Coffee snobs in the house?

Everything Else!
SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Re: Coffee snobs in the house?

Postby SethAmaha » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:23 am

I guess I'm the only normal person n this thread. I have good old home brewed coffee off my automatic coffee machine using good old pre grounded coffee.

MojaveRena
I Love Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:01 am

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:I never expected an Italian to be a tea drinker, mostly because of the stereotypes. Moka is personally one of the only "perculator styles" that I'm a fan of. Arabica beans are all about freshness iyam and the last "tiny cup"coffee I had was Cuban coffee, it was good.

Jamacian roast, or at least that's what they call it where I get it is medium roasted with jamacian rum and the flavor comes forward for it ::happy::

Technically, I'm British so I get my tea-drinking from there. I just live in Italy. 8-)

Now that sounds tempting! Would you get a similar flavour if you add some Jamaican rum into the coffee? Or does it have to be added during the roasting to qualify as Jamaican Roast?

I'll have another look in my local supermarket for some more types of coffee, I remember seeing Colombian coffee for sale once..

Have you heard about Saint Helena coffee? They say it's the most expensive coffee you can buy per gram.
£60.00 for 100g...

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:59 am

All this sophisticated talk about coffee, I just go with instant. ::peace::

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:27 am

PlatinaHeart wrote:All this sophisticated talk about coffee, I just go with instant. ::peace::
*drags Platina away just in time to dodge the incoming coffee cups, shoes and tomatoes*
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:40 am

PlatinaHeart wrote:All this sophisticated talk about coffee, I just go with instant. ::peace::

You ain't the only one. My favorite is Folgers Instant Coffee.

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:19 am

MojaveRena wrote:
Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:I never expected an Italian to be a tea drinker, mostly because of the stereotypes. Moka is personally one of the only "perculator styles" that I'm a fan of. Arabica beans are all about freshness iyam and the last "tiny cup"coffee I had was Cuban coffee, it was good.

Jamacian roast, or at least that's what they call it where I get it is medium roasted with jamacian rum and the flavor comes forward for it ::happy::

Technically, I'm British so I get my tea-drinking from there. I just live in Italy. 8-)

Now that sounds tempting! Would you get a similar flavour if you add some Jamaican rum into the coffee? Or does it have to be added during the roasting to qualify as Jamaican Roast?

I'll have another look in my local supermarket for some more types of coffee, I remember seeing Colombian coffee for sale once..

Have you heard about Saint Helena coffee? They say it's the most expensive coffee you can buy per gram.
£60.00 for 100g...

I've heard of saint Helena's coffee, but I've never had it. Probably due to the price.

I doubt adding rum to the coffee would give a similar flavor, but rum at 6am would definitely make my day better so I say go for it.

BlueSpark wrote:*drags Platina away just in time to dodge the incoming coffee cups, shoes and tomatoes*
SethAmaha wrote:You ain't the only one. My favorite is Folgers Instant Coffee.

They say you can understand a lot about a person by the coffee they drink. And this says scores.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:24 am

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:
SethAmaha wrote:You ain't the only one. My favorite is Folgers Instant Coffee.

They say you can understand a lot about a person by the coffee they drink. And this says scores.[/quote]
I'm afraid to ask, but I already stuck my foot in so I may as well ask. What does it say about me?

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:25 am

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:They say you can understand a lot about a person by the coffee they drink. And this says scores.

I'm afraid to ask, but I already stuck my foot in so I may as well ask. What does it say about me?[/quote]

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:35 am

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:They say you can understand a lot about a person by the coffee they drink. And this says scores.
So, what assessment does "none" earn me? Guess I don't have a soul.

Better judge me by the milk I drink. It's semi-skimmed, 1,5% fat, pasteurized. Refridgerated and served in a plastic cup since ceramic ones are liable to break.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:55 am

BlueSpark wrote:
So, what assessment does "none" earn me? Guess I don't have a soul.

Better judge me by the milk I drink. It's semi-skimmed, 1,5% fat, pasteurized. Refridgerated and served in a plastic cup since ceramic ones are liable to break.
SethAmaha wrote:

I'm afraid to ask, but I already stuck my foot in so I may as well ask. What does it say about me?
[/quote]
Guys, this is low level sarcasm...