204) Spring 2016 Anime Season First Impressions

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

204) Spring 2016 Anime Season First Impressions

Postby Andrew » Sun May 01, 2016 11:52 pm

We’re getting our feet wet in the new Spring 2016 Anime Season and it’s time for the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast to give their take on what shows have promise and which seem to be falling short. It’s a jam-packed episode so be prepared to take notes!

Anime discussed in this episode: Wagamama High Spec, Pan de Peace, Haven’t You Heard? I’m Sakamoto, Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Re:0096, Space Patrol Luluco, Hundred, Re: Zero – Starting Life In Another World, The Asterisk War 2, The Lost Village, Three Leaves Three Colors, Endride, Onigiri, Takana-kun is Always Listless, Bungo Stray Dogs, Kagewani 2, Ushio and Tora 2, Big Order, RIN-NE, Kiznaiver, Twin Star Exorcists, Anne-Happy, Shonen Maid, Ace Attorney, Flying Witch, High School Fleet, And You Thought There Is Never A Girl Online, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, Kumamiko – Girl Meets Bear, My Hero Academia, Cerberus, Joker Game, Crane Game Girls, Bakuon, Super Lovers, Terraformars: Revenge, Sailor Moon Crystal 3, and Rainboy Days.

The intro for this episode is the OP for Re:Zero called “Redo” by Konomi Suzuki. The outro is the ED for Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress called “ninelie” by Aimer x chelly.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2016/05/animecas ... pressions/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Re: 204) Spring 2016 Anime Season First Impressions

Postby Mys145 » Tue May 03, 2016 7:43 am

I'm not really watching Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Re:0096 because I just watch the original OVAs about a year ago so I rather spend time watching other stuff than rewatching a TV version of an OVA. It still bothers me the Ghost in the Shell Arise TV version decided to put the last OVA first when it didn't really need to. Looks like Unicorn TV is having transition problems if I reading correctly. Andrew, can you try to say Laplace as "Laplas" instead of "La Place"? The latter sounds like a bad French reading. Sorry for that but it's been bothering me for some time now.

I like watching Hundred as well but it's funny that people feel like they bash it because it's another magic school anime. It's like they have feel they have to watch it because they have to but never realizing they don't have to.

Chris, it's so good to hear someone that actually played the Ace Attorney games when talking about the anime. I just hear people who haven't played the games talking about it so it was nice to hear that. It was my fear that the anime would be botched and it seems that way. I saw this article on ANN talking about why people love the Ace Attorney games and think people should read it to really understand people who played the games and love them so much.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature ... ey/.101265

I like My Hero Academia so far but really wish that Ikuku was less scared out of his mind or at least not cry everytime. I don't mind the buildup from zero to hero for him but the constant wrecked nerves is a problem to me.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue May 03, 2016 9:50 am

Mys145 wrote:Andrew, can you try to say Laplace as "Laplas" instead of "La Place"? The latter sounds like a bad French reading. Sorry for that but it's been bothering me for some time now.

It's a bad French reading because I'm not French. I'll make a mental note of it though. Thanks for the help.

Mys145 wrote:I like My Hero Academia so far but really wish that Ikuku was less scared out of his mind or at least not cry everytime. I don't mind the buildup from zero to hero for him but the constant wrecked nerves is a problem to me.

I completely forgot to mention that, but I wonder how many Shinji haters will give him a free pass. He whines far more than Shinji ever did.

