249) A Town Where You Live

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

249) A Town Where You Live

Postby Andrew » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:04 pm

A Town Where You Live, or known in Japan as Kimi no Iru Machi, is definitely not your typical romance title. Featuring a cast thrown into difficult odds, it led to some of the more divisive responses we’ve ever seen in anime. How did the hosts of the Animecast fare? Listen and find out.

Note: Following our spoiler free review of A Town Where You Live, we dive into some spoiler discussion of the series. If you have not watched the entire series, avoid listening beyond the 25:30 marker.

As mentioned in the podcast, this copy of A Town Where You Live Blu-ray was provided to us for review by Nozomi Entertainment and Rightstuf.

The opening for episode is the OP for A Town Where You Live called “Sentimental Love” by MimimemeMIMI. The closing for this episode is the ED1 for A Town Where You Live called “Kimi no Iru Machi” by Yoshimasa Hosoya. The closing for our spoiler segment we play more of Sentimental Love which can be found on iTunes.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2016/10/animecas ... -you-live/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Stash Brannigan
I Love Anime

Re: 249) A Town Where You Live

Postby Stash Brannigan » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:10 pm

Havent watched it, but sounds like the kind of story I like. But I agree with Chris. I lie is a lie when you lie. No such thing as lieing through omission. That's like saying pleading the fifth is a lie. But it's not. Now it may be shady but I've gotten in many arguments on what constitutes a lie. And omission is not a lie. Is this kind of story at all like white album 2. I love that story and it's heartbreaking so it kind of seems similar. Is this anime available on any streaming(legal) sites?

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: 249) A Town Where You Live

Postby Andrew » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:10 pm

Stash Brannigan wrote:Havent watched it, but sounds like the kind of story I like. But I agree with Chris. I lie is a lie when you lie. No such thing as lieing through omission. That's like saying pleading the fifth is a lie. But it's not. Now it may be shady but I've gotten in many arguments on what constitutes a lie. And omission is not a lie. Is this kind of story at all like white album 2. I love that story and it's heartbreaking so it kind of seems similar. Is this anime available on any streaming(legal) sites?

Definitely should check it out. Sadly, I think only 2 episodes are available on Nozomi Entertainment's Youtube page.

I'm fine with people seeing it as an omission. But the example of the 5th amendment being plead being a lie is not a proper analogy in my opinion. That part of the amendment protects people from incriminating themselves, even if their words are truth.

I think the problem is the context in which we were discussing lies. Being untruthful to someone who trusts you in a case that can seriously effect their life is a serious thing to me. By definition, being untruthful is pretty much being a liar. I'm not saying that to say you're intentions of omitting things is to hurt others, just trying to clarify my reasoning.

But hey.. this is all more of that silly "How stupid is the English language" thing again.
::peace::
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694