286) Music of Winter 2017 Anime

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

286) Music of Winter 2017 Anime

Postby Andrew » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:17 pm

Warm off the chill of Winter with a run through of Winter 2017 Anime’s best musical offerings. Join the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast as they give their picks for the season and discuss the artists behind them!

Including great tracks from the likes of Hanako Oku, Bump of Chicken, Megumi Hayashibara, UVERworld, MYTH&ROID, Oxt, FLOW, Sayuri, and so much more!

NOTE: For High Quality purposes for music, this podcast was exported via HQ setting, thus slightly larger in size than standard podcasts. Roughly 96MB. Keep that in mind for bandwidth limits please.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2017/02/animecas ... 017-anime/

Songs spotlight in this episode:
Spoiler:
    “Go” by Bump of Chicken – Grandblue Fantasy The Animation OP
    “Sora no Parade” by HARUHI – Grandblue Fantasy The Animation ED
    “Kimi no Hana” by Hanako Oku – Seiren OP
    “Imawa no Shinigami” by Megumi Hayashibara – Showa Genroku 2 OP
    “Itteki no Eikyou” by UVERworld – Blue Exorcist Kyoto Saga OP
    “Climber’s High!” by Manami Numakura – Fuuka OP
    “Watashi no Sekai” by Megumi Nakajima – Fuuka ED
    “JINGO JUNGLE” by MYTH&ROID – Saga of Tanya the Evil OP
    “Los! Los! Los!” by Tanya (Aoi Yuuki) – Saga of Tanya the Evil ED
    “Elemental World” by ChouCho – Masamune-kun’s Revenge ED
    “TOMORROW” by Machico – KONOSUBA 2 OP
    “Uncontrollable” by Kanako Itou – Chaos;Child OP
    “Chaos Syndrome” by Konomi Suzuki – Chaos;Child ED
    “Aozora no Rhapsody” by fhana – Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid OP
    “Rirai Mirai” by MimimemeMimi – Akiba’s Trip The Animation ED2
    “One Hand Message” by OxT (Masayoshi Oishi x Tom-H@ck) – Hand Shakers OP
    “Shadow and Truth” by ONE III NOTES (one third nodes) – ACCA OP
    “Original” by TrySail – Interview With Monster Girls OP
    “Illuminate” by Minami Kuribayashi – Tales of Zestiria the X 2 OP
    “INNOSENSE” by FLOW – Tales of Zestiria the X 2 ED
    “Fighter” by KANA-BOON – Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans 2 OP2
    “Uso no Hibana” by 96neko – Scum’s Wish OP
    “Heikousen” by Sayuri – Scum’s Wish ED
    “Sayonara Bystander” by YUKI – March Comes In Like A Lion OP2
    “orion” by Kenshi Yonezu – March Comes In Like A Lion ED2
    “Nyako is Love” by Every<3ing – Nyanko Days ED
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: 286) Music of Winter 2017 Anime

Postby Andrew » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:18 pm

Before anyone yells at me, yes I know I didn't correct myself after getting into the Illuminati joke. The Tales of Zestiria outro is in fact "Illuminate".

Mr Tib
I Like Anime

Postby Mr Tib » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:07 am

Guys, please don't discredit Chaos;child just because it's a sequel to Chaos;head. Yes, you have all the right in the world to not believe me, but I ask that you at least watch the first episode. It's technically two episodes but the first half (episode 0) is a retelling of Chaos;head, and the second half is the actual first episode. Now, if you have watched the first episode and still don't want to watch, I can understand and at least you tried and that is all I can ask for.

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:46 am

Andrew you must have read my mind somehow, after the Granblue Fantasy ED and you said the person who sang it was named Haruhi I was thinking hehe gotta be Haruhi Suzumiya.

Always a good listen with these music casts, loved all the illuminati jokes too. :D Good to hear some from March Comes in like a lion, Kobayashi, and plenty others I enjoyed. Didn't know Bump of Chicken did the OP for Granblue, I've been liking them lately, gotta look into them more, they have a cool sound. I have to go watch the episodes of that they put up as well. And great choice of ending with the Nyanko Days ED, that song is way too cute and fun.

Great as always guys, thanks for fueling my Friday work day!

