Spring 2016 Anime Season Preview

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

Spring 2016 Anime Season Preview

Postby Andrew » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:12 pm

Spring brings quite an exciting new season of anime that one can’t help but get excited about. Not only is the offering showing promising, but the number is one for the record books. Over 60 new titles stretching from mecha, to moe, to shounen, to fantasy, to mafia, and more. Plug in your sound projectors of choice and join us as we break it down!

Anime Discussed In This Preview: Age 12, Bakuon, Big Order, My Hero Academia, Bungou Stray Dogs, Endride, flying witch, Gekidol, Ace Attorney, Hai Furi, Hundred, Joker Game, Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096, Kiznaiver, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, Kuma Miko, Kuromukuro, Mayoiga, And You Thought There is Never a Girl Online?, Pan de Peace, Life in a Different World From Zero, Haven’t You Heard I’m Sakamoto, Sansha Sanyou, Seisen Cerberus Ryuukoku no Fatelite, Shounen Maid, Twin Star Exorcists, Super Lovers, Sword Gai, Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge, Anne Happy, Sailor Moon Crystal 3, Concrete Revolutio 2 The Last Song, The Asterisk War 2, Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure 4 Diamond Is Unbreakable, Joker 3, RIN-NE 2, Macross Delta, Magi Sinbad no Bouken, Terraformars Revenge, Ushio and Tora 2, Bishoujo Yuugi Unit Crane Game Girls, Hakuouki Otogisoushi, Kagewani Shou, Onigiri, Uchuu Patrol Luluco, Usakame, Wagamama High Spec, Aikatsu Stars, Assassination Classroom 2, and Nijiiro Days.

The intro is from the PV for Anne Happy. For the break, we play the 2nd PV for Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. Finally, the outro for this episode if from the PV for Kuma Miko.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2016/03/animecas ... n-preview/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Re: Spring 2016 Anime Season Preview

Postby Mys145 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:21 am

The Gundam Re:0096 show is just a TV version of the Gundam Unicorn OVA series. It's basically this year's Ghost in the Shell AAA. I feel like you shouldn't jump into this series since it does reference back to previous Universal Century Gundam shows.

I been replaying the first Ace Attorney game and pretty sure that the anime is going to be based on the first three games. The first episode PV is the first case in the game. The bird is either from the second or third game but I'm leaning towards the second game. Andrew, I'm a bit surprised you didn't like the gameplay even though it's mostly like a visual novel. I guess not enough cute girls in it to ignore the gameplay issue.

Sailor Pluto was the guardian of time.

The Magi Sinbad series is a prequel as well.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:55 am

Mys145 wrote:I been replaying the first Ace Attorney game and pretty sure that the anime is going to be based on the first three games. The first episode PV is the first case in the game. The bird is either from the second or third game but I'm leaning towards the second game. Andrew, I'm a bit surprised you didn't like the gameplay even though it's mostly like a visual novel. I guess not enough cute girls in it to ignore the gameplay issue.
Hey! I think you got Chris's fabricated gamer persona mixed with mine. I play vary non moe games too. Even if I do import risqué moe crap, I still fit in gritty shooters too. :p

Thanks for the Gundam info.
Mys145 wrote:IThe Magi Sinbad series is a prequel as well.
I thought we said that? The whole talk about him being OP and this being before he became OP?

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:59 am

no its the first game. turnabout goodbyes the 4th case in the first game.

i thought i mentioned that Sinbad was going to show how he got his treasures. but i guess i didn't specifically say it was a prequel thanks.

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:23 am

Universal Century Timeline:
Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin UC0068-?
Mobile Suit Gundam UC0079-UC0080
Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO UC0079-UC0080
Mobile Suit Gundam The 08th MS Team UC0079
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080 War in th Pocket UC0080
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory UC0083
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam UC0087
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ UC0087
Mobile Suit Gundam:Char's Counterattack UC0093
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn UC0096
Mobile Suit Gundam F91 UC0123
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam UC0153

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:34 pm

Kocurek1944 wrote:Universal Century Timeline:

I knew you'd knock it out of the park. Based on your knowledge, do you think it will require much knowledge to enjoy despite not watching the ones prior to it in the timeline?

Thanks Kocurek.

SemiBolt
Anime Junky

Postby SemiBolt » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:54 pm

This seems like its gonna be a great season!
Looks like there's gonna be a ton of Shounen Anime so I'm realy excited :D
Especially for the goofy seriousness of JoJo's that they somehow pull off xD

I've only read the first 2 volumes of My Hero Academia but it was really good.
The only thing One punch man and it have in common is the superhero aspect, so its really weird when people clump them up together (Not saying you guys did. just people in general :3)

Most Shounen start out extremely slow and are usually pretty bad at the beginning but My Hero Academia didn't take long for me to start really enjoying the story and characters.
The main character is really awesome as well! But that might not mean much since it doesn't take much for me to like characters xD

Great podcast episode though! Its nice to know which ones you guys are looking forward to so I can watch them ASAP when they come out :D

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:38 am

Andrew wrote:
Kocurek1944 wrote:Universal Century Timeline:

I knew you'd knock it out of the park. Based on your knowledge, do you think it will require much knowledge to enjoy despite not watching the ones prior to it in the timeline?

Thanks Kocurek.

This is extremely difficult question that puts me in uncomfortable position.Since I finished the OVA I'm asking this myself.
I personally watched six episodes of Unicorn before touching any other UC instalment.To understand core narrative it doesn't require massive amount of knowledge.The problem is that such experience isn't full.I would say that the more You know the bigger is Your enjoyment.
Final decision belongs to You.If you really want to watch it,then go for it because if You have any problems with understanding I'm always happy to talk about Gundam.But on the other hand I wouldn't blame You if You will decide to leave Unicorn as cherry on top of Universal Century cake.

SemiBolt wrote:This seems like its gonna be a great season!
Looks like there's gonna be a ton of Shounen Anime so I'm realy excited :D
Especially for the goofy seriousness of JoJo's that they somehow pull off xD

I do agree this season seems really good.I have 13 shows on my list and I'm even excited for ecchi show(Yes,I enemy of everything moe and ecchi am excited for ecchi show).

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:53 am

Chris wrote:no its the first game. turnabout goodbyes the 4th case in the first game.

i thought i mentioned that Sinbad was going to show how he got his treasures. but i guess i didn't specifically say it was a prequel thanks.

I did start playing Turnabout Goodbyes but I stop for a bit after the first trial session. I played through the next part yesterday and saw the bird. So I was wrong about that. I think my recollection of the case being the best in the first game which I thought the bird being there was a bit silly. I would totally see the bird in some of the other cases but not that one.

For the Magi Sinbad clarification, just saying spinoff can mean anything but usually it's running next to or a sequel of the main series. It's definitely a prequel. I been reading the manga of it and it's definitely builds up the world of Magi and more like the first part of the main series.

So I really think you just need Gundam 0079, Zeta Gundam, and Char's Counterattack for Unicorn especially Zeta Gundam since it has one of the main characters in it.

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:31 pm

I got a bit of a Druarara!! vibe from the Bungou Stray Dogs PV as well. Kuma Miko looks cute.