343) Summer 2017 Anime Season Review Part 3

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

343) Summer 2017 Anime Season Review Part 3

Postby Andrew » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:06 am

The final batch of Summer 2017 Anime Season reviews from the Otaku Spirit Animecast hosts is here for your listening enjoyment. Taking on a spread of shows with mecha, moe, tragedy, and superheroes!

Anime Reviewed in this Episode: Angel’s 3Piece, Knight’s and Magic, New Game!!, 18if, In Another World With My Smartphone, Lights of the Clione, and My Hero Academia 2nd Season. Also, some mid-season impressions on Elegant Yokai Apartment Life, Magical Circle Guru Guru, and Welcome to the Ballroom.

Note: Following the spoiler free reviews for these shows, and following the closing music, we go into a spoiler discussion on a few shows. If you have not watched the below shows, avoid listening within their time stamps.

1:22:01 – 1:29:22 New Game!!
1:29:22 – 1:39:59 My Hero Academia 2nd Season

The opening song for this episode is the OP for New Game!! called “Step By Step Up” by fourfolium. The closing for this episode is the OP for 18if called “Red Doors feat. Yoshikazu Mera” by TeddyLoid. The closing following the spoiler discussion is the ED for Round and Round and Round” by Technoboys Pulcraft Green-Fund feat. Bonjour Suzuki.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2017/10/animecas ... ew-part-3/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Re: 343) Summer 2017 Anime Season Review Part 3

Postby Mys145 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:34 am

I thought New Game S2 was better than the first one. It's kinda of weird to hear Andrew saying that he prefer Season 2 have the same amount of humor as Season 1. I do think that the new characters should have been introduced sooner instead of the beginning of the second half of the season. I just wonder if Ko
Spoiler:
went to work for Ubisoft
at the end of the season.

During the 18if review when Andrew was describing the girl who saw her family get killed, that was episode 2 not 3. Episode 3 was the girl who was dying and didn't realize it.

My Hero Academia S2

Spoiler:
Out of all the exam battles, you didn't talk about the best one which was Grape Juice passing the exam all by himself even though he had to deal with his lust of Midnight.

Andrew, did you decide to give up on Altair or haven't caught up on it yet?

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: 343) Summer 2017 Anime Season Review Part 3

Postby Andrew » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:32 am

Mys145 wrote:Andrew, did you decide to give up on Altair or haven't caught up on it yet?

I gave it another episode and it just wasn't grabbing me, unfortunately. Maybe I'm just burned out on that era due to Arslan.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694