209) After War Gundam X

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

209) After War Gundam X

Postby Andrew » Thu May 19, 2016 8:48 pm

Gundam has been known to us for big epic battles and struggles between large political parties, however After War Gundam X takes a different approach. The wild west of post war survival that we dive into for this Collection 1 review.

afterwargundamxfeatAfter recording, we learned that the voice for Carris (and mentioned, Mihoshi from Tenchi Muyo) Yūko Mizutani passed away on May 17th. For that reason, we wish to dedicate this podcast episode to the work and memory of her. We appreciate the life she breathed into so many great characters we loved.

As mentioned in the podcast, this copy of After War Gundam X Collection 1 was provided to us for review by Nozomi Entertainment and Rightstuf.

The opening for this episode is the OP for After War Gundam X called “Dreams” by ROmantic Mode. The outro for this episode is the ED for After War Gundam X called “Human Touch” by Warren Wiebe.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2016/05/animecas ... -gundam-x/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Re: 209) After War Gundam X

Postby Kocurek1944 » Fri May 20, 2016 9:26 am

Awesome review!
I'm not going to lie,Gundam X is series that I truly love.I will always show it(and original FMA)as example of shounen that works for me.
So,this review receives 'Principality of Mecha' seal of approval.Waiting for part two!

P.S.Ennil El is love,Ennil El is live...Bandai just give me figure of her!

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Fri May 20, 2016 11:24 am

Kocurek1944 wrote:Awesome review!
I'm not going to lie,Gundam X is series that I truly love.I will always show it(and original FMA)as example of shounen that works for me.
So,this review receives 'Principality of Mecha' seal of approval.Waiting for part two!

Haha, glad we could get a seal of approval! Definitely look forward to part 2.

Also, love the caption pic. So true. lol

DieSchlachten
I Bleed Anime

Postby DieSchlachten » Wed May 25, 2016 9:14 am

Andrew wrote:
Kocurek1944 wrote:Awesome review!

Haha, glad we could get a seal of approval! Definitely look forward to part 2.

Also, love the caption pic. So true. lol

I am actually shocked about, not only how much you guys seemed to enjoy it, but how much Gundam X is considered under-rated.
I know you guys still have the second half, and a fair warning now... what you guys liked about the first half will get pushed aside in the second. Remember the series being cut.... well... things get rushed.
I thought the characters were way too over dramatized and then our main two are too bland. The character archetypes is just too overwhelming.
Too-too-roo!
"We'll do some culture afterwards" -Macross (1982 Ep 36)

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Wed May 25, 2016 4:13 pm

Even with the rushing, especially of the ending, I wanted to watch more. It was much better than Gundam Wing, especially with the characters. I thought it deserved to have the name of Gundam. As an aside, that's where my username kicks in. I thought it would be cool to have a variant of the Gundam X, and call it Destroyer Gundam X, back in my high school/college days. As it was too long, I shortened it to DestroyerGX.

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Postby shikakage » Thu May 26, 2016 6:26 pm

Gundam X was the very first Gundam series that I really loved. That said, I honestly don't remember what went on the series but every time someone mentions this series I feel warm and fuzzy inside. I remember how excited I was every afternoon to watch it on TV. I saw this on right stuff and one of these days I will buy it.

I loved the music in the show. I remember my non-otaku classmates singing Human Touch at school. :lol:

BTW guys, in the copy you received did it include the English version of Human Touch or the Japanese version or both?

Are you guys going to get the 2nd half of the series? If you finish watching it will you guys do another review?

Women of the kuudere tribe are a pain..They're not used to showing affection, so once they do go sweet they'll give everyone a three-mile radius cavities...

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Thu May 26, 2016 7:27 pm

I do remember they did both versions of Human Touch for the ED credits.

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Postby shikakage » Thu May 26, 2016 10:06 pm

Mys145 wrote:I do remember they did both versions of Human Touch for the ED credits.

I see. Thanks. I remember finding the Japanese version many years after the show finishes airing. Our local TV station has this tendency to cut off the ED song and even not play it sometimes.

Women of the kuudere tribe are a pain..They're not used to showing affection, so once they do go sweet they'll give everyone a three-mile radius cavities...

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Fri May 27, 2016 2:52 pm

DieSchlachten wrote:I am actually shocked about, not only how much you guys seemed to enjoy it, but how much Gundam X is considered under-rated.
I know you guys still have the second half, and a fair warning now... what you guys liked about the first half will get pushed aside in the second. Remember the series being cut.... well... things get rushed.
I thought the characters were way too over dramatized and then our main two are too bland. The character archetypes is just too overwhelming.

We're suckers for nostalgia, we admit. That's why we emphasized that so much. I don't think I'll mind the shift too much, as long as it sees a conclusion. It's fine for people to hate a rushed end, just sucks that it's a casualty of it's circumstances.

shikakage wrote:Gundam X was the very first Gundam series that I really loved. That said, I honestly don't remember what went on the series but every time someone mentions this series I feel warm and fuzzy inside. I remember how excited I was every afternoon to watch it on TV. I saw this on right stuff and one of these days I will buy it.

I loved the music in the show. I remember my non-otaku classmates singing Human Touch at school. :lol:

BTW guys, in the copy you received did it include the English version of Human Touch or the Japanese version or both?

Are you guys going to get the 2nd half of the series? If you finish watching it will you guys do another review?

Haha, gotta love that. Kind of like whenever I see anything Tenchi Muyo. As for the outro, it contained both of them on the DVD. Just changed at some point if I recall.

We haven't received a copy of the second half, but I'm sure it will happen.

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Postby shikakage » Sun May 29, 2016 5:41 pm

Andrew wrote:As for the outro, it contained both of them on the DVD. Just changed at some point if I recall.

So which version did you guys like better? :lol: