Re: Suggestions and Feedback

Postby Neko » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:34 pm

Hajime and Yato! SWEET!

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:13 pm

Neko wrote:Hajime and Yato! SWEET!

Hah, missed that someone actually noted the change. Glad you liked.

I had thought about making a poll thread somewhere that periodically accepts ideas for different characters in the background and different series for the front page banner. Or maybe just have a place where people can just yell ideas. I know we had a thread at some point but it was more people creating them. Which was difficult to implement with different resolutions and quality (skewed/stretched or pixelated).
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:58 pm

Maybe a podcast about waifuism or waifu culture?

thegenkiguy
Crazy About Anime

Postby thegenkiguy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:30 am

Hi guys! Looks like nobody has posted in the feedback section in quite a while. Means you guys are doing a great job! ^^

I do have a suggestion (I already alluded to this in a reply to Chris in his story topic just now). I think you guys should include a dedicated section in the podcast for forum activity updates.

These could just be quick rundown of updated activity, so they wouldn't take up a huge portion of the podcast or anything. Here you can spotlight certain things that are going on in the forums. And it may encourage listeners to sign up for the forum and/or participate more. For example:

- "Seasonal discussion topics are up (courtesy of Logan). Come discuss your favorite shows with us."
- "If you're curious, Andrew posted a very interesting topic in the Anime Discussion section about anime license saving."
- "New Watch-Along (courtesy of Neko). This month's theme is 'dere.' If you'd like to pitch a show and discuss it with the community...etc, etc."
- "Chris added a chapter in the forum topic for a story he's been writing. He's so-and-so chapters in and could really use your feedback."
- "We're discussing Fuuka manga spoilers in the manga discussion. If you're following the series at all, come check it out!"
- "Community member Fullmetal Snorlax set up a manga swap on the forums. If you have manga you'd like to trade...etc, etc"

And also remind listeners of stuff like "Hey, we're nearing the end of the season, don't forget to post your 2017 seasonal picks in the forum!" Stuff like that. And you wouldn't have to highlight every new thing. You also wouldn't have to repeat the same stuff every week if you didn't want to. Or maybe you wouldn't make this a feature of every podcast episode, but just have this segment every 2-4 weeks.

Thoughts?

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:43 am

Kocurek1944 wrote:Maybe a podcast about waifuism or waifu culture?

Will be fast. Only Rem exist! ;)
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:54 am

A big flood of spammers have once again hit us, and in order to remedy the flow of bad traffic, I've decided to put into effect a white list email restriction. This should NOT effect current users, but if you experience a problem for some reason, please contact me.

What the white list email restriction means is that only certain reputable email domains are allowed to be registered with. That means MYMAILRX.CO is not going to work. Honestly I gave up a long time ago banning IPs or Emails as they are unlimited.

I do want to put a call out for help from the community though. I checked what email domains current users use and comprised a white list. I won't claim I'm an expert at all regions as to what's a preferred email provider. If you know of one not listed below and SHOULD be added to the white list, please let me know.

gmail.com, hotmail.com, live.se, lycos.com, mac.com, me.com, web.de, yahoo.com

Thanks! And my apologies to everyone for having to deal with the recent spam flood.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:31 am

Andrew might I suggest only accepting Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, ect. It might be a pain for someone with an exotic email handle but it might actually help.

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:52 am

Do any of those barriers at registration, Capcha or others provide any protection? Do they cost?

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:40 pm

Neko wrote:Do any of those barriers at registration, Capcha or others provide any protection? Do they cost?

They don't work against ithe human spammers.

::anger::