203) Nisemonogatari

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

203) Nisemonogatari

Postby Andrew » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:30 pm

Continuing the journey through the Monogatari Series, the Animecast Hosts dive into the Nisemonogatari series and give their take on the dose of Fire Sisters Justice! Is the series still holding strong or falling short?

Note: Following the Spoiler-Free Review of Nisemonogatari, we dive into some spoiler discussion about the season. If you have not watched Nisemonogatari, avoid listening beyond the 23:37 mark.

We open this episode with the Nisemonogatari OP2 called “Marshmallow Justice” by Eri Kitamura. Closing, we play the OP3 for Nisemonogatari called “Platinum Disco” by Yuka Iguchi. The closing of the spoiler segment is the ED for Nisemonogatari called “Naisho no Hanashi” by ClariS.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2016/04/animecas ... onogatari/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Re: 203) Nisemonogatari

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:19 am

Yo guys great podcast as always, loving the single series reviews.

I'll mimic what I said in the last thread tsubasa hanekawa is best girl!

Chris that was an interesting take on reveling in the tropes but that's not quite how I took it. I took it more as a display of what kind of problems people with those characteristics would have had to go thru. For example 'gahara
Bake spoiler
Spoiler:
was a normal girl, with friends, played sports, all until her mother joined that cult and the rape happened. She shut herself up and became cold to people (tsun) until someone finally showed they genuinely cared which was ararararararararararagi making her dere. And you can do that with alot of characters but spoilers ::evil::

Tori
Super NEET II

Postby Tori » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:02 pm

I could never look at a toothbrush the same way after that scene... :lol:
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

Imagehttp://myanimelist.net/animelist/ToriXtra

BrOtaku
Crazy About Anime

Postby BrOtaku » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:13 pm

Loved this season of Monogatari, and I agree Andrew I was totally worried it'd be a sis-con-fest but I was pleasantly surprised. Also Platinum Disco is still my favorite OP from the series, I listen to it all the time!

Tori wrote:I could never look at a toothbrush the same way after that scene... :lol:

Totally! I was around my family when I first saw that scene. I had to close out the window and watch it later :lol:

almightyhiki
I Bleed Anime

Postby almightyhiki » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:27 pm

Finally got to talk about Kaiki. I love this guy! He's one of the few if not the only anime character I can identify myself with although a few of our beliefs are opposites. Also I'm not that gloomy. I would love to have his background music playing everytime I talk with people :lol:

The thing I love about this season is how the world expands and how interesting and complex it is.

For favorite scene, I will go with the end of episode 7, I realized what happened on the second time I watched.
Oh yeah, the toothbrush scene
::blush::
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

https://myanimelist.net/profile/mighty_hiki

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sun May 01, 2016 11:35 am

fullmetal_snorlax wrote:Yo guys great podcast as always, loving the single series reviews.

Chris that was an interesting take on reveling in the tropes but that's not quite how I took it. I took it more as a display of what kind of problems people with those characteristics would have had to go thru. For example 'gahara
Bake spoiler
Spoiler:
was a normal girl, with friends, played sports, all until her mother joined that cult and the rape happened. She shut herself up and became cold to people (tsun) until someone finally showed they genuinely cared which was ararararararararararagi making her dere. And you can do that with alot of characters but spoilers ::evil::

Glad you're enjoying it! You'll probably love listening to our take on the Nekomonogatari Black and White segments :)

I think Chris sees that as well, just wanted to point out the more comedic side of diving into those tropes.

Tori wrote:I could never look at a toothbrush the same way after that scene...

Hah. Who'da thought that could become a thing? lol

BrOtaku wrote:Loved this season of Monogatari, and I agree Andrew I was totally worried it'd be a sis-con-fest but I was pleasantly surprised. Also Platinum Disco is still my favorite OP from the series, I listen to it all the time!

Platinum Disco is a great track. Makes most of the purchase in the soundtrack worth it alone.

almightyhiki wrote:Finally got to talk about Kaiki. I love this guy! He's one of the few if not the only anime character I can identify myself with although a few of our beliefs are opposites. Also I'm not that gloomy. I would love to have his background music playing everytime I talk with people

The thing I love about this season is how the world expands and how interesting and complex it is.

For favorite scene, I will go with the end of episode 7, I realized what happened on the second time I watched.
Oh yeah, the toothbrush scene

::shocked:: I'll be sure to keep my distance!

But yeah, loved Kaiki and can't wait to see him return to the series. Episode 7 was great :)
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sun May 01, 2016 1:19 pm

Andrew wrote:
fullmetal_snorlax wrote:Yo guys great podcast as always, loving the single series reviews.

Bake spoiler
Spoiler:

Glad you're enjoying it! You'll probably love listening to our take on the Nekomonogatari Black and White segments :)

I think Chris sees that as well, just wanted to point out the more comedic side of diving into those tropes.

I'm sure I will and I can't wait!