What Music Do You Listen To?

Everything Else!
Logan
Super NEET IV

What Music Do You Listen To?

Postby Logan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:20 pm

What kind of music do you guys listen to that isn't anime related? What are your favorite bands? :)

I am a HUGE Twenty One Pilots fan and they just announced a new album coming out on May 19th!

Here's their new single:
phpBB [video]

Ellie
Forum Tsundere

Re: What Music Do You Listen To?

Postby Ellie » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:33 pm

Woah woah woah. You like Twenty One Pilots? I love them. I've only ever met one person who knows their music. You have just moved up the ranks in my book, sir Logan.

Personally, I'll listen to anything. Literally anything. 90's rap, country, whatever. Literally anything. My favourite genre that I stick to the most is definitely indie. My favourite bands are Twenty One Pilots, Two Door Cinema Club.
Last edited by Ellie on Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:44 pm

Ellie wrote:Woah woah woah. You like Twenty One Pilots? I love them. I've only ever met one person who knows their music. You have just moved up the ranks in my book, sir Logan.

Personally, I'll listen to anything. Literally anything. 90's rap, country, whatever. Literally an. y. thing. My favourite genre that I stick to the most is definitely indie. My favourite bands are Twenty One Pilots, Two Door Cinema Club.

Twenty One Pilots is my favorite band! I've seen them live twice! and I never see anyone live!

I'll have to check out Two Door Cinema Club :)

Some of my other favorites are John Mayer, Relient K, Zedd/Avici/Dash Berlin, and Taylor Swift :D

Ellie
Forum Tsundere

Postby Ellie » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:47 pm

loganlsr wrote:I'll have to check out Two Door Cinema Club :)
Some of my other favorites are John Mayer, Relient K, Zedd/Avici/Dash Berlin, and Taylor Swift :D

Do it! You will certainly not regret it. How can anyone not enjoy a good T-Swift jam? You've got good taste, sir. Some of my other faves are Tiger Weather, Kodaline, The 1975, Vance Joy, Marina and the Diamonds and Daughter.

Loli-Knight
Personal Knight of The Tsundere Queen

Postby Loli-Knight » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:21 pm

Admittedly, the only non-japanese music I remotely care to listen to is the sound tracks from video games and european instrumental stuff (because it generally sounds like boss-theme music). I actually find that understanding all of the lyrics ruins music for me (though this is mostly an issue with american music and its generally less than positive messages). Western game music is great though, like the OSTs from the Elder Scrolls series, or Demon's/Dark souls.

Though I have zero issues with western music existing as it does. The actual music and meaning in the lyrics generally just doesn't jive with me as a person nanoyasa.
Within The Holy Loli Empire's heart, atop the twintailed throne She sits.
Before you The Tsundere Queen towers, peon.
And you. Will. Kneel.

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:21 pm

Ellie wrote:Two Door Cinema Club.

Gave them a listen and I really like them! They remind me of some band, but I can't remember who! :lol:

GamerColyn117
Anime Junky

Postby GamerColyn117 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:50 pm

I am glad someone finally decided to post this, as I was thinking about it for some time. As I said before in another thread, I have been studying music for 14 years. I am classically trained in playing cello, upright bass, and piano. I played all through high school and into college.

Naturally I really enjoy listening to orchestral music from movies, video games, and anime. Outside of the classical genre I really enjoy jazz and big band music, as I play in a small jazz group in the city where I live (its kind of like Kids on the Slope!)

I really like all kinds of rock music as well. Some of my favorite bands are Pink Floyd, Gorillaz, Metallica, Apocalyptica (heavy metal cellists), DragonForce, and This Will Destroy You.

In the "other" genre I love listening to Starbomb and Ninja Sex Party. They have some really funny music.

Oh and Vocaloids are one of my specialties.
Final Broadcast: August 31, 2015

Stay gold...Bang.

Tori
Super NEET II

Postby Tori » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:02 pm

I listen to most anything, but I tend to not really like country. I don't have any favorite bands at the moment, but one band I never get tired of is Opeth
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

Imagehttp://myanimelist.net/animelist/ToriXtra

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:07 pm

Twenty One Pilots released another single from their upcoming album last week and it's been stuck in my head since. So I thought I would share :D

phpBB [video]

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:36 am

Right about the time of Your Lie in April, I had started listening to more turn-of-the last century French Composers like Faure' Debussy, Ravel, Poulenc, so that show really grabbed my attention, even if it featured mostly Chopin. Pandora is set to shuffle The Clash, (and other punk and pot-punk) Gorillaz, Bell X1, Burt Bacharach, João Gilberto,and a couple dozen others, but I need to switch it up a bit. And I have a soft spot for bloated, overproduced 70s prog-rock :)