JackTWD4th
Crazy About Anime

Crunchyroll introduces HTML5 player

Postby JackTWD4th » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:43 pm

fragoff
Anime Junky

Re: Crunchyroll introduces HTML5 player

Postby fragoff » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:38 pm

You better get into it. Flash will die soon.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

SeismicWolf
Otaku

Postby SeismicWolf » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 pm

Wait...Did we have an option to opt into it?

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:53 am

I used it, it works, and it eliminates a few small problems people had with the old player. However I don’t use the Crunchyroll website much, usually when I watch anime it’s from the various websites as apps on my iPad, it’s rare for me to use my computer. Because of this the apps player is actually better then the old websites player so I didn’t have many problems with it anyway.

But yer, the HTML 5 player is fine and works much better then old one, no issues I could see from the 4 episodes I watched using it.

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:06 am

Update: so just by random chance I was using the website again and I noticed another thing that’s really good about the HTML5 player. With the old Crunchyroll player you had to pick and guess what resolution you wanted and auto wasn’t an option, so f you had bad internet some of the time you had to pick a lower resolution but have it the whole episode. Now it’s dynamic and will get better when it can and lower the resolution if it needs to, with playing the video without stopping being it’s main priority. I actually really like this and the app has been doing it for a long time, it’s way better if I get a random ping spike or the internet goes bad for a sec for the video to jsut have a slight dip for just a moment rather then stopping to buffer.

Companion Kyuubey
Crazy About Anime

Postby Companion Kyuubey » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:27 am

It flat out didn't even work on my computer. I just got a black box. Thankfully a friend showed me a chrome extension so it works fine. Still no idea why it didn't work at all for me though ::shrug::
My Anime List /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\My Figure Collection/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Anime Arcade
“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1838

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:03 am

Companion Kyuubey wrote:It flat out didn't even work on my computer. I just got a black box. Thankfully a friend showed me a chrome extension so it works fine. Still no idea why it didn't work at all for me though ::shrug::

The magic of incompatibility because the programing industry lacks common standards.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

JackTWD4th
Crazy About Anime

Postby JackTWD4th » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:19 pm

Well slowly but surely Crunchyroll leaps into the future, like tossing someone into a pool kicking and screaming.

SeismicWolf
Otaku

Postby SeismicWolf » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:37 pm

I am just mad that its hard to Screenshot with the new Player without the Border showing up....