A Guide To Using The Forum

Everything Else!
Logan
Super NEET IV

A Guide To Using The Forum

Postby Logan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:23 pm

Hey there! With the influx of new members on the forums, I thought that It would be a good idea to post how to use the forums effectively and proper etiquette when posting. :)

First we have a breakdown of all the Sub-Forums:

So on the Index Page you have all the Sub-Forums listed:

Anime Discussion - Discussion about anything anime related. From news to cute anime pictures you'll find it all in there

Season Discussion - This is where we post all the discussions we have for shows that currently airing and that have aired in the past.

Manga Discussion - Talk about anything and everything manga related here. What are you currently reading? Have any recommendations? This is the place to talk about that stuff.

Memorabilia - This is where wallets go to die. Post all your anime related purchases here and talk about things that you hope to get in the future! Have a question about anime related merchandise? Post in the Ask Loli-Knight thread and our honorable Loli-Knight will do his best to find you what you are looking for!

General Discussion - Anything not necessarily anime related can be posted here! From posting what you're eating to what music you're listening to, this is the place to have talk about life and every day things!

Gaming Chat - Playing any fun games that you want others to know about? Looking for a fun game to check out? This is the place to look for anything and everything gaming. If you hear some cool gaming news, let everyone know on here!

Animecast Discussion - This is where Andrew posts all the podcasts as well as where the Animecast Questions thread is. So if you have a question that you want the guys to read on the podcast, post it here!

Creativity Corner - Into cosplay? Do you draw? Found some awesome art or made some delicious food that you want to share with everyone? This is the place for you! A one stop shop for everything creative!

Introduce Yourself - You know all about this thread already, but check out everyone else's intorduction threads! We have some fun stories about how we got into anime on there!

Next lets talk about how to post on the Forums:

There are two ways to post:

1. With the "Quick Reply" box at the bottom of a page.

2. With the "Full Editor".

Quick reply is pretty self explanatory. You write a message in the box and hit submit.

To access the "Full Editor", you scroll down to where you find the "Quick Reply" box and there will be a button that says "Full Editor and Preview". Press this. This will take you to an editor that looks like this:

There are all sorts of handy features that this editor provides. The ones most often used are the Image, Spoiler and Video buttons.

To post an image or video, all you need to do is press the button and some text will appear in the text box. You then insert the link to the image or video that you want to post into that text. Ex:

[img]InsertLinkHere[/img]

[video]InsertLinkHere[/video]

And don't be afraid of that "Spoiler" button. If you are posting something that someone may consider a spoiler, then it's always better to throw it under a Spoiler Tag:

Spoiler:
People will thank you :)

The next handy feature that I want to mention is the "Quote" feature. It's a great way to reply to someone in context.

You can find the "Quote" button in the top right corner of someone's post:

(You like my crummy Photoshop Circle ;) )

The quote tool is awesome for keeping a conversation organized and it will send the person you quote a notification, making it easy for them to reply back to you.

Avatars and Signatures are a great way to show what shows you like and makes it easier for forum members to see who has posted.

To change both your avatar and signature, go to the User Control Panel, which can be located by clicking on your name in the top right corner of the site. From there click on the "Profile" tab and on the menu on the left you will see links for "Edit Avatar" and "Edit Signature".

Avatars can be as big as 130 pixels x 130 pixels. You can easily resize images to fit that pixel count using programs like MS Paint and Photoshop.

Signatures can be up to 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.

Please keep all images used for Avatars and Signatures family friendly.

Next I want to talk about Forum Etiquette when it comes to posting.

As stated in the Forum Rules thread in the General Discussion Sub Forum:
Do not excessively re-post on the same thread with multiple postings in a row. Try to edit your previous posts instead.

Posting multiple times in a row can make a Thread look messy. If there was something that you forgot to add to what you previously posted, you can easily add that to your previous post with the "Edit Post" button:

Using this will save room in a thread, making it look cleaner and easier to follow.

Please no "Hi-jacking" of threads either. Conversations are great, but don't completely derail a thread. If you want to casually converse, Private Messages are a great way to do that. Just go to the profile of the person you want to talk to and click on the Private Message link.

I hope that this will help you traverse your way around the forums!

*When posting, please make it legible. Little quirks and adding personality to a post is fine, but improper grammar and sentence structure makes it hard for everyone to read what you have to say, causing frustration. So please use proper grammar! :D*

Remember, this is a family friendly place to come and talk about anime and other fun things, so please keep your posts as free of bad language as possible and if you do post any images or videos that could be offensive, use that spoiler tag and label it NSFW :)

Be respectful of other's opinions, as well! We area all different people with different tastes. Just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean they are wrong :)

Have fun on here and I look forward to chatting with you all!
Last edited by Logan on Sat May 23, 2015 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Re: A Guide To Using The Forum

Postby Chris » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:19 am

Ty Logan this is awsome I appreciate the hard work you put into this

One of us will sticky it soon

GamerColyn117
Anime Junky

Postby GamerColyn117 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:22 am

Logan I thank you for posting this. There has been a massive surge in new members around here and this is the perfect way to help them learn the ways of using a forum.
Final Broadcast: August 31, 2015

Stay gold...Bang.

Ellie
Forum Tsundere

Postby Ellie » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:24 am

This was a really good idea, Logan! With all the new members it's nice for them to get a quick rundown of the forums. Thanks for putting so much work into this. We all appreciate it :)

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:25 am

Again, good work!

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:01 pm

Chris wrote:Ty Logan this is awsome I appreciate the hard work you put into this

One of us will sticky it soon

Thank you sir! It was my pleasure :D Loli-Knight was gracious enough to sticky it for us, so we are good to go there!

Neko wrote:Snipu

Ellie wrote:Tsun~

GamerColyn117 wrote:Poii

Thanks guys! I noticed a lot of people asking questions, so I thought it would hopefully help everyone out :D

GamerColyn117
Anime Junky

Postby GamerColyn117 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:06 pm

loganlsr wrote:
GamerColyn117 wrote:Poii

Poi!
Final Broadcast: August 31, 2015

Stay gold...Bang.

AstDeprived
Anime Junky

Postby AstDeprived » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:20 pm

Spoiler:
so this is how i do the spoiler tag
ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh
well snape kills dumbldore

so whats the rank system?
How does one do the rank

TBomTom
I Like Anime

Postby TBomTom » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:54 pm

The ranking is based off of how many posts you have done. I have less than 100, so I have "I Like Anime" while you have over 100 so yours is "I Love Anime". I am not sure how many ranks there are, Logan has over 1000 which is "I Bleed Anime". Other than that, there are some unique ones for certain members assigned by Chris or Andrew like Loli-Knight's, Ellies, MadGunner's, etc.

AstDeprived
Anime Junky

Postby AstDeprived » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:29 pm

how did maxcuteyes end of with loli assassin