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:26 pm

Showa Genroku 2 op is fantastic,I really have to catch up on this show...if only Crunchyroll didn't region locked it...

Singer performing Fuuka ED is Ranka Lee from Macross F.

Now that You mentioned it,Andrew,I definitely feel Boku Dake ga Inai Machi ED vibes in Kuzu no Honkai ed.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:52 pm

mttibbett wrote:Guys, please don't discredit Chaos;child just because it's a sequel to Chaos;head. Yes, you have all the right in the world to not believe me, but I ask that you at least watch the first episode. It's technically two episodes but the first half (episode 0) is a retelling of Chaos;head, and the second half is the actual first episode. Now, if you have watched the first episode and still don't want to watch, I can understand and at least you tried and that is all I can ask for.

At no point did we discredit Chaos Child. About the only thing I can construed that comment on was my joke about OPs being in the first episode, which is a joke on anime in general, not Chaos Child.

I really have no problem with Chaos Child or Chaos Head, I just haven't watched Chaos Head, and want to watch it before I watch Chaos Child. Was hoping to do that before the end of the season.
Crash Kamio wrote:Andrew you must have read my mind somehow, after the Granblue Fantasy ED and you said the person who sang it was named Haruhi I was thinking hehe gotta be Haruhi Suzumiya.

Always a good listen with these music casts, loved all the illuminati jokes too. :D Good to hear some from March Comes in like a lion, Kobayashi, and plenty others I enjoyed. Didn't know Bump of Chicken did the OP for Granblue, I've been liking them lately, gotta look into them more, they have a cool sound. I have to go watch the episodes of that they put up as well. And great choice of ending with the Nyanko Days ED, that song is way too cute and fun.

Great as always guys, thanks for fueling my Friday work day!

Hah, Chris gave a sour face at that. But glad you enjoyed as always! Bump of Chicken is all over iTunes, so definitely give them a browse!

Kocurek1944 wrote:Showa Genroku 2 op is fantastic,I really have to catch up on this show...if only Crunchyroll didn't region locked it...

Singer performing Fuuka ED is Ranka Lee from Macross F.

Now that You mentioned it,Andrew,I definitely feel Boku Dake ga Inai Machi ED vibes in Kuzu no Honkai ed.

Sorry to hear about the lack of license for Showa, really is a shame if that can't get a broader audience. Hah, Ranpo Kitan gave me love for Sayuri, ERASED solidified it.

Mr Tib
I Like Anime

Postby Mr Tib » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:08 pm

At no point did we discredit Chaos Child. About the only thing I can construed that comment on was my joke about OPs being in the first episode, which is a joke on anime in general, not Chaos Child.

Sorry, you said that you weren't watching it and I figured that ether you haven't seen Chaos;head or didn't like it. But honestly I was using it as a excuse to tell anyone who will read it to watch.

I really have no problem with Chaos Child or Chaos Head, I just haven't watched Chaos Head, and want to watch it before I watch Chaos Child. Was hoping to do that before the end of the season.

I don't recommend that. I did watch it to prepare and it was pointless. Episode 0 tells you everything you need to know. I guess you could watch the first 7 or 8 episodes to get to know the universe but if you would like to save time just starting with Chaos;child will be fine. Now that I have wasted my time trying to save you some time (and maybe from a show you don't like) I look forward to you joining the CL;UB.

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:33 pm

I personally think the recap is horrible and can't imagine that it would help anyone that hasn't watched Chaos;Head. You're better off watching the original series than using the recap to try jump into the series.

I do want to point out that Minami Kuribayashi just goes by Minami these days. It happened sometime last year.

Mr Tib
I Like Anime

Postby Mr Tib » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:46 pm

Mys145 wrote:I personally think the recap is horrible and can't imagine that it would help anyone that hasn't watched Chaos;Head. You're better off watching the original series than using the recap to try jump into the series.

Yes, normally fitting 280 minutes in 24 minutes is bad, but when second half of the 24 are not in the original 280 at all, it made it seem pointless to go back and watch it. So, I guess the best recommendation is to go and play the visual navel, but that is a big time investment (I think. I haven't played it).

Star-K
Anime Junky

Postby Star-K » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:46 am

Los!Los!Los! by Tanya is absolutely my favorite this season, I didn't know the loli her self sang that song.
Great cast,always love the music episodes.