Post Your Recent Purchases

Figures, Art, and More!
fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Re: Post Your Recent Purchases

Postby fragoff » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:29 pm

Got my figurine. I listened to you guys and opened it. Here is a small review of it:

The box is really nice. a bit damaged, but i don't really care.

straight out of the box, this is what we get.

well, everything is warped tidyly. there are many hands, 4 different faces. sadly, i will have to make a choice when building the figurine: it will be either the armor stand representing gemini, the knight with its blue hair or the knight with its helmet. can't have all 3! :"(

The finished built. the figurine is 6-7 inches tall without wings. The major letdown of this toy is that for 200$, you do not get a stand for it. this is outrageous! It is higly flexible. even the armor itself has a lot of pivot points to allow you a lot of poses. it is very well done. A lot of armor parts are metal.

As soon as i find a solution for a stand, i have the perfect display spot for it! next, i will get Aldebaran, my zodiac sign.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

JaredScott5
I Like Anime

Postby JaredScott5 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:22 pm

Finally completed my Rurouni Kenshin manga series. I originally was buying the 3-in-1 books, but the bindings were garbage. Individual manga volumes worked out much better. I also managed to grab the manga adaption of The Ring. Sadly, not as good as I remembered. Even the US movie is a better version of the story lol

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:21 am

OK, I know this technically doesn't belong here since it isn't an official product, but I'll post it anways. After attending this year's Japan Day near my home town, I felt a little bad about not bringing any attire to show my passion for the anime medium. So I designed and ordered a little something the other day:
Looks pretty amateur, I know, but there's only so much I could do with the online shop's designer and my own limited (read: basically nonexistant) graphic design skills.

I'll be 100% honest - I'd be quite embarassed to be seen wearing the shirt in general public. So this is one piece of clothing that'll stay safely tucked away in my closet until it's time for the next anime-related event.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:18 am

BlueSpark wrote:I'll be 100% honest - I'd be quite embarassed to be seen wearing the shirt in general public. So this is one piece of clothing that'll stay safely tucked away in my closet until it's time for the next anime-related event.

I know that feel, I also have a handful of blatantly anime shirts, all official tho. But I don’t wear those in public at all really, more subtle ones like my evangelion shirts that just has the NERV logo are fine, but ones where it’s a whole character and are just really obvious I save for anime related events. Usually conventions.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:03 pm

Lol, gotta live the dream. My flying witch shirt and magus bride shirt get regular rotation. Who cares what you like. Chances are whoever makes fun of you is more nerdy about sports than you are about anime

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:02 pm

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:Lol, gotta live the dream. My flying witch shirt and magus bride shirt get regular rotation. Who cares what you like. Chances are whoever makes fun of you is more nerdy about sports than you are about anime

It’s it even so much other people making fun of it cause of anime and more so just that those kind of Shinji aren’t really my style. I like more subtle stuff, simple colours and patterns. My NERV shirt is good for that while also still getting comments if people know what it is, which is nice. Bascially I just like simple clean shirts and styles usually.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560