Podcast Catch Up Blog

Everything Else!
Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Re: Podcast Catch Up Blog

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:52 am

Chris wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Eira wrote:I don’t wanna be rude but the majority of this thread is more like a blog then a discussion fourm, so for you to then also take posts away from another thread and instead just add it into your “blog” goes against the whole point of the open letter.
If I'm allowed to add my 2 cents: Fullmetal-senpai's open letter outlines his beliefs and wishes for the forum. Whether the rest of us follow those is up to the individual. At least until Andrew or Chris chime in and say otherwise, since they're the masters of the house.

I’m sorry we kinda did put out our decision on this. So I’ll clarify it a bit I hope. In the process of trying to keep our toxicity out of our community we alienated our core community due to a misunderstanding. And the forum died. As I stated before I want you all to self govern yourselves. I want everyone to be nice to one another and forget that I even am the “master of the house” as you say. You the community are the owners. If the community thrives or dies is up to you. It is only what you make of it. all I can do is provide a place to be.

Again to me it is the most simple rule in the world be nice and welcoming.

I just want to be a member of that community. I don’t want to be a mod nor does Andrew it makes us the bad guys something that really sucks.

Good response is good. Ostracising people probably won't help growth. Hearts and minds.

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:11 am

Chris wrote:I don’t want to be a mod nor does Andrew it makes us the bad guys something that really sucks.
I hope my post didn't make it sound like that to you, because that couldn't be further from the truth. The way I see it is that well-meaning admins who use their power in moderation are in a position to make forum life better for everyone (except trolls and uncivil people, who aren't welcome anyway). But if you guys decide you don't want to be seen as 'power holders' in any capacity, I can respect that, as well. The average age among Otaku Spirit's members is pretty high (by internet standards), so we can assume everyone's mature enough to conduct themselves properly (or something close enough to that, anyway). There shouldn't be much of a problem in 'leaving it to us'.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:08 pm

Ultimately, if i would normally put my thoughts on a show on the actual thread but if I feel it is too personal like this one, I feel it more appropriate to do it here. After All, do you think it is appropriate to talk about your own personal issue in a normal anime thread? I think not. The show hit me on a deep and personal level and on this thread I can not only talk about it, but I can give my own personal background as to why it did that. These two things are not separate in my opinion, they are very closely tied to one another and if you believe that they should be separate than I don't think you understand my point of view at all. If you feel otherwise, please read both posts and ten come back to me and tell me if you still feel that way, I might change something up. I am not closed to change, but you have to come to me in a respectful and informed way,

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:20 pm

Most recent episode heard: The Fanserviced Conundrum (2/11/2017)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew (on Chris): "Ithink he is Tsundere to gore"
-Finally! Someone else sees it

Andrew: It will take pron to make VR work
-I honestly can't disagree. I have a VR headset and I've only used it for a like one game and OTHER stuff

Well look at this way guys, Anime Strike is now dead. I wouldn't have mind if Amazon made their own anime sentric zone and change me 10 bucks for it. Hell, they could have changed 15 I would still have taken their subscription even if it was higher than Crunchyroll with far less content out of the sheer hope to support the industry more but for them to have made the subscription an add on to the prime membership was very misguided because not only is it that not everyone had a prime account because it was either too expensive for them or because they don't use it enough to justify it, but they also forgot to take into account the fact that the largest portion of viewers for this genre of entertainment is quite young. Most are under 40 in the west and many of them can't afford the regular $100 prime membership without taking a huge loss. It may not be that much of a problem for those of us who do use Amazon so much that we can easily justify the prime membership and add an extra $5 to it for anime, but they way they did it was just dumb. They can try again in the scenario I just outlined if it help getting more shows streamed, but they have to realize that they already made that move poisonous with Anime Strike.
Last edited by SethAmaha on Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:33 pm

SethAmaha wrote:Ultimately, if i would normally put my thoughts on a show on the actual thread but if I feel it is too personal like this one, I feel it more appropriate to do it here. After All, do you think it is appropriate to talk about your own personal issue in a normal anime thread? I think not.

Please remember to speak for yourself and only yourself in the future, you know what they say about assumptions. I think it’s appropriate and fine to talk about a personal issue with a show here, everyone is shaped by personal things after all.

Plus everything is a personal opnion in consuming media, this isn’t similar to what you said but just for example even if you think a show looks ‘beautiful’ there are some people who might dislike the style and think otherwise. Again let me restate, if you want to post it in here, that’s fine, I was just telling you that you misunderstood the open letter.

