Everything Else!
Companion Kyuubey
Crazy About Anime

Re: What Music Do You Listen To?

Postby Companion Kyuubey » Sun May 22, 2016 12:19 am

fullmetal_snorlax wrote:
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

That's a really cool sound. I'll have to look into more of his stuff.

It kind of reminds me of Jean Baudin. He uses these crazy looking custom made 9, 10, and 11 string bass guitars.

phpBB [video]
My Anime List /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\My Figure Collection/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Anime Arcade
“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1838

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sun May 22, 2016 12:40 am

Companion Kyuubey wrote:
fullmetal_snorlax wrote:
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

Spoiler:
That's a really cool sound. I'll have to look into more of his stuff.

It kind of reminds me of Jean Baudin. He uses these crazy looking custom made 9, 10, and 11 string bass guitars.

phpBB [video]

Yea I've never really found a channel quite like Rob's. He's really diverse in technique.

Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

Tori
Super NEET II

Postby Tori » Sun May 28, 2017 9:54 am

I'm glad to see that sometimes Youtube's recommended feature works.
phpBB [video]

I didn't even know that MWAM did a cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit, nor did I know that I wanted this, but I'm glad I found it.
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

Imagehttp://myanimelist.net/animelist/ToriXtra

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Sun May 28, 2017 5:41 pm

Giant clown with the voice of an angel.
phpBB [video]

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Mon May 29, 2017 5:19 am

Cool to see this thread got revived - else I probably would have never found it.

My musical preference - or should I say passion? - lies with hip hop, specifically battle and gangsta rap. A fast-paced rap track gets me pumped like nothing else.

Eminem brought me into it, back when I was around 15 years old and not listening to any music on a regular basis. His single "Without Me" inspired me for a reason that seems a bit silly now that I've grown up: I was impressed by the sheer amount of words that comprised a single rap songtext (compared to other music genres). That, and the music video was pretty flashy. So, on a whim, I decided to learn the lyrics. And I did, despite not understanding half of them since my English skills were comparatively limited at the time :P. I quickly transitioned into rapping along whenever I heard the song. That's how my love for hip hop was born.

Nowadays, I'm still a loyal fan who devours anything Eminem puts out. But apart from that, I mainly listen to German rap artists. The somewhat rough sound of my own mother tongue fits my taste in rap music better than the smooth flow of English. Of course, some stuff like the insane chopper tracks by Tech N9ne and his hand-picked rappers is a welcome exception to the rule :). Also, I still love to memorize the lyrics to the songs I like and practice rapping along myself.

Funnily enough, I'm rather hesitant to share my taste in music with people I meet in person. From what I understand, hip hop is much more mainstream and more widely accepted in the US. On the flipside, over here in Germany, anything that even remotely approaches the direction of battle or gangsta rap is generally frowned upon, at least in my social circles. I don't really have anyone among my friends who listens to the same things that I do, which is a bit sad since there's so much I'd be interested in discussing with fellow fans... But then again, the same goes for the kinds of animes I frequently watch (Luckily, there's Otaku Spirit to help me out in regard to the latter :] ).

However, I can appreciate music of nearly any genre - it just depends on whether it clicks with me or not. I suppose that's how it works for a lot of people. I do have a bit of a soft spot for classical music (particularly piano tracks), but apart from that, rap is the only thing I listen to on a regular basis.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Star-K
Anime Junky

Postby Star-K » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:40 am

Recently I've been getting into Blink 182, there new album is pretty good and I love their hit songs.
Also Volbeat, some personal favorites in there.
Besides that, the Wowoka album from Mike is pretty good.
A lot of anime OP's and ED's.
Sayuri released her new album on itunes so I've been picking and choosing some favorites from there.
And besides all that, I just listen to what ever sounds good.

MyBalls
I Love Anime

Postby MyBalls » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:07 am

Neko wrote:Giant clown with the voice of an angel.
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

Wow this missed my radar by a ligthyear... thank you for sharing.

...an angel... yes a big hairy angel for sure :D ... epic voice confirmed.
Last edited by MyBalls on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

MyBalls
I Love Anime

Postby MyBalls » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:14 am

BlueSpark wrote:...My musical preference - or should I say passion? - lies with hip hop, specifically battle and gangsta rap. A fast-paced rap track gets me pumped like nothing else....

nothing beats gangsta rap VS kawaii lolis ... fell pumped already

phpBB [video]

MyBalls
I Love Anime

Postby MyBalls » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:43 am

For a long time I only preferred
Classic Rock, like
-Queen
-Pink Floyd
-Led Zeppelin

or Classic Metal, like
-Iron Maiden
-Black Sabbath

Strangely enough watching many AMV´s, my music taste got much wider recently.

I discovered Electro Swing
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

and others
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

And to be honest, I like the change and are much more open now to different music genres. So I was happy to find this Topic, and just dive in in new music.
Last edited by MyBalls on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:41 pm

Not sure why I never stumbled into this thread before. Music is a huge passion of mine, been listening since in was little, been playing it for 12 plus years.

I listen to a wide range of stuff, anything from the Beatles and Fleetwood Mac, to contemporary jazz like the Rippingtons, to progressive rock/metal like jethro tull, Yes, Rush, Opeth, Devin Townsend and Tool, to some thrash metal like Annihilator, Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica ect. To the most brutal death metal. My favorite band is Nightwish, their music resonates with me like no other band. While Nightwish is my favorite band, my heart and soul lays with death metal. Bands like Cryptopsy, Strapping Young Lad, Vital Remains, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, Spawn of Possession, Gorguts, At the Gates, As Blood Runs Black and Despised Icon are among my stand out favorites. I could gush on and on but I'll leave it with a list of my top 10 favorite albums, no repeated bands. :D

1. Dark Passion Play by Nightwish
2. Once Was Not by Cryptopsy
3. The Stage by Avenged Sevenfold
4. Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? By Megadeth
5. A Passion Play by Jethro Tull
6. All For You by Annihilator
7. Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King by Dave Matthew's Band
8. Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume 1: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness by Coheed and Cambria
9. Dechristinize by Vital Remains
10. Caress of Steel by Rush