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Wed May 04, 2016 10:32 am

I'm about 1/2 way through this big ol' podcast, and decided to give Three Leaves Three Colors a look. One thing I noticed was the animation! It's so lively without being poppy, it's a lot of fun. I might be able to endure the saccharine for the animation :)

And you're really not far off on Laplace

https://translate.google.com/?ion=1&espv=2&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.&bvm=bv.121099550,d.amc&biw=1459&bih=948&dpr=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&client=tw-ob#en/fr/the%20plaza

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Wed May 04, 2016 9:09 pm

Neko wrote:I'm about 1/2 way through this big ol' podcast, and decided to give Three Leaves Three Colors a look. One thing I noticed was the animation! It's so lively without being poppy, it's a lot of fun. I might be able to endure the saccharine for the animation :)

And you're really not far off on Laplace

https://translate.google.com/?ion=1&espv=2&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.&bvm=bv.121099550,d.amc&biw=1459&bih=948&dpr=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&client=tw-ob#en/fr/the%20plaza

Hah, thanks Neko.

I'm actually really surprised how lively the animation is on Three Leaves. For example episode 4 when the rival girl is trying to get cute pics of her cat. And the intro/outro of course.

almightyhiki
I Bleed Anime

Postby almightyhiki » Thu May 05, 2016 5:13 pm

The fact this podcast is is a train wreck is what make it so great ::happy:: :P

About the lost village, I chilled on the characters of that show. I'm going back because of the atmosphere and the mystery aspect of it not to mention the first time I heard about its 30 characters and 12 episodes I knew I shouldn't expect much. I think of lovepon became a mascot. Although she doesn't make any sense the other characters seems to accept her and that's confirmed by her being with a group of characters in the latest episode.

Well, other considerations are:
I got really surprised by three leaves three colors, I didn't think I would get so much fun watching the girls talking at lunch break.
After hearing you guys talk, I might go check Shonen Maid. It looks like an interesting thing.

Machi is indeed adorable.
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

https://myanimelist.net/profile/mighty_hiki

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Thu May 05, 2016 5:32 pm

almightyhiki wrote:The fact this podcast is is a train wreck is what make it so great ::happy:: :P

About the lost village, I chilled on the characters of that show. I'm going back because of the atmosphere and the mystery aspect of it not to mention the first time I heard about its 30 characters and 12 episodes I knew I shouldn't expect much. I think of lovepon became a mascot. Although she doesn't make any sense the other characters seems to accept her and that's confirmed by her being with a group of characters in the latest episode.

Well, other considerations are:
I got really surprised by three leaves three colors, I didn't think I would get so much fun watching the girls talking at lunch break.
After hearing you guys talk, I might go check Shonen Maid. It looks like an interesting thing.

Machi is indeed adorable.

I am blown away by how much hate Kumamiko is getting for those two jokes. But at least my friends here understand me. ;-)

I heard some interesting things involving the writer for lost village. And like I said the things Andy points out keeps me wanting to go back. Not to mention the most recent episode has been spoiled for me and it's sounding like the Sharks have literally hit the money controlled fan. Actually now that I think of it maybe I don't want to watch the most recent episode. Lol ahh insanity is such a fun thing...

I hope you enjoy shonen maid it's definatly a warm show.

Btw good to see you lurking in and out and haven't compleatly abandoned us yet. I hope your irl stuff is working out.

almightyhiki
I Bleed Anime

Postby almightyhiki » Thu May 05, 2016 6:04 pm

Chris wrote:
I heard some interesting things involving the writer for lost village. And like I said the things Andy points out keeps me wanting to go back. Not to mention the most recent episode has been spoiled for me and it's sounding like the Sharks have literally hit the money controlled fan. Actually now that I think of it maybe I don't want to watch the most recent episode. Lol ahh insanity is such a fun thing...

Well, in my humble opinion you should watch the latest episode :)

Chris wrote:Btw good to see you lurking in and out and haven't compleatly abandoned us yet. I hope your irl stuff is working out.

Ah yes. I got some problems with my smartphone Internet. Then my computer gave up and I had to go buy a new one. Then exams started.
I'll stay lurking for a while. Now I got an article to write and more exams to do. I'll start to distribute resumes through the city courts and law offices to find a place for an internship. Breaking through 1000 posts looks like a dream right now but I'm not going anywhere, that's for sure.
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

https://myanimelist.net/profile/mighty_hiki