Products You Want, But Can't Have!

Figures, Art, and More!
Andrew
Site Admin

Products You Want, But Can't Have!

Postby Andrew » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:48 pm

Have you ever had an item you just wanted to have, but just can't justify? I admit, I'm in a better position than most as I have recently gotten into a promising career and save my money diligently. Despite that, no matter what your disposable income is, there's always something that's just out of reach or you can't justify the cost to get it.

Recently I've been desiring to have an anime cel in my collection. I feel drawn and hand painted anime is a dying breed (if not dead already), so I want something to remember the effort, blood, sweat, and tears that went into the shows of old. However nothing could prepare me for the cost involved (and risk). Which begins my recent struggle of justifying the cost of getting a great cell.

Enter Iria.. one of the first shows I watched. I discovered an absolutely beautiful cel of the main protagonist and it fetches.... $500... I'm heart broken and so want it. However I can't justify the cost and risk involved in it.

So what's your buyer's woes? Got something you want, but can't find? Or is there something that you wanted in the past but never could get?
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

taiga
I Like Anime

Re: Products You Want, But Can't Have!

Postby taiga » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:33 am

You like Iria, too? I am so in love with that OVA. I never met anyone who knew what the hell that is. It's brilliant. That is one amazing cel, too.

One of things I would love to have, but will most likely never own is a guitar. It's not anime related, but it's a working replica of hide's guitar of X-Japan. The Burny MG-360S. It's gorgeous and I love this body style of guitar. They go for around $2,000. :( This guitar fits me so well..The words on it are just perfect. Haha.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:56 pm

Yeesh, yeah guitars can hurt the wallet. Do you know how to play guitar or familiar with guitars? Is it a good brand guitar or does the value lie in the replication?

taiga
I Like Anime

Postby taiga » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:08 pm

Andrew wrote:Yeesh, yeah guitars can hurt the wallet. Do you know how to play guitar or familiar with guitars? Is it a good brand guitar or does the value lie in the replication?

Yeah, I play a bit. They are pretty good guitars and it's also because they are his paint job. So, a bit of both as to why they're expensive. They're exactly the same as his, just not the one he played. So yup, costly!

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:32 am

Won't be able to get to the Tokyo Fall Festival, but I would love a Hello Kitty Celty....anyting! Sticker, cell phone strap...

SemiBolt
Anime Junky

Postby SemiBolt » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:15 pm

(A small spoiler if you haven't got past around 50 episodes of bleach)
Spoiler:

I really want it but its around 465$ .______.
It has to be life size for me to spend that much on it xD

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:11 pm

Besides the smoke looking a bit like cloth, that thing is pretty sick.

AlphaxIkaros
I Like Anime

Postby AlphaxIkaros » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:26 pm

i would like to buy sword art online but its sold in 4 parts and around 90 bucks a part on rightstuf idk if i can justify spending 350-400 on a single series

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:28 pm

AlphaxIkaros wrote:i would like to buy sword art online but its sold in 4 parts and around 90 bucks a part on rightstuf idk if i can justify spending 350-400 on a single series

I'm in the same exact boat for both Katanagatari (which is only sold via second hand now) and the Fate/Zero collection which is only available in 2 Limited Edition box sets.

Just can't justify the price :(

AlphaxIkaros
I Like Anime

Postby AlphaxIkaros » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:52 pm

idk how much the katanagatari is but the fate/zero is crazy expensive its like 500+ for both sets isnt it? i know sao and fate/zero are aniplex they charge stuiped amounts of money for there shows i want madoka as well but thats pretty pricey as well not as bad as sao though