What Music Do You Listen To?

Everything Else!
BrOtaku
Crazy About Anime

Re: What Music Do You Listen To?

Postby BrOtaku » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:28 pm

My music taste varies somewhat, due mostly to my upbringing.. I was raised in a house with 2 uncles, my dad, and my grandparents (typical Mexican-American household) and everyone listened to something different. I listen to 80's/90's country music my dad listened to. One uncle had the NES when I was a kid and in his room I listened to 90's west coast gangster rap (NWA, Deathrow, etc), then my other uncle got the SNES and I migrated to his room for some heavy metal (Slayer, Iron Maiden, Metallica, etc), and my grandparents both liked oldies (Richie Vallens, Mel Carter, Frankie Valli).

During my high school years I developed a love for punk and listened to more metal that would thankfully drown out the hip hop of the time. I stuck to this repertoire until I discovered that I could purchase anime ost and video game music. The past few years I've been getting more vocoloid tracks and just now getting into some j-pop bands. My most recent "band on repeat" is BabyMetal! I'm really digging their sound but that might just be the metal head in me. Some of those riffs sound awfully familiar though.

MadGunner
Senpai

Postby MadGunner » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:26 pm

loganlsr wrote:I am a HUGE Twenty One Pilots fan

Ellie wrote:Twenty One Pilots? I love them..

So I was getting tired of my music this last monday so I thought that I would look into the band I had read that you two liked so I launched my spotify app and listened to their top 10 most played songs and long story short: "I love this music!"

This was a fresh breath of air in my stagnant music library. Thanks for the recommendation guys :D

Ellie
Forum Tsundere

Postby Ellie » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:31 pm

MadGunner wrote:Long story short: "I love this music!" Thanks for the recommendation guys :D

Yaaaaay~ You're welcome! I'm glad you like them. They're definitely underrated in my opinion, so I love getting people into their music. :D

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:49 pm

MadGunner wrote:So I was getting tired of my music this last monday so I thought that I would look into the band I had read that you two liked so I launched my spotify app and listened to their top 10 most played songs and long story short: "I love this music!"

This was a fresh breath of air in my stagnant music library. Thanks for the recommendation guys :D

You are most welcome! I rarely ever see anyone in concert, but I've seen them twice when they've come to town. They are so good and I can't wait for their new album in may!!

What are your favorite songs btw?!

MadGunner
Senpai

Postby MadGunner » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:17 am

loganlsr wrote:
What are your favorite songs btw?!

"Tear in my Heart" and "Fairly local" where the ones I liked the most initially but since then I think "Ode to sleep" and "Guns for hands" have become my favorites ^^

justaguy1253
Crazy About Anime

Postby justaguy1253 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Of course vocaloid music
Rock
Electronic
Some metal
Alot of classical
J-pop
And a little bit of everything as pong as it isnt a big western song (ex. Anaconda,Wiggle,etc)

My waifu collection is
Rikka-Love Chunibyo and other delusions
Asuna-Sword Art Online
Sinon-Sword Art Online
Inaba-Chan-Kokoro Connect

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:41 pm

Bell X1
phpBB [video]

HOMEBOUND11
Crazy About Anime

Postby HOMEBOUND11 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:01 am

I've been a fan of many different genres, but recently with college essays warranting it, I have been listening to more Hip-Hop; primarily the artist E-Dubble. Love his songs and they feel really genuine and always good to listen to. His Freestyle Friday series is amazing.

phpBB [video]
Hi

MadGunner
Senpai

Postby MadGunner » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:44 pm

I've been listening to this all day. This is some good stuff ^^

https://player.spotify.com/album/4TQyTokknRMto3WhTdodZK

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:02 pm

MadGunner wrote:"Tear in my Heart" and "Fairly local" where the ones I liked the most initially but since then I think "Ode to sleep" and "Guns for hands" have become my favorites ^^

All good choices! My favorites are probably "Car Radio" and "Trees". Trees was their encore song for their last tour and it is incredible live! Here's a video:

phpBB [video]