163) Winter 2016 Anime Season Preview

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

163) Winter 2016 Anime Season Preview

Postby Andrew » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:17 pm

The cold weather is upon us, so it’s time to bundle up and absorb some upcoming anime with the Winter 2016 Season. Join the Animecast as we run through all of the shows you should be expecting. Don’t forget the hot chocolate for the resident loli.

Anime Discussed In This Preview: Active Raid, Ajin, Snow White With The Red Hair 2, Assassination Classroom 2, Four Rhythm Across The Blue, The Town Where Only I Am Missing, Bubuki Buranki, Dagashi Kashi, Dimension W, Divine Gate, Durarara!!x2 Ketsu, Fairy Tail Zero, Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There 2, Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, Haruta and Chika, Give Blessings to This Wonderful World, Pandora in the Crimson Shell, Luck & Logic, I’ve Had Enough of Being a Magical Girl, Mahou Tsukai Precure, Myriad Colors Phantom World, Norn9, Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R, Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation, Prince of Stride: Alternative, Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage, Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle, Schwarzesmarken, Girls Beyond The Youth Koya, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, Kono Danshi, Rainbow Days, Ojisan to Marshmallow, Ooya-san wa Shishunki, Please Tell Me Galko-chan, Sekkou Boys, Tabi Machi Late Show, Teekyu 7, and Yami Shibai 3.

The intro is from the PV for Myriad Colors Phantom World called “Naked Drive” by Screen Mode. The Outro is from the PV for Dimision W called “Genesis” by Stero Dive Foundation.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2015/12/animecas ... n-preview/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Logan
Super NEET IV

Re: 163) Winter 2016 Anime Season Preview

Postby Logan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:07 am

I don't have a problem with the way that Netflix is handling anime. Sure it would be nice if they would simulcast it but as someone who loves dubs, when I hear that Netflix gets a show I'm happy :lol:

Oh and it's pronounced: arc-ah-pel-ih-go :)

almightyhiki
I Bleed Anime

Postby almightyhiki » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:02 am

Oh... I remembered Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! (Give Blessings to This Wonderful World). There are some interesting characters in that. Nothing new but still interesting, I wish I could speak more than this but I'll contain myself for now.

I was happy, you know, because my list had less than 20 titles. I'm on 20 now after listening to your preview... I'm struggling against mixed feelings right now.
::teardrop::
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

https://myanimelist.net/profile/mighty_hiki

MadGunner
Senpai

Postby MadGunner » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:03 pm

Trust me guys, P.A Works can definitely do dark... they have one of the best horror animes out there under their belt after all.
Spoiler:
Me screaming whilst listening to the podcast: "ANOTHER you dense mother******" lol :D

Giant_Robot_Hug
I Bleed Anime

Postby Giant_Robot_Hug » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:38 pm

MadGunner wrote:one of the best horror animes out there under their belt

Was Another well received? I thought it was kinda terrible. :?

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:17 pm

MadGunner wrote:Trust me guys, P.A Works can definitely do dark... they have one of the best horror animes out there under their belt after all.

Spoiler:
Me screaming whilst listening to the podcast: "ANOTHER you dense mother******" lol :D

I don't recall questioning their ability to do dark. I just didn't like how the usual polish PA Works is known for wasn't there. Shoot, Another looks better than this new show by a long shot.

But probably should have used Another as the Studio reference. But I typically cheat when setting up the outline by pulling older lists from previous Previews to save time. Although something like mood is generally weighted on the director and writer's to do.

That all said, as my usual claim. Another was fantastic. Always hard to remember that it's a PAWorks title.

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:40 pm

I can definitely see the P.A.Works DNA in theHarikuchika characters. I see wat you mean, though mainly in the backgrounds/ environments. They lacked the luminous quality that seems to be a PA works hallmark. The bacgrounds look... just regular, and the characters' eyes are rendered a little differently than we're used to seeing, but no mistaking it's PA Works. Red Data Girl looked a bit different too in a more hard to pin-down kind of way.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu looks Ah. Ma. Zing!

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:53 pm

Neko wrote:I can definitely see the P.A.Works DNA in theHarikuchika characters. I see wat you mean, though mainly in the backgrounds/ environments. They lacked the luminous quality that seems to be a PA works hallmark. The bacgrounds look... just regular, and the characters' eyes are rendered a little differently than we're used to seeing, but no mistaking it's PA Works. Red Data Girl looked a bit different too in a more hard to pin-down kind of way.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu looks Ah. Ma. Zing!

It's hard to recognize RDG as theirs too. Though I wasn't entirely sold on PAWorks until I watched Hanasaku Iroha late. But perhaps that put them in an incorrect light for me. Expecting all of their work to have stellar backdrops and eyes that melt your soul.

So are you on the Shouwa train then?!

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:19 pm

Andrew wrote:It's hard to recognize RDG as theirs too. Though I wasn't entirely sold on PAWorks until I watched Hanasaku Iroha late. But perhaps that put them in an incorrect light for me. Expecting all of their work to have stellar backdrops and eyes that melt your soul.

So are you on the Shouwa train then?!

I am on the Shouwa train! First off, I'm fascinated with this era because it was the time that I became aware of this thing called Japan. And the idea of a totally straightforward human drama done as an animation is really compelling to me.

I don't know if Hanasaku Iroha put PA works in an incorrect light. I think that is the soul of who they are. RDG was a contract job from Kadokawa, This new thing is based on source material. It's inevitable to have clunkers (Glasslip and Charlotte) But I think we have a 2-1 ratio of good with PA works.

On a similar note, I have to wonder if the staff at KyoAni were tied to their chairs to put out Clannad. It (fortunately) looks like nothing else they've done. The VN was a huge thing by the time the anime was done, so there was no way they could radically change that (cough) "look".

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:17 pm

Andrew, you didn't like Myself;Yourself?