164) Seven Deadly Sins

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

164) Seven Deadly Sins

Postby Andrew » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:18 pm

It’s been a long time coming, but it’s time for the Otaku Spirit Animecast to dive into the world of Seven Deadly Sins. Join the hosts as they dive in and give a thorough review of this odd shounen.

Following the closing music and proper warning, things transition into the spoiler realm. If you have not watched Seven Deadly Sins, avoid listening beyond the 22:22 marker.

The opening for this episode is the OP2 for Seven Deadly Sins called “Seven Deadly Sins” by MAN WITH A MISSION. The closing for this episode the ED1 for Seven Deadly Sins called “7-seven-” by FLOW x GRANRODEO.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2015/12/animecas ... adly-sins/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Re: 164) Seven Deadly Sins

Postby shikakage » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:59 pm

I've been waiting for this review for a very long time now and I'm afraid that I need to wait after the christmas and new years break to listen to it. Got to save some podcasts episodes to help me get through work. :)

Can you guys give me a little spoiler to the review? Did you like the show?

Women of the kuudere tribe are a pain..They're not used to showing affection, so once they do go sweet they'll give everyone a three-mile radius cavities...

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:12 pm

shikakage wrote:I've been waiting for this review for a very long time now and I'm afraid that I need to wait after the christmas and new years break to listen to it. Got to save some podcasts episodes to help me get through work. :)

Can you guys give me a little spoiler to the review? Did you like the show?

Hah, We have a load of review episodes coming up (as long as the sickies Chris brought to the household doesn't bring us down), you'll have plenty :P

But if you need a spoiler...
Spoiler:
::thumb::

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Postby shikakage » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:47 pm

Andrew wrote:
But if you need a spoiler...
Spoiler:
::thumb::

Thanks! :lol: I'm looking forward to it!!!!!

Women of the kuudere tribe are a pain..They're not used to showing affection, so once they do go sweet they'll give everyone a three-mile radius cavities...

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:05 pm

Andrew, I try giving you a benefit of doubt before but you still say volumes where you mean chapters.

The anime only really reveal two of the Sins' backstory. I don't know what the second season will cover since the manga isn't close to finishing the current arc.

*** edited by Chris *** note : I belive this is a possible spoiler of melidoas weapon but I'm not going to look it up and confirm
Spoiler:
The original oneshot had Melidoas using a very long sword that was twice his height and the bar being a building with eight giant robotic legs attached to it.

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:00 am

I'm sure you guys didn't watch the dub, but it was fantastic!

Here's real best girl:
Spoiler:

Mys145 wrote:The anime only really reveal two of the Sins' backstory. I don't know what the second season will cover since the manga isn't close to finishing the current arc.

Spoiler:
I believe they reveal three of the Sins' backstory. Kings, Bans, and I'm pretty sure they reveal what Meliodas's sin was, though they don't go into it.

In regards to Secret Treasures:

Spoiler:
Gowther's is his twin bow Herritt :)

Seriously can't wait for season 2! What mischief will they get up to in Camelot!

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:18 am

Logan wrote:I'm sure you guys didn't watch the dub, but it was fantastic!

Here's real best girl:
Spoiler:

I'm ignoring the first statement for obvious reasons..

It was sinful how little of Elaine we got. Needs more.. She was adorable.

Logan wrote:In regards to Secret Treasures:

Spoiler:
Gowther's is his twin bow Herritt :)

Seriously can't wait for season 2! What mischief will they get up to in Camelot!

The problem is that they never specifically state, in the anime, what is their treasure except with Diane. So I'm not sure if you're assuming or getting that info from another source, which we try to avoid (obviously impossible with podcast and comments lol...). Always one of those issues that comes from something with a source.

::terrible::

But I'm with you, I can't wait for next season. Hopefully it doesn't end up all as filler.

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:27 am

Meliodas's weapon in the oneshot isn't related to his treasure.

Logan wrote:
Mys145 wrote:The anime only really reveal two of the Sins' backstory. I don't know what the second season will cover since the manga isn't close to finishing the current arc.

Spoiler:
I believe they reveal three of the Sins' backstory. Kings, Bans, and I'm pretty sure they reveal what Meliodas's sin was, though they don't go into it.

Spoiler:
I'm not counting that until we get same treatment like with the other two.

Gowther did say what his treasure was in the anime and Logan's right about it. King also said what his treasure as well in the anime.

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:02 am

Andrew wrote:I'm ignoring the first statement for obvious reasons..

Sorry, man! Meant nothing by it! I just know how you guys like to watch your anime and wanted to make sure people are aware that there is a good dub for it :)

Mys145 wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm not counting that until we get same treatment like with the other two.

Gowther did say what his treasure was in the anime and Logan's right about it. King also said what his treasure as well in the anime.

Gotcha :) and thanks for confirming! :D

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:18 pm

Logan wrote:
Andrew wrote:I'm ignoring the first statement for obvious reasons..

Sorry, man! Meant nothing by it! I just know how you guys like to watch your anime and wanted to make sure people are aware that there is a good dub for it :)

No, my apologies, that was meant to come across as comedic. Forgot text fails at that.

Spoiler:
And you're right, Gowther calls it when they rush the kingdom. I probably dismissed it as just a spell because it didn't show as a physical object. Gomen