290) Kemono Friends Wins The Internets

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

290) Kemono Friends Wins The Internets

Postby Andrew » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:32 am

The hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast are back for yet another fun-filled discussional. Tackling the biggest news of anime for the recent weeks and diving into some great questions and comments from the community.

Topics this episode: SAO Returning, School-Live Dub, Kino’s Journey Manga, Funimation March Releases, First-Time Gal Adaptation, Haifuri announcement, Studio Atelier BWCB Closing, Aho-Girl Adaptation, Vertical Licenses, Crunchyroll Expo, ClariS Eromanga Sensei, Sakura Quest News, Gundam Thunderbolt, New Game Season 2, To Your Eternity Thoughts, Kemono Friends Fandom, Gravity Rush 2, and much more!

Thanks to Infohound, Patrik, and JaredScott5 for the questions featured in this episode. Thanks to Court Secretary and District Clerk for the .. feedback?

The intro for this episode is the OP for Azumanga Daioh called “Soramimi Cake” by Oranges and Lemons. The outro for this episode is the ED for Sunday Without God called “Owaranai Melody Wo Utaidashimashita” by Mikako Komatsu.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2017/02/animecas ... internets/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Re: 290) Kemono Friends Wins The Internets

Postby Kocurek1944 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:17 pm

Wow,I'm not the only one to remember Shounen Maid.

Japanese VAs pairs that work well together?
Toru Furuya and Shūichi Ikeda.

Key eyes are really bad...I just can't take seriously characters looking like that.

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:17 pm

I'm very happy for Logan that Haifuri is getting more attention. i'm sure he is super happy about this! ::happy::

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Postby shikakage » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:47 pm

Yey for spoilercasts! :lol:

I can't wait for New Game season 2!

Women of the kuudere tribe are a pain..They're not used to showing affection, so once they do go sweet they'll give everyone a three-mile radius cavities...

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:30 pm

Kocurek1944 wrote:Japanese VAs pairs that work well together?
Toru Furuya and Shūichi Ikeda.

Hah, good pick! Took me a second.

Neko wrote:I'm very happy for Logan that Haifuri is getting more attention. i'm sure he is super happy about this! ::happy::

He's so tsundere about it. Now all we need is an Asuka Euphonium spinoff and he's going to be able to die happy.

shikakage wrote:Yey for spoilercasts! :lol:

I can't wait for New Game season 2!

Hype hype hype New Game!! Gotta get started on that spoilercast outline :X

Long time no see, good to hear from ya!

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:51 am

Andrew wrote:
Neko wrote:I'm very happy for Logan that Haifuri is getting more attention. i'm sure he is super happy about this! ::happy::

He's so tsundere about it. Now all we need is an Asuka Euphonium spinoff and he's going to be able to die happy.

We also need to cancel anything KanColle related,because he hates this franchise.

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:54 am

The 4 episode Seven Deadly Sins miniseries is not an OVA. I get why people use the term for short series but it's wrong in this case since it came out on TV first. I would called it a miniseries for that reason.

As for the Kemono Friends thing, even the anime popularity can't revive the mobile game which shut down before the anime started. I couldn't get past episode 1 because it felt dumb for me. It's not for me but I guess a million plus Japanese people love it.

Mr Tib
I Like Anime

Postby Mr Tib » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:29 am

I enjoyed the first 2 seasons of SAO so I'm looking forward to a season 3, hopefully, but if it's another recap movie or a spin-off series, I will be very disappointed.

You probably already know, but if you don't I recently found all of the K-on sound track on I-tunes. I looked a couple of years ago and the weren't there, but with the pony canyon deal, apparently there was a deal for the sound track as well.

Now, I might be alone on this one but can I suggest y'all move the seasonal spoiler cast from the 9-ish episode range to after the review episodes. I don't know if people said they want it where it is or if it is just a convenient spot in scheduling but I think it's weird to leave off the last 3 or 4 episodes when talking spoilers. Either way I look forward to it and the other projects.

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:39 am

Gotta love the discussionals, always a good listen to for the start of my week. We're jam packed with news and great announcements. So much hype for School Live getting released!!! Can't wait to get that! I hope the dub will be good, I'll be looking forward to checking that out. I wonder who the cast will be. The SAO movie should be good too, and that other project they teased too. I gotta get on the last arc of season 2 before hand though. Never got around to finishing it.

And I won't lie I squeed hardcore when I heard New Game is getting a second season. I so can't wait for that. If there was any show last year I wanted a second season for it was New Game, (that and Amanchu) I adore New Game so much. Sqqquuueeeee!

I'm kinda excited for Gosick getting a release too. I've been wanting to watch it for a couple years but never had a way to. I'll be picking that up sometime. And happy to hear the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya have a confirmed release date now. I may have to get a blue ray of that incase dvd copy decides to not work in the future. But I'm happy people can now buy that and the original series.

Spoilercast next week? Can't wait for that! Looking forward to it as always. And more genre and topic breakdowns too, like you guys teased. I always find myself going back to the magical girl and trapped in another world casts consistently.

A bit off topic but if you haven't seen the Mel Brooks movie Dracula Dead and Loving It, it's hilarious! Loved Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein and Robin Hood Men in Tights as well. Mel Brooks is a comedic genius. I can only hope those rumors of a Spaceballs 2 is true. Never could find a good official source sadly.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:01 am

Mys145 wrote:The 4 episode Seven Deadly Sins miniseries is not an OVA. I get why people use the term for short series but it's wrong in this case since it came out on TV first. I would called it a miniseries for that reason.

As for the Kemono Friends thing, even the anime popularity can't revive the mobile game which shut down before the anime started. I couldn't get past episode 1 because it felt dumb for me. It's not for me but I guess a million plus Japanese people love it.

Thanks for the clarification. Think the other OVA got me jumbled. Chop it up as another "we cover too much crap" excuse.

Yeah, the app makers apparently came out recently and said "Yeah, that's great, but still not happening."

mttibbett wrote:Now, I might be alone on this one but can I suggest y'all move the seasonal spoiler cast from the 9-ish episode range to after the review episodes. I don't know if people said they want it where it is or if it is just a convenient spot in scheduling but I think it's weird to leave off the last 3 or 4 episodes when talking spoilers. Either way I look forward to it and the other projects.

Spoilercast is partly to fill space, partly to entertain discussion, and partly (in the case of this season and episode mark) to discuss something pretty crazy.

In the case of Post-Series spoiler discussion, we've always left that to the tail end of review episodes. It's just that we haven't really had any shows that have begged big discussion in the last couple seasons. So it hasn't come to fruition in some time. I'm not a fan of forcing discussion like that is all.

Despite laying all of that out, thanks for the feedback. We always take them into consideration even if we don't immediately shift to it.

Crash Kamio wrote:Sqqquuueeeee! NEW GAME!

Glad you enjoyed CK! Did you see the School-Live Limited Edition? My money bleeds from their pockets already...

Spoiler:

Thanks for the feedback on the topic discussions. Glad you enjoy them. Already kicking around a couple, either setting based discussion like Magical School, Horror, or maybe even Idol (though I'm really wanting to watch Wakeup Girls first).