What Music Do You Listen To?

Everything Else!
Sierraシエラ
I Love Anime

Re: What Music Do You Listen To?

Postby Sierraシエラ » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:50 am

BlueSpark wrote:I already necro'd a pertinent forum thread today, so you might want to post there, but what type of music are you into? Unless I'm blanking completely, we only talked about my preference of rap so far.
Also, has your becoming absorbed in the anime sphere affected your musical taste in any way?

I actually listen to a lot of show tunes (rent, wizard of oz, glee, etc). My favorite artist is Josh Groban but the past month I have been listening to a lot of global alternative, Amazon prime music has a playlist called "control alt repeat" that is perfect for me. The only anime(ish) song I have downloaded on my phone is the series ending to "my little lover."

I liked Eminem when I was in early high school but I feel like my tastes have changed a lot since then. His older music has a nostalgic element that lets me enjoy listening to it occasionally, but his new songs don't really do anything for me.

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:02 pm

Sierraシエラ wrote:I liked Eminem when I was in early high school but I feel like my tastes have changed a lot since then. His older music has a nostalgic element that lets me enjoy listening to it occasionally, but his new songs don't really do anything for me.
I get that. There are a couple of artists who are like that for me, although I don't feel it's so much my taste which has changed rather than their style has developed in a different direction over time. The nostalgia factor keeps me going back to a select few of their old songs every now and then, but that's about it.

By the way, I don't think I ever mentioned on this forum that I actually like Groove Coverage. They're a German techno/trance band (with exclusively English lyrics) who - as their name implies - made their start by covering a variety songs from other genres (notably Mike Oldfield's "Moonlight Shadow"). Across everything they've put out, I think the majority of their songs are in fact originals, though.
I usually don't care for this musical genre in the slightest, but somehow, I took an interest in them when I was younger and later decided to check out their albums. Still listen to them from time to time; I like that their music is melodic rather than extremely bass-focused, as techno and related genres have a tendency to be. I haven't heard anything new from the band in years, though; for all I know, they might be long disbanded.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Eira
I Bleed Anime

Postby Eira » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:35 pm

Sierraシエラ wrote:I actually listen to a lot of show tunes (rent, wizard of oz, glee, etc). My favorite artist is Josh Groban but the past month I have been listening to a lot of global alternative, Amazon prime music has a playlist called "control alt repeat" that is perfect for me. The only anime(ish) song I have downloaded on my phone is the series ending to "my little lover."

oh my, it's been a long time since I was into show tunes but I use to listen to them a fair bit in middle school, not really my thing anymore.

I guess I should also just state my music tastes for everyone. I don't listen to much english music, the only english artists I like are Owl City, Amalee, and Adriana Figueroa. Adriana's voice gives me life, she's amazingly talented and I pretty much love anything as long as she's singing it. Amalee is similar in that I just really love her voice, however she's a bit more limited and sometimes I do feel like a songs style and tempo just don't work for her voice but for the most part she knows how to pick things that work for her. Owl City I just really like the background music, adam young isn't a bad singed by any means but I'm mainly there for the music itself since that's where he really shines, there's also something comforting about how similar all Owl City music is, my friends often site it as a complaint about his work but I personally like it.

As for non English music, I listen to a lot of Japanese, obviously. Poppy Japanese is mainly what I tend to spend most of my time listening to but I'll have a handful of songs from any genre as long as they're good. My taste in Japanese music is pretty wide and tbh there's too many artists I enjoy for me to list them all but I love me some Yurika Kubo, ClariS, and Nao Touyama just to name a few off the top of my head. And obviously I'm a big fan of all three love live groups.

I'm actually going to go see a screening of Love Live Fest in a cinemas here in Australia in febuary which I'm very excited for. For those who don't know Love Live Fest was a 2 day concert with all 3 love live groups included Muse. Never thought i'd see new muse performances in 2020, makes me happy.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

Sierraシエラ
I Love Anime

Postby Sierraシエラ » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:16 am

Eira wrote: Owl City I just really like the background music, adam young isn't a bad singer by any means but I'm mainly there for the music itself since that's where he really shines, there's also something comforting about how similar all Owl City music is, my friends often cite it as a complaint about his work but I personally like it.

I would agree with you. I like how similar owl city's songs are from one another, the consistency is comforting. (Although owl city is one of my ex-boyfriends' favorite bands and kinda nauseating/irritating to listen to because of that)

Eira
I Bleed Anime

Postby Eira » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:14 pm

Sierraシエラ wrote:
Eira wrote:there's also something comforting about how similar all Owl City music is, my friends often cite it as a complaint about his work but I personally like it.

I would agree with you. I like how similar owl city's songs are from one another, the consistency is comforting. (Although owl city is one of my ex-boyfriends' favorite bands and kinda nauseating/irritating to listen to because of that)

gao, a shame that it's tainted by that for you now. I understand that feeling as it happens to me with a few things, although none of them are music.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560