240) Singing Dokuro-chan to a Loli

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

240) Singing Dokuro-chan to a Loli

Postby Andrew » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:03 pm

Cooling down from some heated podcast topics, the hosts of the Animecast take a relaxing break with fun news and great questions from the community. Future projects, studio thoughts, violent angels, and other great topics!

Topics this episode: Re:Zero Visual Novel, Spice and Wolf Tome, Girls Und Panzer Sequel, The Dragon Dentist, Star of Guidance Adaptation, Sound Euphonium Replacement, Twin Star Exorcists Filler, Maison Ikkoku Rebroadcast, Show By Rock 2, A Silent Voice Movie Manga, and much more!

Thanks to Crash Kamio and SemiBolt for the questions featured in this episode.

The opening song for this episode is the OP2 for Katanagatari called “Katana to Saya” by ALI PROJECT. The outro for this episode is the OP for Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan called “Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan” by Saeko Chiba.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2016/09/animecas ... to-a-loli/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Mr Tib
I Like Anime

Re: 240) Singing Dokuro-chan to a Loli

Postby Mr Tib » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:32 am

:cry: Akame Ga Kill :cry:

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:47 pm

mttibbett wrote::cry: Akame Ga Kill :cry:

It was up against some really solid competition for me personally ::peace::

Mr Tib
I Like Anime

Postby Mr Tib » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:45 pm

Andrew wrote:
mttibbett wrote::cry: Akame Ga Kill :cry:

It was up against some really solid competition for me personally ::peace::

Ya, but you still never like hearing one of your favorite shows disliked.

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:19 pm

Woooooo more people who have watched the insanity of bludgeoning angel! I was starting to think I was the only one. That opening scene in the first episode just breaks me every time. Definetly a strange show but I can't help but love it, and that opening theme is infectious, it's no wonder you sing it to your lolis! And I don't blame Chris for not wanting to sing the dango song to the lolis, that song has all the feels.

And that was informative about the review copies, definetly really cool to hear how that works and I'm happy you guys get the recognition from certain companies. Also that makes sense as to why you guys chose Azu-nyan as the site mascot, she does capture the essence of the site, between her and the name it's what drew me to start listening to this podcast.

Had a blast with this podcast, semibolt really stepped up with the questions and I enjoyed his questions, I was always curious what you guys thought of the versions of Air, Kanon and Clannad by Toei, I've never seen the Kanon 2002 or the Clannad movie but the Air movie was okay. I thought the animation was pretty bad at times and the ending was rushed and sucked all the emotion out of it but it was an interesting take on Air. If it was longer it probably would have done better, but at least we have the TV series in all of its beauty. And I agree with you Andrew about Evangelion having so many layers. Thanks to fullmetal snorlax he showed me how much depth that show and the end of evangelion has, it's incredible how much can be jam packed into a show or movie that can go unnoticed at first, then with multiple viewings it all pieces together.

But anyway looking forward to the future projects lined up, keep up the great work guys! :D

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:30 pm

mttibbett wrote:Ya, but you still never like hearing one of your favorite shows disliked.

Oh I understand how you feel. Every time someone says they dislike Clannad, my inner Fuko cries.

itzreinier
I Like Anime

Postby itzreinier » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:27 pm

Were you guys laughing at this? Lol.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... e-tv-anime

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:16 pm

itzreinier wrote:Were you guys laughing at this? Lol.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... e-tv-anime

Totally forgot this was a thing when we talked about that. But doubt we'll get head tilts from Saber :p

SemiBolt
Anime Junky

Postby SemiBolt » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:46 pm

Awesome episode :D I laughed a bunch of times xD
And about the dad question, I should have given another example. But I got the answer I wanted so it doesn't matter xD
And I was also talking about series like FMA, AoT, Bleach, NGE, where the mom is gone for a reason or another and the father is the only one left and "Tries" or "has to" take care of their child even though they usually don't like their kid...
But I definitely agree with Erased :D

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:57 am

The Angelic Layer recommendation was from Gundam Build Fighters not Wixoss. The only thing they might have in common is almost of all the players are female.

There have been 2 CG Resident Evil movies based on the games. I have only seen the first one which is Degradation and enjoyed it. There is a third one coming out sometime next year.

Twin Stars Exorcist Episode 21

Spoiler:
I think the time skip already happened. They are in high school now which they have different school uniforms compared to what they were wearing before.

The Clannad movie is seriously not worth your time. It suffers the typical compilation problems that those types of movies have.