SethAmaha wrote:The show hit me on a deep and personal level and on this thread I can not only talk about it, but I can give my own personal background as to why it did that. These two things are not separate in my opinion, they are very closely tied to one another and if you believe that they should be separate than I don't think you understand my point of view at all.

You can talk about that stuff on the other thread too, I don’t think they’re seperate at all. (Again, remember what they say about assumptions) I think you could of explained yourself just fine and in the same way over there, and once again I’ll contiue to repeat myself becuase I want you to really understand what I’m saying it’s fine, I was just letting you know that it would of been fine to post it in the appropriate area too, this is the podcast catch up blog, we have a place to talk about shows that are airing and I doubt anyone would tell you that your opnion in invalid cause it’s perosnally linked, personal experiences shape everyone’s view on shows they consume and your view is just as valid and would of made for more conversation on the show, which is something I’m sure they people who like talking about the show would want.

SethAmaha wrote:If you feel otherwise, please read both posts and then come back to me and tell me if you still feel that way, I might change something up. I am not closed to change, but you have to come to me in a respectful and informed way.

I hope you better understand my point of view now. Like I said I’m really fine with you posting it here I just think the other area is just as if not more valid of a place. Sorry for all the repeating I just wanted to be crystal clear.

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:52 pm

Eira wrote:
SethAmaha wrote:Ultimately, if i would normally put my thoughts on a show on the actual thread but if I feel it is too personal like this one, I feel it more appropriate to do it here. After All, do you think it is appropriate to talk about your own personal issue in a normal anime thread? I think not.

**edit for brevity see above for full discussion **

I think it’s appropriate and fine to talk about a personal issue with a show. In the one room thread I talk about why I liked the show for very specific and personal reasons,

** edit**
SethAmaha wrote:The show hit me on a deep and personal level and on this thread I can not only talk about it, but I can give my own personal background as to why it did that.

seth i do want to point something out that i kind of think is missed in this little misunderstanding and i believe should be noticed. you opened up to something very raw. everyone respects your opening up. and it seems people want to enshrine your input in a thread that is honestly most relevant to your analysis. its hard to see these little things when discussions are a little thrown back and fourth. but things like this to me speak volumes and i hope everyone noticed it. this is why i hope this community can find its place.

i belive we have a foundation for a very strong community if we can find our place. i have said this to almost everyone of you at some point. i consider all of you my friends. bickering matches or not i would give you a hug if you didnt find it akward. everyone of you brings something special to the community and you deserve your place.

make this community in to your place. the more you invest into it the greater it will become. take yourself away and there will forever be a void that cannot be filled by any other person.

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:53 pm

Chris wrote:i belive we have a foundation for a very strong community if we can find our place. i have said this to almost everyone of you at some point. i consider all of you my friends. bickering matches or not i would give you a hug if you didnt find it akward. everyone of you brings something special to the community and you deserve your place.

I'll hug you soooooo gooooooodddd

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:48 am

So after going out for dinner and having a drink, I like to just chill and listen to some music. Because I'm already incredinlbly absorbed into Vocaloid, I'll share some of what I like including this song GGB by Otomania (who composed the famous Levan polka) featuring galaco
phpBB [video]

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SDMC-107D
I'll make this into another regular part of this thread just to spread my VocalLove

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:35 am

SethAmaha wrote:by Otomania (who composed the famous Levan polka)

Maybe he composed the first or a specific vocaloid version of the song but the song has actually been around since the early 1930’s however I belive the most commonly used version and the version used in leekspin was from 1995.

Sources:
Wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ievan_Polkka
YouTube video, music and video used are different but it’s the same song being sung in both
phpBB [video]

It does sound different at the start but the part everyone knows come in later in the song, the part everyone knows start at about 1:30.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:51 am

Eira wrote:
SethAmaha wrote:by Otomania (who composed the famous Levan polka)

Maybe he composed the first or a specific vocaloid version of the song but the song has actually been around since the early 1930’s however I belive the most commonly used version and the version used in leekspin was from 1995.

Yes, It was a cover for it...kinda of anyways. The lyrics are complete gibberish; they are not even a translation of the original. What is most important about the Otomania song is that it is the one song that is considered to have officially kicked off the Vocaloid train. Before it, Vocaloid was very unknown. The first one, Meiko, barely made even and the second, Kaito, was considered a failure during it's initial launch. The third, Miku, wasn't that much popular either until this song made her famous practically overnight and started the craze we know today.