221) Girls und Panzer

Talk about the Podcast!
User avatar
Andrew
Site Admin
Posts: 5165
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:41 pm

221) Girls und Panzer

Postby Andrew » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:09 pm

Image
"Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" can easily be a genre on its own in the anime sphere. However, cute girls riding tanks is a whole different story. Join the hosts as they explore a world where girls live on ships while battling tanks. A train wreck of an idea, turned into something fantastic.

The intro for this episode is the OP for Girls und Panzer called "DreamRiser" by ChouCho which can be found on iTunes. The outro music is the ED for Girls und Panzer called "Enter Enter MISSION!" by the cast.

We hope you enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2016/06/animecas ... nd-panzer/
Image
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

User avatar
DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime
Posts: 1145
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:27 am

Re: 221) Girls und Panzer

Postby DestroyerGX » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:03 pm

Excellent podcast. I mostly agree with the thoughts said, especially the great cast of characters with their quirks! Kay and Katyusha were especially memorable. And myself being at least a WWII tank otaku, I gushed as seeing many tanks I liked in battle including one certain super heavy tank! I especially enjoyed this treat:

Spoiler:
The Rabbit team watching the movie "Kelly's Heroes" the night before the finals. It was the scene in which the Tiger was ambushed by Don Sutherland's Sherman, and its crew was desperately trying to rotate the turret to shoot it, but the turret couldn't move because of clutter, being in a narrow street in a small village
Image

User avatar
Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:13 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: 221) Girls und Panzer

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:21 am

Chris wrote: you can't drift tanks



phpBB [video]


Great podcast as always guys. This might be one of these only "cute girls doing cute things" anime I have liked ::peace::

User avatar
Chris
Site Co-Founder
Posts: 2463
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:37 pm

Re: 221) Girls und Panzer

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:45 am

fullmetal_snorlax wrote:
Spoiler:
Chris wrote: you can't drift tanks



phpBB [video]


Great podcast as always guys. This might be one of these only "cute girls doing cute things" anime I have liked ::peace::


Touché. ;-p

That's a fun video but one cool thing I like out of it is that it shows the insane amount of training they go through to be able to control those beasts in the most uncontrollable of situations. Still not sure I would count sliding on an icy surface as drifting. But I will concede to a point. But that is about the only way you could pull it off. Unfortunately the girls who were in question were in an urban battlefield. Still a cool and fun video though. Thanks for posting it. ;-)
Image

User avatar
Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:13 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: 221) Girls und Panzer

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:09 am

Chris wrote:
fullmetal_snorlax wrote:
Spoiler:
Chris wrote: you can't drift tanks



phpBB [video]


Great podcast as always guys. This might be one of these only "cute girls doing cute things" anime I have liked ::peace::


Touché. ;-p

That's a fun video but one cool thing I like out of it is that it shows the insane amount of training they go through to be able to control those beasts in the most uncontrollable of situations. Still not sure I would count sliding on an icy surface as drifting. But I will concede to a point. But that is about the only way you could pull it off. Unfortunately the girls who were in question were in an urban battlefield. Still a cool and fun video though. Thanks for posting it. ;-)


The hours put in are insane.. on a side note I found one that's a bit more urban ::happy::

phpBB [video]

User avatar
Neko
Jii-San
Posts: 4449
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Tejas

Re: 221) Girls und Panzer

Postby Neko » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:38 am

DestroyerGX wrote:Excellent podcast. I mostly agree with the thoughts said, especially the great cast of characters with their quirks! Kay and Katyusha were especially memorable. And myself being at least a WWII tank otaku, I gushed as seeing many tanks I liked in battle including one certain super heavy tank! I especially enjoyed this treat:

Spoiler:
The Rabbit team watching the movie "Kelly's Heroes" the night before the finals. It was the scene in which the Tiger was ambushed by Don Sutherland's Sherman, and its crew was desperately trying to rotate the turret to shoot it, but the turret couldn't move because of clutter, being in a narrow street in a small village


Spoiler:
I loved that "Kelly's Heroes" made them cry ::blush::
Image

User avatar
Neko
Jii-San
Posts: 4449
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Tejas

Re: 221) Girls und Panzer

Postby Neko » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:40 am

fullmetal_snorlax wrote:
Chris wrote:
fullmetal_snorlax wrote:
Spoiler:
Chris wrote: you can't drift tanks



phpBB [video]


Great podcast as always guys. This might be one of these only "cute girls doing cute things" anime I have liked ::peace::


Touché. ;-p

That's a fun video but one cool thing I like out of it is that it shows the insane amount of training they go through to be able to control those beasts in the most uncontrollable of situations. Still not sure I would count sliding on an icy surface as drifting. But I will concede to a point. But that is about the only way you could pull it off. Unfortunately the girls who were in question were in an urban battlefield. Still a cool and fun video though. Thanks for posting it. ;-)


The hours put in are insane.. on a side note I found one that's a bit more urban ::happy::


I don't imagine you have a whole lot of traction metal-on-concrete, so yeah, drifting!
Image

User avatar
Chris
Site Co-Founder
Posts: 2463
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:37 pm

Re: 221) Girls und Panzer

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:40 am

Neko wrote:
fullmetal_snorlax wrote:
Chris wrote:
fullmetal_snorlax wrote:
Spoiler:
Chris wrote: you can't drift tanks



phpBB [video]


Great podcast as always guys. This might be one of these only "cute girls doing cute things" anime I have liked ::peace::


Touché. ;-p

That's a fun video but one cool thing I like out of it is that it shows the insane amount of training they go through to be able to control those beasts in the most uncontrollable of situations. Still not sure I would count sliding on an icy surface as drifting. But I will concede to a point. But that is about the only way you could pull it off. Unfortunately the girls who were in question were in an urban battlefield. Still a cool and fun video though. Thanks for posting it. ;-)


The hours put in are insane.. on a side note I found one that's a bit more urban ::happy::


I don't imagine you have a whole lot of traction metal-on-concrete, so yeah, drifting!


Lol do you see how much of the concrete it's eating up. You know they have got to be gunning the engine full on to get the tracks to slide like that but yeah wow that's insane. Really not designed to do that. Tracks are supposed to dig into the surface they are on between the weight of the tank and the grip of the tracks it's a wonder that they are pulling that off.
Image

User avatar
almightyhiki
I Bleed Anime
Posts: 1184
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:10 am
Location: Somewhere in Brazil

Re: 221) Girls und Panzer

Postby almightyhiki » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:37 am

Nice pocket podcast guys. I love this show. The best part of it was guessing which tank would appear next. that was my joy in this show :lol:
The characters are well written. although some of the quirks get kind of boring and steryoptical, that doesn't get in the way of the fun this show proportioantes
The music is also pretty good. It contributed to put some weight in the battles

Unfortunately my favorite character isn't in the show. She's the main character of a spin-off manga that talk about another type of competition -Tankathlon-, more amateur like and way more dangerous for spectators.
She's ruthless, by the way ::blush::

fullmetal_snorlax wrote: on a side note I found one that's a bit more urban ::happy::

Just a side note: That's a Type 59-II. Fells good to see it sliding like that ::happy::
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD


https://myanimelist.net/profile/mighty_hiki

User avatar
Neko
Jii-San
Posts: 4449
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Tejas

Re: 221) Girls und Panzer

Postby Neko » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:19 pm

Best Girl second from left:
Spoiler:
Image
Image