Name A Character Similar to Mine

Everything Else!
Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Re: Name A Character Similar to Mine

Postby Kocurek1944 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:48 am

Viktor Nikiforov from Yaoi on ICE...ups...a typo...I meant Yuri on ICE.
Cool, kind, laid back and very supportive friend and mentor(just like Itsuki introduced Kyon to Haruhi case Viktor though Yuri about confidence)of main protagonist(with homosexual undertones).

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:49 am

I suppose it's time to crown the victor - and I'll have to capitalize on that wordplay by giving the point to Kocurek's suggestion.

Don't think I didn't notice you changing your candidate, Destroyer :P. And it's a shame, too - I was going to give this round to Tomoya's dad simply because his outward demeanor and appearance are such a great fit for Koizumi. Seta just doesn't quite pull if off for me (although I haven't seen either series you guys drew your choices from, so I might not have the most accurate impression).

Please lead us on, Kocurek. I'm still hoping that we'll find someone else to join us and round out the playerbase one of these days...
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:55 pm

My choice is Hajime Ichinose from Gatchaman Crowds and Gatchaman Crowds Insight.
In dictionary photo of Hajime is right next to the word eccentric.She is an unusual high school student with peculiar manner of speaking and passion for scissors.Ichinose has her own way of living and fixing problems(sometimes at her own expense)prioritizing making world a better place.

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:55 pm

Elpeo Ple from ZZ Gundam

A young Newtype, who is quite a bit eccentric, always wanting to be with a certain character and playing with him, although she could be serious if the situation calls for it. She gets extremely jealous of other girls around him. She has a very eccentric habit of repeating her name, while running around, as well!

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:53 am

As soon as I read "eccentric" and "passion for scissors," I knew there could only be one suitable option for me to decide on:

Mikoto Urabe from Mysterious Girlfriend X

Mikoto has some very odd ways of thinking about things and defies social conventions when it comes to her behavior - so much so that it's a nigh-impossible task for her boyfriend to figure her out. She's dead set on finding her own way of experiencing the world (and love/sexuality in particular) without being shackled to other people's standards.

Also, she permanently carries around a pair of scissors tucked into her panties. And she's not afraid to use them, either.

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:14 am

DestroyerGX wrote:Elpeo Ple from ZZ Gundam

A young Newtype, who is quite a bit eccentric, always wanting to be with a certain character and playing with him, although she could be serious if the situation calls for it. She gets extremely jealous of other girls around him. She has a very eccentric habit of repeating her name, while running around, as well!

Win goes to Puru!
While scissors were compelling argument I just can't ignore eccentric girl with peculiar manner of speaking being part of secret initiative meant for combat.

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:12 pm

All right, then.

I'm quite a bit of a Legend of the Galactic Heroes fan, so here's Yang Wenli.

A genius tactician who never wanted to be in the army, he wanted to be a historian. But due to unfortunate circumstances, including having little money, he was forced to enroll in military school to study history. More unfortunate circumstances made him stay in the army. He has no ambitions, only wanting to retire with a pension and a fervent supporter of democracy.

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:46 am

OK, let's try one from an anime I watched a long time ago:

Akito Tenkawa from Martian Successor Nadesico

Akito also had an unfortunate change in his career plans due to... circumstances. What he wants to become is a chef, and in a sense, he gets to do so on the spaceship Nadesico. However, he also becomes tangled up in an interstellar conflict and subsequently has to engage in mecha battles (which he does not enjoy).

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:00 am

BlueSpark wrote:OK, let's try one from an anime I watched a long time ago:

Akito Tenkawa from Martian Successor Nadesico

Akito also had an unfortunate change in his career plans due to... circumstances. What he wants to become is a chef, and in a sense, he gets to do so on the spaceship Nadesico. However, he also becomes tangled up in an interstellar conflict and subsequently has to engage in mecha battles (which he does not enjoy).

You watched Nadesico?This is actually a suprise.

I'm going to be the odd one out and propose someone from newer show.
Youji Itami from Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri
Maybe not a tactical genius but definitely man that know his way around a gun with a knack for diplomatically fixing issues.Itami was also resistant towards idea of joining an army sice he's a man of no ambition that uses his job as means to support his hobby.Unfortunately for him circumstances forced him to join the ranks.

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:20 pm

Both choices are so good, it was very hard for me to decide. But the slight edge goes to Akito, since he found someone to be with for the rest of his life, whereas Itami found someone, but not really loving that person, although still caring for her. So win goes to Bluespark. Very excellent choices, indeed.