OS University

Everything Else!
Chris
Site Co-Founder

Re: OS University

Postby Chris » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:02 am

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:
Chris wrote:lol may have to gah only 301 in here

but no you get no diploma till you present a doctorate on a theory that is peer reviewed

No eva is over done. try something else

;-p

Is my 3 hour podcast on serial experiments lain sufficient, or the 3 hours of msg, or ashita no Joe or gunbuster,or to heart, or his and her circumstances or well I guess that's enough.

That being said, no one does Eva as well as me and you darn well know it.

Maybe joe but don’t count on it.

;-p

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:03 am

Chris wrote:
SethAmaha wrote:

but no you get no diploma till you present a doctorate on a theory that is peer reviewed

;-p

Well, if you are looking for some 300 or 200, you might want to do some on some important things like Nobunaga, the evolution and traditions of samurai culture, a rehash of the trap character since we did just have a talk on it, and maybe an exploration of idols and idol culture.

That’s not a bad idea. Do you suppose folks would be interested in a deep dive on Japanese history. Kinda never really thought of it due to it not being directly tied to anime. If you are all interested in it I can definitely do this since I am extremely interested in this kind of thing.

Got you
phpBB [video]

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 am

Chris wrote:
Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:

;-p

Is my 3 hour podcast on serial experiments lain sufficient, or the 3 hours of msg, or ashita no Joe or gunbuster,or to heart, or his and her circumstances or well I guess that's enough.

;-p

Do I need to go into neitzche or start talking about existentialism, or talk like my head is 4 miles up my neko like I'm in the liberal arts?

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:34 am

Chris wrote:
SethAmaha wrote:

;-p

Well, if you are looking for some 300 or 200, you might want to do some on some important things like Nobunaga, the evolution and traditions of samurai culture, a rehash of the trap character since we did just have a talk on it, and maybe an exploration of idols and idol culture.

That’s not a bad idea. Do you suppose folks would be interested in a deep dive on Japanese history. Kinda never really thought of it due to it not being directly tied to anime. If you are all interested in it I can definitely do this since I am extremely interested in this kind of thing.

Even if it's not directly related to all anime, a lot of them are and understanding a bit of Japanese history and culture goes a long way in understanding why somethings in anime are the way they are. This of course includes the religious side, going from shinto to buddhism and the slight integration of christianity in the late Edo period.

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:
Chris wrote:
Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:

;-p

;-p

Do I need to go into neitzche or start talking about existentialism, or talk like my head is 4 miles up my neko like I'm in the liberal arts?

obviously you have to accept sao as your ex that just wont go away and accept Jacques Derrida as your god and start critiquing everything until there is no rationality left in the world.

ugggg another name i need to research thanks for that... (neitzche)

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:08 am

As a fellow German, I feel compelled to correct you guys on the spelling of his name: It's Nietzsche ;).

To toss in my 2 cents, I've never been big on learning about Japanese culture or history. I don't care if I don't understand every bit of cultural/historical nuance that might be embedded in an anime. But I'm positive there are many listeners out there who would eat that stuff up.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:22 pm

BlueSpark wrote:As a fellow German, I feel compelled to correct you guys on the spelling of his name: It's Nietzsche ;).

To toss in my 2 cents, I've never been big on learning about Japanese culture or history. I don't care if I don't understand every bit of cultural/historical nuance that might be embedded in an anime. But I'm positive there are many listeners out there who would eat that stuff up.

yeah duckduckgo fixed it for me. ;-p

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:23 am

You guys wanna start talking about Nietzsche? You better fasten your seatbelt. One of the greatest mind ever...died crazy. Wich tells you how well he understood things.

'Be mean' - Nietzsche....lol
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato