Post Your Recent Purchases

Figures, Art, and More!
Andrew
Site Admin

Post Your Recent Purchases

Postby Andrew » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:55 pm

If you're big on collecting memorabilia, we want to see what you've got! So in this thread, share your recent purchases with us all. You can also give some pointers on where you got it and how much it set you back. You may even have questions as to if something is legit or bootleg for others to help with. Whatever you want to share!

I'll kick things off with an example of my recent purchases:
Nendoroids: Saber Extra, Saber Lion, and Leonmitchelli Galette des Rois
Price: $29, $37, $58
Purchased from: Amazon with Fulfillment
Both Saber Extra and Leonmitchelli look in great condition and unopened, I've received two Saber Lion that were resealed. One of which was sticky inside. Though I make sure when ordering from Amazon that it's Fulfilled by them to protect from issues like this. In all cases Amazon customer service is very "no nonsense" and they do everything to make it right.
Legit?: I haven't fully inspected Saber Extra and Leonmitchelli due to waiting on film equipment for unboxing, but Saber Lion in both cases looked legit.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

MissMurder1221
Lead Tsundere

Re: Post Your Recent Purchases

Postby MissMurder1221 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:24 am

My most recent purchase that I'm waiting for in the mail is the 2014 Winter Hatsune Miku nendoroid from Good Smile Company. :D
My last one was the Eva 3.33 Rei in her black plugsuit and a 3.33 Asuka with her eye patch.

Still so many Eva figures I want..
Koneko-Chan, at your service! Image
FFXIV Advocate

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:21 pm

Got my 2 new Lithographs in from Rightstuf, Costed about 37 each. I think the framing will end up being most the cost lol. But they are limited prints (250) and I'm way happy with them.

MissMurder1221 wrote:My most recent purchase that I'm waiting for in the mail is the 2014 Winter Hatsune Miku nendoroid from Good Smile Company. :D
My last one was the Eva 3.33 Rei in her black plugsuit and a 3.33 Asuka with her eye patch.

Still so many Eva figures I want..

I got Magical Winter Miku ordered too! I just recently got the email for its ship date, July 27th. I'm soooo wanting that to ship sooner. :(

I'm sort of jealous of ya on on the Asuka fig. Surprisingly enough, I don't have any NGE figs. Guess because they are so much older, it's hard to find the good ones. There was a LOT of bad figures made of that franchise.

MissMurder1221
Lead Tsundere

Postby MissMurder1221 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:17 am

July 27th is too far away!

And I agree. most of the ones I've got are from the movies. I have all of Asuka's plugsuits EXCEPT the Test plugsuit from 2.22, which was actually my favorite one. I found one on Amiami I want to purchase, but don't have the money yet. I also want to get the new one of 3.33 that is super detailed and the one with her in the pink apron and blue bra from 2.22.

So many Asukas, so little money. D':
FFXIV Advocate

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:39 am

MissMurder1221 wrote:July 27th is too far away!

And I agree. most of the ones I've got are from the movies. I have all of Asuka's plugsuits EXCEPT the Test plugsuit from 2.22, which was actually my favorite one. I found one on Amiami I want to purchase, but don't have the money yet. I also want to get the new one of 3.33 that is super detailed and the one with her in the pink apron and blue bra from 2.22.

So many Asukas, so little money. D':

Geeze, you weren't kidding when you said you were a NGE fan! I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy! :P

I definitely need one for my collection so I might have to do some searching around for the best one.

Do you have a MyFigureCollection.net account? Would love to see your collection. It's a bit difficult to match up a collection with what listed until you get used to it. But I enjoy using it to keep track of it all. They also got some amazing images submitted by members for each figure. Good place to scope out ideas and sometimes people post sales in the figure's comments. Of course, be careful which ones you go after even though people do well in moderating what other's post. Like, alot post Mandrake which sells a lot of used figures.

Here's my collection so far:
http://myfigurecollection.net/collection/Zeruel

MissMurder1221
Lead Tsundere

Postby MissMurder1221 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:23 am

I do not have an account yet :O
Wow, you have a lot of Nendoroids!! so far, I have the Miku that's shipping this month, Kirito, Asuna, and preordered a Cardcaptor Sakura nendoroid from Good Smile
I wish they'd come out with NGE ones, I'd be all over that!!
I am super jealous of your Nendoroids.
FFXIV Advocate

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:27 am

MissMurder1221 wrote:I do not have an account yet :O
Wow, you have a lot of Nendoroids!! so far, I have the Miku that's shipping this month, Kirito, Asuna, and preordered a Cardcaptor Sakura nendoroid from Good Smile
I wish they'd come out with NGE ones, I'd be all over that!!
I am super jealous of your Nendoroids.

:O I never thought of that.. Nendo NGE figs would be awesome. I guess since Nendoroids are so new, it makes sense, but it would be cool for them to do a cross promotions with the newly releasing remakes. I do some spotlights of the Nendoroids on our youtube channel. They are all adorable, especially my Strawberry Miku.

I'd love to have an asuna/kirito fig. Asuna is a beautiful character and Kirito is just epic. I'd prefer if I could find a dual wielding Kirito and a 'switch' pose Asuna.

MissMurder1221
Lead Tsundere

Postby MissMurder1221 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:21 pm

I really, really wanted the Asuna and Kirito Figma figures, but they're so expensive now. :(

I do have an Asuka in her test plug suit Figma Figure which comes with the entry plug seat, which was awwwesome.

I haven't taken out ANY of my figures yet because of the warning you two made about dust ruining the figure ( and Arizona is a very dusty state! ). One day, I'll get a nice place to display them where it will be impossible to get dusty!
FFXIV Advocate

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:40 pm

MissMurder1221 wrote:I really, really wanted the Asuna and Kirito Figma figures, but they're so expensive now. :(

I do have an Asuka in her test plug suit Figma Figure which comes with the entry plug seat, which was awwwesome.

I haven't taken out ANY of my figures yet because of the warning you two made about dust ruining the figure ( and Arizona is a very dusty state! ). One day, I'll get a nice place to display them where it will be impossible to get dusty!

Hah! I didn't mean to scare you, but dust is an annoying thing for figures. Often ruining the paint and leading to damage in cleaning. I usually use acrylic cases that are found at most hobby shops (we get them from Michaels stores). They have a nice lip to their door that keeps them sealed good. The bigger ones are actually built to house large dolls and the smaller ones are for sports memorabilia and model cars.

Sadly even nice glass display shelves have huge gaps at the door that leaves it wide open for dust. We don't have it as bad as AZ but we do have a lot of dogs that track in dirt that gets thrown around by the AC. It makes me sad that I can't do like some and have figures just out in the open anywhere.

MissMurder1221
Lead Tsundere

Postby MissMurder1221 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:22 pm

Oh no!! I have the dog problem, too. I feel your pain!!!
This is why we can't have nice things.
FFXIV Advocate