a character similar to Keima Katsuragi (my initial mention). Once we get that 3rd candidate (alongside Takebayashi and Aki), I'll pick one of the three and declare them the winner. Whoever suggested the winning character then gets to pose the next challenge (i.e. pick the next character A).

So, can you think of anyone who shares any traits with Keima?

Ohh I misunderstood, sorry! Think I get it now. I'll think on it and edit my post later!

Edit: post edited hopefully I did better.

BlueSpark
Super Otaku

Re: Name Someone Similar to My Character

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:17 am

thegenkiguy wrote:Kōtarō Takebayashi from Assassination Classroom, because he thinks 2D waifus are superior to 3D ones. (If you've watched the Koro-Q spinoff, this is revealed xP)

And because he has glasses, I suppose ^^'
Without having seen either Assassination Classroom or Saekano, I read up on both Kotaro and Tomoya on their respective Wikis. I'll have to give the win to Kotaro - his quote about 3D vs. 2D girls was simply too spot-on :P.

Nice suggestions all around, though - and great job for thinking outside the box, Crash :). Konata definitely shares some hardcore otakuness with Keima and doesn't shy away from galges. I hope we'll see a lot of creative suggestions like yours on this thread - they make the game more fun :D.

So, with this said, it's now genkiguy's turn to present us with the next character... *drumroll*...
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

BlueSpark
Super Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:01 am

Well, it's kind of a shame, but since genkiguy hasn't gotten back yet, I'd like to give someone else the chance to continue the game instead of having it indefinitely stalled. I also edited the opening post with a new 'rule' to continue with another candidate after 3 days of waiting.

Crash Kamio wrote:Konata Izumi
Lucky Star
With that said, I'll give the 'second place' win to Crash Kamio and his pick, Konata. It was a pretty inventive choice, and it definitely works in my book. She might be somewhat different from Keima personality-wise, but since I haven't seen Saekano, I can't speak for Tomoya in this regard.

So, whenever you're ready, shoot us a new character, Crash :)!

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:29 pm

Hope Genkiguy comes back soon! Think I remember him saying he's been very busy lately. But alas, I'll give it a go.

Well it wouldn't be me if my first charecter pick for this game wasnt my favorite character ever. As obvious as going with this may be.

Mio Akiyama
K-On!

Mio is very shy, a bassist, vocalist, lyricist and songwriter for After School Tea Time. Even though she's shy and can suffer from some stage fright she loves playing music, composing bass lines, is passionate about playing and everything music. Whether it's sitting in her room writing while listening to music, or taking a train out of town to try to get inspiration she takes what she does seriously. Also a very good student, can be emotional but is incredibly sweet and friendly to everyone.

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:19 pm

Crash Kamio wrote:Hope Genkiguy comes back soon! Think I remember him saying he's been very busy lately. But alas, I'll give it a go.

Well it wouldn't be me if my first charecter pick for this game wasnt my favorite character ever. As obvious as going with this may be.

Mio Akiyama
K-On!

Mio is very shy, a bassist, vocalist, lyricist and songwriter for After School Tea Time. Even though she's shy and can suffer from some stage fright she loves playing music, composing bass lines, is passionate about playing and everything music. Whether it's sitting in her room writing while listening to music, or taking a train out of town to try to get inspiration she takes what she does seriously. Also a very good student, can be emotional but is incredibly sweet and friendly to everyone.

Subaru from Robotics;Notes is similar to Mio in being very shy, and very good at what he does.If there is a difference it is that Subaru's shyness can come off as being aloof, but deep down, he is a softie
They are both dark-haired cuties.

BlueSpark
Super Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:25 am

I would've liked to go with a 'scarety cat'-type character, but annoyingly, I couldn't think of one. With that out of the question, I've got two others I'd like to propose for different reasons. But alas, I have to pick one.

I nominate Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
She is also a very timid girl (even more so than Mio) with long(ish), flowing hair, and she gets embarassed often and easily by Haruhi's antics - a dynamic similar to that between Mio and Ritsu (and sometimes Sawako -> cosplay outfits, anyone?).

Shiori from The World God Only Knows would've been my second choice for being extremely shy and passionate about her hobby (books), but I think Mikuru's the more interesting candidate :D.

BlueSpark
Super Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:09 am

Shamelessly bumping this thread in hopes of attracting some new participants :).

Star-K
Anime Junky

Postby Star-K » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:50 pm

Nominations D
I will choose Rea Sanka from Sankarea.
Reasons: If my remember right, she is a mature girl, calm and collective, and shy at times, also she has long black hair.
i just realized that Rea Sanka is Sankarea backwards.

BlueSpark
Super Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:11 am

Star-K wrote:i just realized that Rea Sanka is Sankarea backwards.
Heh, I did notice that when I watched the series, but it took me a while to figure out, too ;).

So, that's 3 candidates - time for Kamio to choose the character most similar to
Crash Kamio wrote:Mio Akiyama

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:09 pm

Star-K wrote:Nominations D
I will choose Rea Sanka from Sankarea.
Reasons: If my remember right, she is a mature girl, calm and collective, and shy at times, also she has long black hair.
i just realized that Rea Sanka is Sankarea backwards.

You guys got me thinking about this for awhile, I really loved all the entries and it was extremely difficult to choose! But this one stood out to me. Based off the description, and her picture she gives off a total Mio vibe. So I'd say Star K, you win this round. :3