Big Announcements, Please Read!

Everything Else!
Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Big Announcements, Please Read!

Postby Andrew » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:32 am

Sorry for the late reply all. I've been reading them over the last couple days, just trying to set time aside to really respond to them.

Crash Kamio wrote: :3

Thanks for your understanding and support CK. People like yourself are a big reason why we enjoy our community so much and the positivity makes visiting and getting feedback great. It is a shame that some may leave, but based on the feedback here and elsewhere, I know it was a right choice.

Weisschen wrote: ::hi::

That was essentially why we were moving to "nip it in the bud" so to speak. It was something rampant in certain threads and it was growing as a trend. Mostly the hate watching. But the reason for doing so is exactly as you say. There are places for that, this isn't the place for that.

Thanks for the kind words on us and our podcast. You'd be surprised that the community shapes us more than you know. People made Otaku Spirit what it is because we tried something different and people responded insanely well to it. Sadly, often the silent positive just wants to love something and don't bother mixing in with loud negative. It's just not worth it because you often find yourself brought down.

Your opinion matters a lot, and it's very comforting to hear. Thanks for speaking up!

ATM-senpai wrote: ::happy::

Haha, don't get Chris started on talking about the effect of internet caused anonymity. We've found ourselves in lengthy talks about the condition. But thanks for your feedback. You're definitely right that, even if it's not the element of anonymous status, people often either forget social filters or don't realize the effect of their words. Add to that the element of many people here being of different native tongues. So I hope people have patience and respect for each other even if you're thinking someone is being negative. We're taking case by case basis for everything.

For sure! Back to moe glomps and titan stomps!

TrES-2b wrote: ::peace::

No worries at all. And we're not out to get anyone who some may believe caused this change. We're looking to the future and hope everyone will enjoy hanging out again. If anything, you're case is exactly what I meant by people dropping away because of the negativity and that the change will bring us back more than (unfortunately) may leave.

As to your final point, I think the problem may be because of what type of hardcores you run into. Not so much to dive into definitions but more the state of mind. I believe their are social groups around watching stuff together that often find enjoyment and entertainment out of discussing and hearing reactions more so than the shows themselves. They enjoy the community, not so much the medium. So if you can find "hardcores" who just LOVE anime, you'll find they often care about what you think, but don't hate you for thinking different. They want to know what made you laugh or groan and why so they can see how differently a show impacted you. I speak with several of our listeners on other social medias and they often don't agree at all with my reviews, but they still are some of my favorite people to talk about anime with.

But I may be speaking out of line there, just my opinion on your issue.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:16 pm

I'd like to clear up some talk about post deletion. In all cases in our log, post deletion was strictly for people requesting who had double posted. There are two other cases in recent history. First was a fight that broke out in the Kimi ni Todoke thread which added nothing to the conversation but to derail it (and the two in the fight knew full well I removed it). The second was some posts questioning why the Castlevania thread was moved. Granted people were not notified when the question posts about the move was removed, it was assumed it wouldn't effect anything as it was already moved back.

No one is being silenced, no one is being attacked. So now everyone knows, this isn't a need for concern.

If there was other cases besides this, it's not in our log and would have to be a hack or bug. Please let me know if that's the case. Because it's not us.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:38 am

I've already copied most of the guidelines to the Seasonal Discussion forums, but I'll be merging this thread to the guidelines post soon. Thanks everyone for their support and I'm glad to see the amount of daily posts have been increasing. Welcome back lurkers! :)