154) Fall 2015 First Impressions Part 2

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

154) Fall 2015 First Impressions Part 2

Postby Andrew » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:12 pm

It’s time for the second batch of our Fall 2015 Anime Season First Impressions. Moe exercises, murder mystery, skit comedy, kemonomimi cuteness, muscle fetishes, gundam and more!

Anime discussed in this episode: The Perfect Insider, The Asterisk War, Anime De Training! Ex, Tantei Team KZ Jiken Note, Peeping Life TV Season 1, Miss Monochrome 3, Utawarerumono Itsuwari no Kamen, Anti-Magic Academy The 35th Test Platoon, Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans, Comet Lucifer, Rainy Cocoa Welcome To Rainy Color, Magical Somera-chan, The Testament of Sister New Devil Burst, Shomen Sample, and K: Return of Kings.

The intro for this episode is the OP for Testament of Sister New Devil Burst called “Over The Testament” by Metamorphose ft Yoko Ishida. The outro is the ED for Utawarerumono Itsuwari no Kamen called “Feeling as if in a Dream” by Suara. Following our spoiler discussion, we close with the ED for K: Return of Kings called “Solution” by CustomiZ.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2015/11/animecas ... ns-part-2/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Re: 154) Fall 2015 First Impressions Part 2

Postby Kocurek1944 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:02 am

I have great idea for episode of Peeping Life.Picture this:
Small girl/boy comes to bike repair shop run by Jojos.
-Can you fix my bike?
-Of course I can.
Cut to the background,as you can hear:
-ORE ORE ORE ORE ORE ORE ORE!!!
He returns and gives boy a screw:
-Here you go.
Enough of bad jokes.
But overall after half of season I need to say I like it.I follow 7(8 if you count Gundam the Origin) shows,and dropped non of them.For comparation last season I've only watched Shimoneta.So for me at least 8t's a good season

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:24 am

The Asterisk War: I think you're confusing Chivalry of a Failed Knight with the description of the main character. He just transferred into the school. Not many people know what he can do unlike Chivalry of a Failed Knight since he's been at the school for some time and everyone knows he's worst of the worst.

Peeping Life Season 1: I think of the show as a very subdue Saturday Night Live with Tezuka and Tatsunoko characters. I was a bit surprised when there were four previous Peeping Life series from 2008-2011.

Shomen Sample: It seems like I'm in the minority towards Hakua. I don't see her stripping of her clothes being cute but rather tasteless fanservice. I don't care if she's 14 but she's more like 6-7 which just puts me off. I might be overreacting but I feel there has be other people who feel the same way that I do.

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:41 am

Neither of us praised the show for doing that. Her saavant mode is slightly annoying. But it is what it is. It doesn't ruin her character for me at least. We were talking about most of her interactions that were not her saavant mode.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:55 am

Kocurek1944 wrote:But overall after half of season I need to say I like it.I follow 7(8 if you count Gundam the Origin) shows,and dropped non of them.For comparation last season I've only watched Shimoneta.So for me at least 8t's a good season

I'm surprised about how very little isn't enjoyable this season. Now, I'll admit that the only show that is blowing me away is Noragami, the rest is good or very good.

Mys145 wrote:The Asterisk War: I think you're confusing Chivalry of a Failed Knight with the description of the main character. He just transferred into the school. Not many people know what he can do unlike Chivalry of a Failed Knight since he's been at the school for some time and everyone knows he's worst of the worst.

That's pretty much been the theme of the last two podcasts.

Mys145 wrote:Shomen Sample: It seems like I'm in the minority towards Hakua. I don't see her stripping of her clothes being cute but rather tasteless fanservice. I don't care if she's 14 but she's more like 6-7 which just puts me off. I might be overreacting but I feel there has be other people who feel the same way that I do.

I don't think it's a good thing, mainly because I don't know the intent of the creator. I guess the only reason I didn't bring it up on the podcast is that it's something I'm sort of used to. That's because I've baby sit kids like this. Yes, I don't see her as a teenager, I see her as a child. And children often don't see how innocent they are. I've baby sit kids that run around butt naked like we're stupid for wearing cloths.

That said, I admit, I get quite a chuckle out of seeing the MC deal with her doing that. There's the element of embarrassment while also having a care to help her. He's basically baby sitting her.

Though I got the same type of enjoyment out of shows like PapaKiki and Usagi Drop. An element of parental care. And I'm not ignorant to the creator doing it for loli fanservice, I'm just not bothered by it. Unless they have her shooting sexual poses or MC becoming aroused by her. Then I would have a problem.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:14 pm

Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew. Yep, that's the vibe I was getting from "Tantei Team KZ Jiken Note" Yes,I'm old.

And there must be another first impressions episode in the wings, because I don't recall hearing anything about "Doyamager-D " :)

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:48 pm

They probably aren't doing another one. There are several shows they didn't do but I guess they aren't watching them or care to talk about them.

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:10 pm

I figured they'd be skipping Doyamager-D. It's the same joke every week, but it looks cool in a Speed-Racer kind of way. :)

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:26 pm

Doyamager-D isn't actually part of the Fall 2015 season. Funimation just seems to be padding their lineup with it it seems. It aired in Winter 2015. Thus we didn't feel the need to cover it.

Other shows and reasons for not covering them:
Brave Beats - Children's show and wasn't our taste because of that.
Shin Atashin - Family sitcom, hard to watch
Star Mu - Definitely not my taste..
Diabolik Lovers More Blood - Chris didn't feel there was much to say.
Itoshi no Muco - Looks like blah, obviously a teaching tool for children to learn words

Sequels we've not seen the previous and thus did not cover them:
Aikatsu 4
Cardfight Vanguard
Garo Guren no Tsuki
Haikyuu 2
Fist of North Star DD
Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo
Owarimonogatari
Pokemon XYZ
Soukyuu no Fafner Exodus 2
World Trigger
Yuru Yuri