Suggestions and Feedback

Everything Else!
User avatar
Baka_Ichigo
I Love Anime
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:37 am
Location: Right behind you....Made you look...www

Re: Suggestions and Feedback

Postby Baka_Ichigo » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:36 am

SemiBolt wrote:Not sure if its possible or if many people know about it but on another forum I visited years ago had something called a Rep System and it was really fun.
From what I remember, Rep was like a combination of liking a post and currency.

For example, I could start a SemiSignature or SemiAvatar shop and say I'll make anyone a avatar for +5 rep.
Or if someone does a posts you really like you can give them any amount of Rep to show you agree or just really like their post.
Also whenever you got rep it would say in your profile "SemiBolt gave Chris 10+ rep for *insert post*"
Other information I found about this,

"Reputation should be given to people who post meaningful, helpful, and thoughtful posts. Any post that contributes to the thread in a positive way probably deserves positive reputation. This does not mean that you agree with what was said; the point brought up may be completely opposite to what you believe, but it may be a good point nonetheless, and worthy of a pat on the back. Giving positive reputation to someone because they are your friend and deserve to have a few more green dots next to their name probably isn't a good reason to give positive reputation."

You can also gain Rep from posting 50 times, doing graphic designs and tons more.

This could obviously be used in maybe some bad ways too but this is a really good forum and everyone's mature so I don't see that happening

If you have any questions lemme know :D


i used to be on forums like those....the only problem is it creates spammers... it clutters the forums with useless things for the sake of getting the rep
Image
Image

User avatar
Wolfears
I Love Anime
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:02 am
Location: Norwich, England
Contact:

Re: Suggestions and Feedback

Postby Wolfears » Wed May 18, 2016 6:15 pm

Have you ever thought of having a chatroom on your website. I know it can attract the wrong people, and the community here is superb, so would not want to spoil that. Just thought it might get us chatting in real time more. Will understand if the answer is no.

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II
Posts: 2826
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:54 am

Re: Suggestions and Feedback

Postby Kocurek1944 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:31 pm

Wolfears wrote:Have you ever thought of having a chatroom on your website. I know it can attract the wrong people, and the community here is superb, so would not want to spoil that. Just thought it might get us chatting in real time more. Will understand if the answer is no.

If we can pull that off,I think it's fantastic idea.Sad thing is that time zones may be a problem...:(

User avatar
Wolfears
I Love Anime
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:02 am
Location: Norwich, England
Contact:

Re: Suggestions and Feedback

Postby Wolfears » Wed May 18, 2016 11:49 pm

Kocurek1944 wrote:
Wolfears wrote:Have you ever thought of having a chatroom on your website. I know it can attract the wrong people, and the community here is superb, so would not want to spoil that. Just thought it might get us chatting in real time more. Will understand if the answer is no.

If we can pull that off,I think it's fantastic idea.Sad thing is that time zones may be a problem...:(


Thanks Kocurek1944. I agree with you. There will be a time zone issue, it really depends how widespread the community is. I guess most are in US. I for instance am in UK.

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II
Posts: 2826
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:54 am

Re: Suggestions and Feedback

Postby Kocurek1944 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:08 am

Wolfears wrote:
Kocurek1944 wrote:
Wolfears wrote:Have you ever thought of having a chatroom on your website. I know it can attract the wrong people, and the community here is superb, so would not want to spoil that. Just thought it might get us chatting in real time more. Will understand if the answer is no.

If we can pull that off,I think it's fantastic idea.Sad thing is that time zones may be a problem...:(


Thanks Kocurek1944. I agree with you. There will be a time zone issue, it really depends how widespread the community is. I guess most are in US. I for instance am in UK.

I'm from Poland,so I'm few hours before the US...But you know I think being real life Dollars from Durarara!! is worth all inconveniences.

User avatar
Wolfears
I Love Anime
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:02 am
Location: Norwich, England
Contact:

Re: Suggestions and Feedback

Postby Wolfears » Fri May 20, 2016 12:35 am

Kocurek1944 wrote:
Wolfears wrote:
Kocurek1944 wrote:
Wolfears wrote:Have you ever thought of having a chatroom on your website. I know it can attract the wrong people, and the community here is superb, so would not want to spoil that. Just thought it might get us chatting in real time more. Will understand if the answer is no.

If we can pull that off,I think it's fantastic idea.Sad thing is that time zones may be a problem...:(


Thanks Kocurek1944. I agree with you. There will be a time zone issue, it really depends how widespread the community is. I guess most are in US. I for instance am in UK.

I'm from Poland,so I'm few hours before the US...But you know I think being real life Dollars from Durarara!! is worth all inconveniences.


I think you are right

User avatar
SemiBolt
Anime Junky
Posts: 853
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Suggestions and Feedback

Postby SemiBolt » Mon May 30, 2016 4:03 pm

Wolfears idea is pretty cool. And it wouldn't distract people from still posting on the forums as much as people think.
Another forum I went to mostly used it for updates
Image

User avatar
Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku
Posts: 1677
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:13 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Suggestions and Feedback

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:44 pm

SemiBolt wrote:Wolfears idea is pretty cool. And it wouldn't distract people from still posting on the forums as much as people think.
Another forum I went to mostly used it for updates

We could open a discord chat and invite members from here, just an easier alternative.

User avatar
Wolfears
I Love Anime
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:02 am
Location: Norwich, England
Contact:

Re: Suggestions and Feedback

Postby Wolfears » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:57 pm

fullmetal_snorlax wrote:
SemiBolt wrote:Wolfears idea is pretty cool. And it wouldn't distract people from still posting on the forums as much as people think.
Another forum I went to mostly used it for updates

We could open a discord chat and invite members from here, just an easier alternative.


That's a good idea, I think the discord chat is more for gamers, but I can't see why we could not use it. It would be interesting to get feedback from Chris and Andrew, or anyone who has thoughts on the subject

User avatar
SemiBolt
Anime Junky
Posts: 853
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Suggestions and Feedback

Postby SemiBolt » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:11 pm

I've never used that before but if it's as easy as skype I have no objections.
And if the Pokemon thread takes off that could be a good texting app
Image